Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2018, 10:41 AM   #1

Irate Bull 200 Chain Adjustment???? HELP PLS

Anyone know how to adjust the chain on a Tao Tao Bull 200? The parts list on the TaoTao website shows the eyelit bolts but I coouldnt find them
on this thing even if you had a gun to my head! If anyone has ever done this or has pics, videos, suggestions, wild ass guesses, they would be GREATLY appreciated!! TYIA

Old 05-28-2018, 05:53 PM   #2

Thought I could help but it looks like the Bull has a new axle system compared to the Rhino. So, bump!

Old 05-28-2018, 06:23 PM   #3

Thanks anyway tho, I appreciate the bump and that you checked!

Old 05-28-2018, 09:45 PM   #4

I honestly do not know for sure ,but it looks like there is a long threaded bolt underneath the rear caliber almost running verticle ,could that be an adjustment bolt ?I just googled pictures of your bike and there is nothing too close and clear of the rear end .You can also take some pictures of it ,that might help .

Old 05-29-2018, 12:01 PM   #5

X2 on pics. Please show us a few shots of the rear axle.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 05-30-2018, 07:37 PM   #6

Question Bull 200 rear pics

Here are some pics I took of the rear end. I stopped by the place I got it from today and they thought I should be able to loosen the screw with the red arrow to it and push the assembly back but that hasn’t worked thus far. Any ideas?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 18DC9310-B84D-4EDE-9A8B-2F80EE578489.jpg (19.7 KB, 2045 views)
File Type: jpg 9600EAF5-19F1-4D48-A7FD-C312ECCEB6E7.jpg (16.2 KB, 2197 views)
File Type: jpg 858A47A9-AB82-4AED-995F-17F4CC93E4E9.jpg (17.3 KB, 2232 views)

Old 05-30-2018, 08:23 PM   #7

My guess is that you loosen the two bolts, one next to the chain and the other next to the disk. It looks like these clamp the axle housing. Once they are loose, turn the bolt you are pointing to and see if there is any movement. Also, your first picture shows something in front of the brake disk. It looks similar to the bracket on some vehicles to tighten belts. It may be a place where you insert a rachet and rotate to tighten the chain.

Edit: there's another bolt by the lower shock mount the may have to be loosened also.
2016 Tao Tao 125D

Old 05-30-2018, 08:37 PM   #8

Thanks David, I was about to try loosening those three bolts and seeing what happened when’s i turned the bolt by the caliper there, well the one under it. There’s a gray piece by the caliper where you can clearly see it’s mean to rotate, but i still can’t figure out HOW to get it to rotate, I think it’s there to tighten the chain. I’ll keep at it, appreciate the stab at it. If anyone knows for sure how to do it pls share! And if I figure it out I will definitely share and post a video of what to do. Thx all!

Old 05-31-2018, 01:06 AM   #9

You're testing my memory. There was a China quad a few years ago that had a very similar rear axle, which is a Honda copy. IIRC, after loosening the bolts, you insert something into the side of the axle (like an allen wrench) and roll the quad forwards or backwards. I'm going to reach out to Midlifekrisis and see if that's how his works. He isn't active on this forum anymore. Feel free to message me if I lose track of this.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 05-31-2018, 07:11 AM   #10

Thank you Weldandgrind!

Old 05-31-2018, 11:32 AM   #11

Ok, here's the direct quote from Midlife:

"Loosen the four bolts that secure it to the swing arm and then the two on the carriage, then stick something through the sprocket into hole on carriage. Push ATV forward to pivot carriage until chain tightens, then tighten all bolts."

Hope that helps. Please let us know.

Old 05-31-2018, 11:57 AM   #12

Thank you Weldandgrind! I’ll give it a go when I get off work!

Old 05-31-2018, 11:59 AM   #13

Quote:
Ok, here's the direct quote from Midlife:

"Loosen the four bolts that secure it to the swing arm and then the two on the carriage, then stick something through the sprocket into hole on carriage. Push ATV forward to pivot carriage until chain tightens, then tighten all bolts."

Hope that helps. Please let us know.
Thank you for this! I am going to hopefully have a chance to check the rear tonight, as this is bugging the hell out of me. Here is a link showing the break down of the parts. Looks like there is a guide pin sticking out of the side of the rear swing arm. I looked last night, and the axle carrier has an upward bend in that rides on the pin. I'm hoping that something is offset on the axle tube so that when it is rotated (the little bolt under the brake caliper) it will loosen/tighten the chain.

https://partskit.com/#/product/searc...20End%20System

Old 05-31-2018, 02:49 PM   #14

It definitely hinges on that pin and the slide on the axel carrier (part 37) I’m going to give it a shot in a little bit today. To be continued...

Old 05-31-2018, 03:51 PM   #15

axle adjustment

this is just like the old GIO and others like Baja and buying and so on.... loosen all the bolts as shown in the pic... then you will see a hole in the axle housing to pivot or roll the rear axle housing... it is egg shape to tighten or loosen the chain.... just make sure you have the bolts loose and the brake mounting plate bolts loose as well ... th elooser the better.... simple rolling adjustment,... maybe a video on youtube as well I will check