Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2016, 12:10 PM   #181

Ultra high molecular weight plastic. Similar to a plastic cutting board.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 10-30-2016, 12:35 PM   #182

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
Ultra high molecular weight plastic. Similar to a plastic cutting board.
OK, thanks.

Old 11-02-2016, 03:50 PM   #183

Nope, nothing fancy for the chain slider, it's just a $2 cutting board I found on sale somewhere... cut it down to size, heat it up with a Harbor Freight Heat Gun, bend to shape, and ride off into the sunset

I found a great deal on old school "Bathroom Scales", $6 each brand new with tax, and I was able to see just how much my motorcycles weigh after mods

Bashan WILL 200

Front : ~117lbs
Rear : ~141lbs

Total : ~258lbs with a full tank of gas

After mods the little china bike is under 260lbs!!! And I still have the 4+ lb header to replace with that lighter 1.6lb aftermarket header (still waiting on a good welder)

I checked both scales with a 25lb weight and my massive 120lbs to check both "light and heavy" accuracy, both scales are "dead accurate" as far as my 2 tests can tell
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN5332.jpg (82.3 KB, 339 views)

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 11-02-2016, 10:43 PM   #184

Interesting report Az. Thanks
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 11-02-2016, 11:29 PM   #185

Good to know that I'm not the only one that steps on a bathroom scale to weigh parts.

Old 03-02-2017, 03:40 PM   #186

Another new year, means new tags/registration fees... OH NO!!! A whole $35 and some change out of my pocket to take care of that

Also went ahead and ordered me up some goodies...

Marine grade, made in the USA, 100 foot spools of wires... several different colors and a few different sizes of red/black (power/ground wires)

Connectors of various styles and sizes... basically some 2.8mm and 3.9mm connectors along with a "Delphi Weatherpack" kit

Several Bosch 4 pin, 30a Relays

A pair of Dual Tone 110 decibel horns "Can you hear/see me now? Or are you still balls deep in your phone conversation yah caged jerk?"

And pops got me a sweet Soldering Station for my bday gift the other day... no more crappy "crimped/insulated wire connectors" for this guy... just some solid (and waterproof) electrical connections from this day on.

Was going to get some good Heat Shrink too but I was lucky and at the last minute I found what is leftover from the several foot rolls I had laying around, 4 different sizes of those just waiting to be used up

I'm dancing now... but I won't be in a little bit when the Mrs. gets that notification about how much I just spent on all this crap

Got a "fun" project coming up... total re-wiring of both of the motorcycles... including adding 3 relays... 1 for the upgraded horn, and also need 1 for the Low and 1 for the High Headlight beam

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 03-02-2017, 05:25 PM   #187

Take lots of pics and happy birthday!

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 03-02-2017, 10:00 PM   #188

Az, since you love wiring so much, I think i will personally deliver my next wiring mess for you to fix I can do home ac stuff but auto electric, not my cup of soup.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 03-02-2017, 10:37 PM   #189

I wouldn't say I "love" wiring... or that I'm any good at it... I know I'm not the biggest fan of most wiring issues/project I come across... probably because I'm not the best at reading some of those insane pages of 'wiring diagrams' and such... but with a little help from my pops (and some gracious people here too*) all goes well in the end...

It's just another one of the "Jack of all trades, master of none" title(s) that I can carry around...

Now with all the proper tools and supplies, my wiring projects should look a wee bit better... but still no where close to the miles and miles of perfection that those "German Car Factories" can put together...

Either way I will take and post pics of my work, good work or not you will see it all like always

Bring me wiring/auto work if you want... I kind of need a job that pays... a stay at home parent/home school teacher doesn't make that much $$ after all... like $0.00 an hour the days I'm not fixing friends and families stuff

* PS... another big thanks goes out again to those who helped me to narrow down exactly where to look on our China Bike when the damn thing wanted to keep on running even with both keys in my pocket... with your guys help, so far the only time the bike has "left me stranded scratching my head for several minutes" since the first re-wiring project, was because I forgot to turn the gas on... those dumb carburetors always get me in the end

Old 03-02-2017, 11:23 PM   #190

Free Advice Is Usually Worth What You Pay For It!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhule View Post
I wouldn't say I "love" wiring... or that I'm any good at it... I know I'm not the biggest fan of most wiring issues/project I come across... probably because I'm not the best at reading some of those insane pages of 'wiring diagrams' and such... but with a little help from my pops (and some gracious people here too*) all goes well in the end...

