Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-2018, 10:25 AM   #1

Bashan Storm setup

Well I pushed the button and ordered a Bashan Storm/Stallion.

I have some some studying up on all this in the meantime. I never assembled a motorcycle from a crate before, I was planning to use the good information on this forum and youtube for the Hawk 250.

I know they are not the same bike (counter-balanced engine, USD forks etc) but I figure since both are CG based and have a similar frame it should not be all that different. Is this a workable plan?

Old 01-09-2018, 10:29 AM   #2

Congrats! Between youtube and this forum you should have no problems assembling. Just take your time assembling and lubricate every moving part including the chain and Loctite every bolt you can put your hands on.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 01-09-2018, 11:48 AM   #3

If you can assemble one bike, you can assemble them all. Pretty much all of the same principles apply. My only suggestion to add is basically double down on what Jerry said and take your time. It's tempting to just slap it together and go, but the more care and attention to detail on first assembly will make for a much better finished product.

If you have the space and time, I would even suggest putting the bike on a stand(s) and taking it apart once you have it out of the crate. Check even the simplest things, like any point that moves - grease it. Give the wiring harness a good once over, re-route wires that look like they may melt on something hot or rub on something and short. Add electrical tape and zip tie to secure it if necessary.

My own personal suggestion would also be to hit up the electrical connections with anti-corrosion spray. Oh, and don't forget to check/tighten up the spokes.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 01-09-2018, 12:46 PM   #4

Thanks for the reminder on spokes. I had not even thought of that.

Old 02-15-2018, 11:25 AM   #5

and one month later, still not here.

Old 02-15-2018, 12:45 PM   #6

What does the seller say about taking so long? (who is the seller?)

Old 02-15-2018, 07:58 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
What does the seller say about taking so long? (who is the seller?)
ASPCA--the flakiest online dealer who somehow remains open??!!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 02-15-2018, 08:00 PM   #8

Sad, APSCUSA used to be pretty good. I dont think they will ever rip you off like other dealers, but they have gotten very slow. I ordered a go kart and the shipper damaged it. Don sent me replacement part at no charge even though it wasn't his fault.

Last edited by pistolclass; 02-15-2018 at 08:02 PM. Reason: typo

Old 02-16-2018, 09:00 AM   #9

I had no issues with APSCUSA. Like pistolclass I received a UTV damaged by the shipping company and Don sent out replacement part right away. That I did expect him to do. I thought I would be fighting with the shipping Co.
They don't have everything they sell in stock at dealership and most of it is drop shipped out of warehouses. One thing I have noticed is most of the long deliveries have been on Bashan bikes and if you look on APSCUSA website all the Bashan bike are show small quantities. So what happens is Don calls or emails the distributors warehouse .They tell him they have in stock, Don tells customer yes we have in stock. Now it's out of his hands and is going by what the distributor is telling him. It make him look bad because your order takes forever. Yet you can order a Hawk which comes out a different warehouse and get it in a week or two. This can happen with any dealer. Hopefully you get your bike soon.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 02-16-2018, 09:40 AM   #10

I too have a Bashan Storm coming from Don and Greg at APSCUSA also. I spoke with Greg yesterday about a eta because when I paid off the remaining due on Tuesday we began talking adout other things including their business rating online and many other things having nothing to do with my purchase and I forgot to inquire about it.

He admitted they had some bad dealing with other parties in the business that has hurt their reputation and stated shipping can be a real hassle sometimes and is usually out of there hands creating bad reviews. Even when the product is listed as "on back order" customers get impatiant as shipments don't come in as projected.

All in all, I was told that the bikes are state side in California and it should be 7 to 10 days pending there is no hold up due to someone in the link being shut down for President's Day so I'll let you know if it goes as planned next week.

Old 02-16-2018, 08:46 PM   #11

Reposted from what I said on another thread:

When I talked to Don over a month ago, he said they had it in stock. They were shipping it from Toronto. It never showed up. I called, they said it looked like the shipper lost it. They declared it a loss but said they had one in their office, a display model they could send, already assembled. That one never got sent, either. From the moment we got to this point I never have spoken to Don again, it was always his son when I called.

