Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2017, 10:46 PM   #16

Check out those HUGE hand-guards on that goofy adventure grom.

Previously owned / operated MOTO Xtreme selling American Lifan / Check out my friends at www.armattanquads.com

"Imagination is more important that knowledge" Albert Einstein

Old 04-01-2017, 07:53 PM   #17

Interestingly today I was browsing around on YouTube and ran across a Honda concept bike called the 150ss. Looked about the same size as the grom but the cylinder while not quite upright was oriented like the front cylinder of a vtwin. With the cb makers looking at 150cc from clones it makes me wonder if they some how knew Honda was looking at going the same cc route.

Old 04-02-2017, 01:20 AM   #18

I wonder what these companies from China know and don't know. I think that if Honda brings out a 150 GLV (Grom Like Vehicle--I made up that term for all the Grom replicas), there will definitely still be interest in the replicas--the MSRP of a Grom is up there, and an improved model with a larger engine will be even more! I am actually interested in the Lifan for a race bike in a series that Lifan really and truly should set up in the US, and obviously the street versions will be interesting for many people as a lower cost, but higher performing, GLV.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 04-02-2017, 10:17 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
I wonder what these companies from China know and don't know. I think that if Honda brings out a 150 GLV (Grom Like Vehicle--I made up that term for all the Grom replicas), there will definitely still be interest in the replicas--the MSRP of a Grom is up there, and an improved model with a larger engine will be even more! I am actually interested in the Lifan for a race bike in a series that Lifan really and truly should set up in the US, and obviously the street versions will be interesting for many people as a lower cost, but higher performing, GLV.
There seems to be a lot of interest of these small bikes. That is a sensible acronym for the description. Do you know where these came from prior to this original honda model. In other words , what is its link to earlier models .
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 04-03-2017, 12:17 AM   #20

Remember the Lifan Pony 100? That bike was copied from the Honda Ape of the mid to later (maybe they still make it??) 2000's. That is my guess as far as progression to a Grom.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ape 100.jpg (21.3 KB, 394 views)

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 04-03-2017, 12:19 AM   #21

It was a shame that American Lifan stopped importing these; they started catching on here...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg maxresdefault.jpg (88.8 KB, 400 views)

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 04-15-2017, 10:53 PM   #22

For giggles I sent CSC a email today suggesting a 250 breakout. I'll curiouse to get a response. I also pushed for the CSC copper color to be put on the cafe racer.

Old 04-24-2017, 10:37 PM   #23

I just saw the KP Mini 150 was approved on the latest updated EPA/DOT 2017 list. Their KP 200/KPR 200 bikes have been approved since November, but I have yet to see them offered, so am not holding my breath, but at least they are approved and are offering more than the Grom class of bikes (125cc horizontal thumper/4-speed tranny) with its 150cc vertical/5-speed tranny.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lifan-kp-mini-motorcycle-mainjpg.jpg (95.5 KB, 364 views)

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 04-26-2017, 12:39 AM   #24

I emailed American Lifan and a guy named Tony told me the KP Mini would go on sale in the USA in June 2017.

very interesting! I am really tempted, want to see what they are going to cost.

Old 04-26-2017, 01:48 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by prismways View Post
I emailed American Lifan and a guy named Tony told me the KP Mini would go on sale in the USA in June 2017.

very interesting! I am really tempted, want to see what they are going to cost.
If they get enough committed dealers, their prices might be kind of high because many buyers will finance. I called them today, and the guy who answered (don't believe it was Tony) said they don't have any dealers in Arizona. One note of interest/concern when I asked about California (Yuma is literally half way from Phoenix to San Diego) is that they are not seeking CARB certification; their initial bikes will be 49 state legal. Maybe I should look into setting up a dealership here in Yuma?

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 04-26-2017, 10:16 AM   #26

Haha. that would be great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
If they get enough committed dealers, their prices might be kind of high because many buyers will finance. I called them today, and the guy who answered (don't believe it was Tony) said they don't have any dealers in Arizona. One note of interest/concern when I asked about California (Yuma is literally half way from Phoenix to San Diego) is that they are not seeking CARB certification; their initial bikes will be 49 state legal. Maybe I should look into setting up a dealership here in Yuma?

Old 08-02-2017, 01:42 PM   #27

I forgot to update this thread. I asked Joe and in turn CSC asked Zongshen if it would be possible to fit the TT250 engine into the Breakout. Unfortunately it is not feasible. I assume the frame of the Breakout is just too tight to fit the TT250 engine. It's probably not worthwhile for Zongshen to design an entirely new bike just to make a 250cc Grom Killer and North American is probably the only market for such a bike. Here is the quote with links below.

"You might remember that I told you about the new small bike from Zongshen that looks like Honda’s Grom. I saw one of those yesterday. It’s a 150 and it’s stunning…

The problem for us is we don’t know if there’s a US market for a bike like the one you see in the photo above. As my good buddy Michigan Mike put it, does the world need another Grom? We had looked into selling these with the TT250’s 250cc CG engine, but it’s not feasible from an engineering perspective. Still, the bike looks great and I would love to own one. The fit and finish on all of the Zongshens is as good or better than anything from Italy, Japan, Austria, Germany, or the US. These guys have it dialed.
"

http://californiascooterco.com/blog/?p=25698

http://californiascooterco.com/blog/?p=25642

Old 02-19-2018, 11:53 PM   #28

update?

Dose anybody know of any online retailers carrying the lifan kp mini or eather of the zongshen mini's yet? I've been searching around for one of these but haven't come up with anything yet except a video on youtube of someone reviving one in a box. Im very interested in these and would love to walk on some groms. haha

Old 02-23-2018, 09:40 PM   #29

https://www.redoakcycles.com/