Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2008, 09:42 PM   #16

SpeedSouth, well said........... :wink:

Old 04-11-2008, 09:45 PM   #17

If your waiting until may,Spend time reading posts in here.Look at old posts and follow new posts.Get familiar with the ins and outs of these things .Then make your decision.
As speedsouth had written nothing is bullet proof.Nor do we have a crystal ball to see the future.
Best wishes for you.

Old 04-12-2008, 01:55 AM   #18

Send a message via AIM to Youpa
thanks speedsouth! its a good way to put it. my other friend is here right now and he said he knows bikes and said taking it apart and putting it back together again is easy. so i'm going for it. there is a 1 year warrenty on the carb but i would doubt any bad things would happen to it. and if i cant fix something i'll deffinately post it here! thanx!

Old 04-12-2008, 06:40 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youpa
There is a 1 year warranty on the carb
If you see this post http://chinariders.net/modules.php?n...ewtopic&t=3660
You will find a lot of pics of the carb on the Hi-Bird. Maybe I was a little misleading on the title to the post, I am taking it apart way more than is needed. I guess I am one of those people who just cant stand to have something work properly. My Mom told me that as a kid I had my first radio torn apart within a few minutes of getting it at Christmas.

On my carb I see no adjustment screws, maybe I need to look again but if I remember right there was none. My problem I think was due to the debris I found in the main jet. All of this could have been done maybe in an hour with beer time mixed in.

Sorry to ramble, I just got the feeling you were thinking these all have massive carb problems, and they dont really.... :wink:

Old 04-12-2008, 08:32 AM   #20

awesome. today i'm going to study the entire bike and see if it click with my brain. is there any recommended sites to learn how a bike works and taking it apart? i'm going to dedicate a LOT of time doing my own reasearch.

Old 04-12-2008, 09:58 AM   #21

Alot of good info at this site. http://www.dansmc.com/

Also just reading the post here and asking alot of questions is good. If you read all the stickies above with the prep info and how-to on carbs and other things you will be far ahead when the bike arrives.

The only time I had to push my bike was for running out of gas. I did everything in the prep list except changing the tubes in the tires.

Allen

Old 04-12-2008, 10:14 AM   #22

I'm glad my thoughts were helpful and taken in the spirit in which they were given.

As for the work on the bike, it's mostly pretty basic stuff. If you can use a screwdriver and a wrench/ratchet, you're pretty much good to go. There are a few specialty tasks that require more knowledge, but you shouldn't have the need arise often, if ever.

Welcome to the forum, and good luck!
2005 Kawasaki EX250 - A new project

Old 04-12-2008, 12:39 PM   #23

well...i did some reading about carbs. i found a site what showed pics of what to do and how to clean it and that was my MAIN concern. i got it down in 30 minutes. i could do it no problem! they are actually easier to understand than i thought. just the way they work is easy to understand. i'm still no expert but i got a good idea of whats goin on. i'm pumped about getting this bike. its my first but i rode a couple top notch ones before.

Old 04-12-2008, 03:58 PM   #24

I don't think you will be dissappointed. Don't expect to get top notch components, but it will get you around on the cheap.

Allen

Old 04-12-2008, 04:19 PM   #25

If You are not looking for a bike to pound on and can turn a wrench before swinging a hammer You would be ok wiht one of these bikes. They are very inexpensive and will require attention to certani things when You're putting it togethor. It all depends on the person.

Old 04-12-2008, 10:29 PM   #26

ok. what about parts. if i need a small part, do i have to order it online or can i get it from a bike store? are the parts in the hi-birds "parts only for hybirds" or parts you can find at any dirtbike accessory store.