Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2017, 05:26 PM   #646

=Ariel Red Hunter Shift lever fell off or broke?...ARH[/QUOTE]

Son hit it on a rock. Been trying to find a replacement shift lever with no luck so far. Going to do the carb swap soon looking at the different Mukinis avail on eBay, seems like a wide price spread. Figuring out the differences. What jetting would anyone suggest, we live at 7000' and ride up to 8000'.

Old 05-03-2017, 07:25 PM   #647

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarwolf View Post
Hello everyone! It is official! I have just paid the $319.00 USD down payment to Affirm, and Affirm went a head and sent Killermotorsports the other $1,000 USD. So here at the end of May, or early June, it should be shipped to my house for assembly. Now, I am to poor to have it assembled and tested, which is a bummer. Though, if the glass is half full, I will have to assemble it myself meaning I would know how to dis assemble it and install new upgrades, or fix a tire, e.t.c. This also brings up upgrades for the Hawk 250. I have been looking for just cheap upgrades or protection. I have the front and rear sprocket bookmarked for purchase. I am now looking for better side view mirrors(pref round shaped), hand guard, and a wind screen. Also, anything else that would maximize the speed of this beast. I drive a highway that is 60 for the most part, but 70 in some. I don't want to be the grandpa in the right lane letting everyone fly by me. Also, handle bar LED lights that are cheap would be nice too!

Overall, I am really stoked on getting the first bike ever! Well...I've been on a bicycle, that's just about it haha. So, any links to any accessories and upgrades would be appreciated! I'd love to see all of your pictures and video's of you riding on and off road!
MotoCheez has a bunch of videos on the Hawk, including riding off road...ARH

Old 05-03-2017, 07:29 PM   #648

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo01 View Post
=Ariel Red Hunter Shift lever fell off or broke?...ARH
Son hit it on a rock. Been trying to find a replacement shift lever with no luck so far. Going to do the carb swap soon looking at the different Mukinis avail on eBay, seems like a wide price spread. Figuring out the differences. What jetting would anyone suggest, we live at 7000' and ride up to 8000'.[/QUOTE]I've used ViceGrips before to get me home after breaking a shifter. The 30 dollar Mikuni works well for most people....ARH

Old 05-04-2017, 01:06 AM   #649

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo01 View Post
=Ariel Red Hunter Shift lever fell off or broke?...ARH
Son hit it on a rock. Been trying to find a replacement shift lever with no luck so far. Going to do the carb swap soon looking at the different Mukinis avail on eBay, seems like a wide price spread. Figuring out the differences. What jetting would anyone suggest, we live at 7000' and ride up to 8000'.[/QUOTE]

I bet this would fit the hawk too

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 05-04-2017, 01:43 AM   #650

I think ARH has a pretty good scenario going there... The Haosen company has been making engines, motorcycles, scooters, and even heavy equipment from about the time they supplied Noah with all the nails for the Ark... They change the names and details from time to time, but the end is always the same: Cheap equipment that's as close to bulletproof as anyone can ask. As for the current shortage of Hawks, here's my two cent's worth; It's tax time. That means that everyone and their brother has an extra couple of grand that's burning a hole in their bank account. Word of these bikes has gotten out pretty far and wide, and BAM!, you have a run on the market. I would say give it a couple of months and the demand will taper off. The real deals will be available then because everyone in the industry will have ordered double what they normally would to try to satisfy the aforementioned demand. Once those bikes get to the distributors, and the market demand has gone elsewhere (i.e., someone couldn't get a Hawk, so they used their tax refund to buy six thousand feet of rope licorice instead), the price will fall dramatically so that the distributors can move the sudden overstock. Maybe I'm way off base here, maybe I'm pretty close to the mark. In the end, time will tell if the Hawk comes back as the Hawk, or if there's another bike that will take it's place.

I was struggling to get my wife's attention; I sat down on the couch and looked comfortable. That did the trick!

My wife says I only have two faults. I don't listen and something else...

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way I told you to...

The Stable:
2005 Yamaha V-Star 650 - SOLD
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up

Old 05-04-2017, 03:13 AM   #651

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarwolf View Post
Hello everyone! It is official! I have just paid the $319.00 USD down payment to Affirm, and Affirm went a head and sent Killermotorsports the other $1,000 USD. So here at the end of May, or early June, it should be shipped to my house for assembly. Now, I am to poor to have it assembled and tested, which is a bummer. Though, if the glass is half full, I will have to assemble it myself meaning I would know how to dis assemble it and install new upgrades, or fix a tire, e.t.c. This also brings up upgrades for the Hawk 250. I have been looking for just cheap upgrades or protection. I have the front and rear sprocket bookmarked for purchase. I am now looking for better side view mirrors(pref round shaped), hand guard, and a wind screen. Also, anything else that would maximize the speed of this beast. I drive a highway that is 60 for the most part, but 70 in some. I don't want to be the grandpa in the right lane letting everyone fly by me. Also, handle bar LED lights that are cheap would be nice too!