It's just another one of the "Jack of all trades, master of none" title(s) that I can carry around...

Now with all the proper tools and supplies, my wiring projects should look a wee bit better... but still no where close to the miles and miles of perfection that those "German Car Factories" can put together...

Either way I will take and post pics of my work, good work or not you will see it all like always

Bring me wiring/auto work if you want... I kind of need a job that pays... a stay at home parent/home school teacher doesn't make that much $$ after all... like $0.00 an hour the days I'm not fixing friends and families stuff

* PS... another big thanks goes out again to those who helped me to narrow down exactly where to look on our China Bike when the damn thing wanted to keep on running even with both keys in my pocket... with your guys help, so far the only time the bike has "left me stranded scratching my head for several minutes" since the first re-wiring project, was because I forgot to turn the gas on... those dumb carburetors always get me in the end
You certainly sound busy always keeping up with family (most important)

When crumb cruncher gets older...Have you ever thought about your own home business as a mechanic (i believe you have stated you are certified mechnic). Seems like a person could put up a metal building off the side near the road (as a personal garage of course) and start repairing on a cash basis. You have a nice big lot I believe also seen in pics. If you need start up money, just start scratching those tickets.

PS, I remember when your bashan rear fender fell off in the middle of the Continental Divide, mine has just about given up too. I patched mine up today with drill holes and plastic tie raps. Did 125 miles out west of George West today. When I leave for work in the mornings I see my bike sitting there and I'm like those old honda commercials (I wanna ride)

Old 04-16-2017, 01:59 PM   #191

Finally named the Bashan WILL!

Well... I got tired of waiting for the Mrs. to ride and name the Bashan WILL 200 Dual Sport...

So I did her a favor and named it : Slade Wilson (aka DeathStroke)

Might do a half Black and half Orange paint theme on the bike

Other than that... it's Easter Sunday... it's extremely nice outside... and I'm going for a long ride with my newly named friend

Enjoy the rest of your day everyone

Old 04-16-2017, 02:49 PM   #192

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post

PS, I remember when your bashan rear fender fell off in the middle of the Continental Divide, mine has just about given up too. I patched mine up today with drill holes and plastic tie raps.
You can get that fender shipped for $27 from Taobao. Reinforce it before you install it and it should last for years. I just got one.

Old 04-16-2017, 08:19 PM   #193

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
You can get that fender shipped for $27 from Taobao. Reinforce it before you install it and it should last for years. I just got one.
Yes, I got that taken care of courtesy of a good friend.

I was going to reinforce the perimeter of the fender by form fitting with aluminum straps and rivets. Just have been busy installing my luggage. Will make a thread on that soon.

You know how the projects go, when the spirit moves you (code word for lazy and rather ride instead)

All day today was bloody tax day. And a little of it tomorrow too.

Old 04-17-2017, 08:06 AM   #194

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhule View Post

Can you point me in the direction on the issue with the bike would not turn off mine did this once..... I thought it was because I used the remote starter.

Old 04-17-2017, 11:10 AM   #195

Quote:
Originally Posted by goat67 View Post
Can you point me in the direction on the issue with the bike would not turn off mine did this once..... I thought it was because I used the remote starter.
Glad to help (if/when I can)... what I needed to do was take the head light, head light plastics, and '(key) Ignition' off the bike (it has a 4 pin connector)...

Pop the cover off from the Ignition to 'open it up' (see pic below)... clean up and properly resolder everything you see... I found hair and bird feathers stuffed in mine, and it came with cold solder points... once that was done, then it was time to fix the Connectors (if needed)... If I remember right they are 2.8mm non insulated Blade/Spade

Here is the 2 connectors I needed to fix on the Ignition http://www.chinariders.net/showpost....1&postcount=22

Hope this helps
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN4546.jpg (46.4 KB, 240 views)