That one also never showed up. When I started calling, I got the same answer. They could not find a shipping company to send it, though they assured me it was crated and ready to go. How hard can it be to get a shipping company, that you know, gets paid to ship things, to ship a goddamned bike?

Then they said they would ship it in their own truck. That too never happened. Got tired of calling at getting the same answer. I was polite for quite awhile. I realize shit happens. After over a month, I told them to cancel the order. They said they would. And yet I've seen no email showing it was cancelled, either.

I may look for a Magician 250, the bike I was initially going to get, if I can locate a half-way decent dealer.

Old 02-16-2018, 09:11 PM   #12

I ordered my Hawk through Killermotorsports and I was very pleased with the whole experience. They shipped to me with Saia, which is a great shipping company to work with.

Not a bad price on the Magician right now either. https://www.killermotorsports.com/rp...dirt-bike.html

Old 02-21-2018, 04:55 PM   #13

Just an update on my order. I was told last week it should be on schedule for delivery on Tuesday. well now its Wednesday with no form of contact or anything so I went to the website to check the order status, my order didn't show I had paid off the remainder and no delivery info. I called and was told they showed it paid and the haven't updated the site and would send me the info thru E-mail as soon as they receive it.

I'm not in a huge rush to get the bike but would like to get some sort of tracking.

Old 02-21-2018, 05:28 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cravin01 View Post
Just an update on my order. I was told last week it should be on schedule for delivery on Tuesday. well now its Wednesday with no form of contact or anything so I went to the website to check the order status, my order didn't show I had paid off the remainder and no delivery info. I called and was told they showed it paid and the haven't updated the site and would send me the info thru E-mail as soon as they receive it.

I'm not in a huge rush to get the bike but would like to get some sort of tracking.
Try not to blame the seller too much. Yes, they should be giving you updates as soon as they get them, but they are just as much at mercy of the shipping company as you are once they sign the bike over to said shipper. At that point the consignor and consignee are at the mercy of the shipper, a third party.

I would give them 48 hours to try and retrieve the shipping information for you before contacting them again. This should give them the time to contact the shipper and then receive the information requested. After 48 hours, then I would contact them again.

Old 03-07-2018, 09:38 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
Try not to blame the seller too much. Yes, they should be giving you updates as soon as they get them, but they are just as much at mercy of the shipping company as you are once they sign the bike over to said shipper. At that point the consignor and consignee are at the mercy of the shipper, a third party.
ok my long winded final thoughts on this, if anyone wants to read.

When all they do, as a business, is ship bikes, they better have some control over their delivery service or they shouldn't be in business. You can't build an entire industry on excuses.

The Chinese scooter boom failed a few years ago because there was very little attempt on qc or educating the consumer on what needed to be done to maintain the scooters. Those fly by night scooter shops still pop up now and then but not as bad as before. People are too aware of them. Spend 1000 on a Tao Tao, Icebear or unnamed trash that may or may not die in a few months. Spend twice that for a bulletproof Sym or Kymco with a 2 year warranty, or maybe a little over 1k more for a PCX150 or SMAX that will do it all, and look great while doing it. Why would people bother now?

The Chinese enduros seemed to solve a lot of the quality issues but the main issue I've seen from complaints is generally shipping. Time of shipping, lost shipping, damaged shipping. That may not be the resellers fault, but again,other businesses manage this, why can't they? CSC, Pitster and a few others seem to be finding a way to get it done. You pay more, but apparently avoid the shipping lottery.

For me, i dealt with a couple more vendors but they gave me a flaky feeling and I backed off. Bought a V Star 250 yesterday, which isn't the type of bike I was expecting, but something about it drew me in. It was that or a Van Van. So I doubt I'll ever get a Chinese bike, but who knows, maybe years from now those issues will be resolved. Meanwhile, this is one of the most helpful and knowledgeable forums i have read. Thanks everyone.

"If you come to a fork in the road, take it" -Yogi Berra