Overall, I am really stoked on getting the first bike ever! Well...I've been on a bicycle, that's just about it haha. So, any links to any accessories and upgrades would be appreciated! I'd love to see all of your pictures and video's of you riding on and off road!

Here is a post on the forum about mods and upgrades.

http://chinariders.net/showthread.ph...ight=hawk+mods

Old 05-04-2017, 08:02 AM   #652

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerikol View Post
In the end, time will tell if the Hawk comes back as the Hawk, or if there's another bike that will take it's place.
On the most updated EPA 'Off Road List' for 2017 (it will get periodically updated through 2017 and into next year) the Hawk and Magician are once again on there. I think if anything were to change dramatically, they would have a slightly different model of enduro/dual-sport that is actually on the EPA/DOT 'Highway Motorcycle' list sold alongside the 'off-road' Hawk/Magician. I think that it is 'too late' to make the Hawk and Magician street legal since it would add too much confusion, so they would have to roll out another bike in the US. But, it seems that with the certification, they have to simply make batches of bikes, stuff them into boxes, and load them onto containers to get here. If the alleged crackdown on pollution is in full swing, and Chinese manufacturers have to resort to making the bikes in the middle of the night as I have heard, combined with getting accurate dates of shipped bikes, we might not see these bikes until much later than the information we are getting.

https://www.epa.gov/compliance-and-f...es-and-engines

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 05-04-2017, 09:17 PM   #653

I hope the Hawk does not disappear. I'm hoping to pick one up later this riding season to tinker with and have some fun....legally registered and titled here in the People's Republic of Chicago.... Otherwise known as Hellinois

" Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted." - John Lennon

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song

Old 05-04-2017, 09:47 PM   #654

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpl096 View Post
I hope the Hawk does not disappear. I'm hoping to pick one up later this riding season to tinker with and have some fun....legally registered and titled here in the People's Republic of Chicago.... Otherwise known as Hellinois
You should be fine. Considering they made the list of "ok" bikes again for this year, they are still being sold. Thankfully, since the motorcycle world is so small in the US, the Government gremlins haven't put too much focus on it. There are still obvious regulations that have to be met for road legality on a federal level, and more specific things for state, but overall it's generally left alone. Even if the Hawk somehow magically became "illegal" overnight, there would be some other bike just like it on the market shortly.

Old 05-04-2017, 09:52 PM   #655

Can somebody tell what are numbers of the front/Rear sprockets on the Hawk?

Old 05-04-2017, 09:56 PM   #656

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudsurfinginc View Post
Can somebody tell what are numbers of the front/Rear sprockets on the Hawk?
Stock, hawk is 15 tooth front and 50 tooth rear. Or are you looking for factory part or aftermarket replacement numbers?

Old 05-05-2017, 03:10 PM   #657

Hawk or Hawk 3 (shark 250)?

I was set on getting the 2015 RPS Hawk 250 for $1300 until I seen the Hawk 3 250 (shark 250). They cost nearly the exact same and sense you all know about these bike I thought I'd ask y'all.
PLEASE HELP

Old 05-05-2017, 03:30 PM   #658

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshBash2022 View Post
I was set on getting the 2015 RPS Hawk 250 for $1300 until I seen the Hawk 3 250 (shark 250). They cost nearly the exact same and sense you all know about these bike I thought I'd ask y'all.
PLEASE HELP
The Shark 250 has a 21 inch front and an 18 inch rear wheel? Most of us know where, and how to rectify problems with Hawks. I don't know yet where the problems are with Shark 250's. If you read this thread from the beginning, you will know where Hawk problems occur. There are a couple of states where it is hard to plate a Hawk. If you live in one of those states, then an Enforcer or Shark makes more sense for you...ARH

Old 05-05-2017, 04:18 PM   #659

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel Red Hunter View Post
The Shark 250 has a 21 inch front and an 18 inch rear wheel? Most of us know where, and how to rectify problems with Hawks. I don't know yet where the problems are with Shark 250's. If you read this thread from the beginning, you will know where Hawk problems occur. There are a couple of states where it is hard to plate a Hawk. If you live in one of those states, then an Enforcer or Shark
makes more sense for you...ARH
Okay so I live in Oklahoma and it should be easy to plate the hawk but if the shark 250 is better I might get that. So what you tell me to get is probably what I will end up getting. Im 15 Idk much about anything mechanically. Never rode a dirt bike or anything. So whichever one you think will be the best starter bike. http://www.saferwholesale.com/Hawk-3...awk3enduro.htm
https://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/snd/6082405752.html

Old 05-05-2017, 06:19 PM   #660

One thing I notice right away about the Shark is the rear drum brake vs. the Hawk's rear disc brakes. The Shark also has a 19 front and 17 rear with more street oriented tires vs. the Hawk 21/18 combo with more off-road oriented tires. The Shark has a balance shaft engine, Hawk does not. The Shark also has an adjustable preload rear shock as well.

Honestly, it's kind of a toss up depending on what you want out of the bike. Both are good in their own right for different reasons.