Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2017, 11:05 PM   #1

Venom X21

Hello! Been requested to post more information on my bike. I ordered the Venom Motorsports Canada x21 on May 26th. I finally received the bike on June 20th. The bike shipped from Boom just like the vader and is the BD-125-8 according to the stickers on the bike. Shipped in the same type of box/crate. I have yet to receive the MCO but it is also coming from Boom in California. Venom has been very easy to contact but I believe they also blow a lot of smoke, until they are called on it. They are easy to contact so they get some points for that.

The frame is slightly different on this bike vs the Vader. Its a little shorter, but sits up a little higher. The vaders I am compairing this too are Lildew, and not so mild's bikes. The x21 has a full digital speedo, (gears are on screen not in lighted numbers above.) Limited to 2 colors, red or blue. Everything else on the bikes appears to be the same.

So far I have 70 miles on this bike. Only 1 of them was with the stock BS on it. I completely removed the stock carb, replaced it with a Mikuni and removed all the emissions. I have also added a Aodonly exhaust to it and a 17t front sprocket. Removed the stock rear fender and reused some of the metal from the crate to make license plate holder.

Bike has run good, still needs a little adjustments. I did however have a peg break on me, this is when we decided it would be good to have a set of pliers added to the tools.

Unboxing the bike.

Photos of the bike from Today.

Changed out the rear tail light for this one with the Blinker integrated, Lildew has the same one on his Vader and had to trim plastic to make it fit. This one bolted right up.

Here is the SQUAD!

Old 06-28-2017, 11:24 PM   #2

Thanks for the post and Pictures! How did the foot peg break?

Have a great day!
-2016 Hawk 250 - Kitty Hawk - eBay exhaust, Mikuni carb(120 main/30 Pilot), airbox mod with K&N filter, digital cluster, total LEDs, 17/45 sprockets, RK chain, Shinko 244 tires, trunk, aftermarket levers, burrito tube, skid plate, Sargent Cycle Seat...
-2003 HD Sportster 100th Anniversary
-1999 Buell X-1 Lightning - Race kit, Buell Seat

Old 06-28-2017, 11:32 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbo7106 View Post
Thanks for the post and Pictures! How did the foot peg break?

Have a great day!
Not sure, think it was just a bad one. It broke where the pin goes through it and caused it to split in half. It was never laid over or anything of that sort.

Old 06-29-2017, 01:31 AM   #4

How is the overall fit and finish of the parts, paint and plastics etc? I see some crate damage, any shipping/handling damage to the bike?

/

Old 06-29-2017, 07:56 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adjuster View Post
How is the overall fit and finish of the parts, paint and plastics etc? I see some crate damage, any shipping/handling damage to the bike?

/
There was some crate damage but the metal is flimsy and can me bent with your hands with little effort. Everything went together well and fit fine. I have one scratch on the top of the tank but it's very small.

Parts. I've replaced normal motor mount bolts. I did have a peg break, and a chain adjuster in the rear bolt snap, when removing the nut. I think every thing else has been fine

Paint.. well it's a $1200 bike so its.. okay. The stickers were applied to the bike after paint but before the clear. So removing the stickers left some weird marks on the tank.i did trim plastic in the front so the air filter would fit on the new carb, but nothing is wrong with the plastics.

Old 06-29-2017, 12:37 PM   #6

You just can't please us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adjuster View Post

/
Oohh...can we get a walk-a-round? How about a ride-a-long? I know, we just keep asking for more!

Thanks!
-2016 Hawk 250 - Kitty Hawk - eBay exhaust, Mikuni carb(120 main/30 Pilot), airbox mod with K&N filter, digital cluster, total LEDs, 17/45 sprockets, RK chain, Shinko 244 tires, trunk, aftermarket levers, burrito tube, skid plate, Sargent Cycle Seat...

Old 06-29-2017, 06:47 PM   #7

Welcome to the little monster family I would suggest a 5-pin racing CDI and coil. My bike wouldn't even make redline with the stock electronics. Once the engine's broken in you should be able to do around 60mph (actual) with the CDI&coil swap. One thing to keep an eye on is the motor mount bolts:

http://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=19019

2000 Moto Guzzi California V11, resting in pieces

The cage: 1998 BMW Z3, 1.9L w/full Dinan engine upgrades

Old 06-30-2017, 03:20 PM   #8

Nice Squad photo!!

Old 07-01-2017, 04:27 PM   #9

Update please!

Hey Nnutthowz3,

I know it's only been like a week, but in "new Bike" years....that's like...a long time!

How's your bike doing? How many miles? That tube trestle frame, is it a functional part or just decoration?

Have a great weekend!

Old 07-06-2017, 09:38 PM   #10

Quote:
Hey Nnutthowz3,

I know it's only been like a week, but in "new Bike" years....that's like...a long time!

How's your bike doing? How many miles? That tube trestle frame, is it a functional part or just decoration?

Have a great weekend!
Sorry! With work and riding on the weekends into the late nights I forgot to come back and post about it!

The new bike is doing good! I'm at 140+ miles currently. The Tube frame is decoration, under the chrome caps it is 3 10mm bolts to the frame.

Quote:
Oohh...can we get a walk-a-round? How about a ride-a-long? I know, we just keep asking for more!

Thanks!
I try to work on getting a video walk around of the bike in the next few days, I don't have a way to record a ride along currently

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skin Mechanic View Post
Welcome to the little monster family I would suggest a 5-pin racing CDI and coil. My bike wouldn't even make redline with the stock electronics. Once the engine's broken in you should be able to do around 60mph (actual) with the CDI&coil swap. One thing to keep an eye on is the motor mount bolts
I changed out the motor mount bolts before it had 2 miles on her with some Grade 8! Have a few other guys on this forum that gave me a list of things to change before her maiden voyage!

I can do 55 pretty easily currently, as i changed out the front sprocket to a 17t. But thanks for the tip

Old 07-21-2017, 11:56 PM   #11

Decided to paint the wheels with some Plasti Dip and make it look a little more like a Ducati Monster. Im really happy with the way they turned out.

The Ducati Monster for reference

Old 07-24-2017, 03:53 PM   #12

Looks great man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NnuttHowz3 View Post
Decided to paint the wheels with some Plasti Dip and make it look a little more like a Ducati Monster. Im really happy with the way they turned out.

The Ducati Monster for reference

Old 08-27-2017, 12:33 PM   #13

Looking at getting this one, what carb did you put on here? Is it a 22mm intake like the rest of the chinese clones? Thanks

Old 08-27-2017, 12:41 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by zortor View Post
Looking at getting this one, what carb did you put on here? Is it a 22mm intake like the rest of the chinese clones? Thanks
Sure is.

Old 08-25-2022, 05:46 PM   #15

I've been doing some of the exhaust research and finding, what looks like you also did, that the exhaust port on the clones is at a different angle and the exhaust don't fit right up. I have read a few posts about some sort of stacking of gaskets, or some sort of adapter, both of which I want to avoid and planned on bending the Grom exhaust to fit.

Wondering if that is the discoloring on your pipe, heating and bending, and if so how much did you really need to heat the pipe to get it to bend correctly?

Did you bend off the pipe and fit or did you bolt the head pipe to the motor, then heat and bend into place on the bike?

Lastly, have you tried using light abrassive to bring get the heat coloring off and bring back the stainless properties?
Thank you,