Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2018, 12:56 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
Sorry to kind of hijack, but I thought this might be of interest to California members and it is about the CRP 250; the North American rep for Bashan confirmed in an email that BMS themselves are going through CARB certification for the CRP 250, and should be certified in early 2019!! I had tried to get an answer from BMS directly last week, after seeing a California-based online retailer who have a video on youtube featuring the CRP and claiming the same. The woman at BMS had limited English skills, and kept mentioning green sticker (which is California's off-road certification, such as for the Apollo 36 dirt bike), which is why I emailed the Bashan rep who I figured would have some kind of knowledge of this. At any rate, I can add the CRP to my wishlist!!
Check your PM as I sent you a link for Q9 that stated one of their Hawk type versions is 50 states legal and something under $1400

https://q9powersportsusa.com/collect...uro-motorcycle

Old 11-17-2018, 12:53 PM   #47

The bikes are ready!

Both of the bikes are now complete, and have moved out of the living room and into the garage. We changed oil and put some high octane gas in the tanks, and then we fired them up.

We were really surprised -- it was 17 degrees outside, and the bikes started right up. We used full choke and hey kicked. Put them on half choke and they started right up and idled. As they idled and warmed up they started burning off paint, etc., and made some smoke.

They're both running great -- surprisingly smooth with a nice idle.

There's still snow on the ground, and it's very icy underneath, so we can't ride them. It's enough to drive us crazy! My husband did ride out a little ways, and the bike ran smooth and shifted nice. We're very happy!

It's got us thinking of taking a quick trip over Christmas break. We're trying to figure out where the weather might be decent enough in late December for some riding. Any suggestions?

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 11-17-2018, 01:01 PM   #48

Lowered The Seat Height

I finally finished modifying my seat to make it a more rideable height for me. It really freaked me out to be cutting into the seat foam, but it turned out pretty decent.

I ended up taking out 2-1/2 inches, maybe a little more. Cutting the foam was pretty tricky, and I had to do a lot of work to get it smooth after the cut. We got the seat cover back on without too much trouble.

The whole thing was worth it though, since it makes the bike a much safer and more controlled height for me. Here are pictures of my modified seat compared to the stock seat on my husband's bike.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 11-17-2018, 01:18 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthRider View Post
It's got us thinking of taking a quick trip over Christmas break. We're trying to figure out where the weather might be decent enough in late December for some riding. Any suggestions?
There are plenty of your fellow Minnesotans (is that a real word?) and others from up north who descend on Yuma, AZ. Plenty of places to ride nearby, on pavement; when I lived there, I hated riding off-road on 2 wheels due to the beach-like sand surrounding Yuma. It was 4 wheeler country. I never ventured too far across the border into Mexico where enduros would be better due to the rougher roads. The point is, it is dry, cool, and plenty of places to ride around Yuma for dual sports.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 11-17-2018, 02:18 PM   #50

Quote:
There are plenty of your fellow Minnesotans (is that a real word?) and others from up north who descend on Yuma, AZ. Plenty of places to ride nearby, on pavement; when I lived there, I hated riding off-road on 2 wheels due to the beach-like sand surrounding Yuma. It was 4 wheeler country. I never ventured too far across the border into Mexico where enduros would be better due to the rougher roads. The point is, it is dry, cool, and plenty of places to ride around Yuma for dual sports.
Yes, we are Minnesotans, and most of us are desperate for a bit of warm weather during the winter!!

Yuma sounds like some nice riding, and I really appreciate the information. It's over 2,000 miles each direction, but it sounds like fun. We'll definitely keep it in mind. Thanks!

Old 11-17-2018, 03:57 PM   #51

If you do go, let me know. I will be on winter break starting December 21 through January 8 and my wife and kids live in Yuma, so will most likely be there. I may or may not have my TGB scooter running well enough to show you guys around the paved parts. Too bad my 'project' Jeep Grand Cherokee will not be running (it has sat in my driveway from when the trans gave out) to show you the off-road parts. There is one very large area of BLM (the US govt., not the protest group ) land which might be doable on 2 wheels (I have done it on Honda 250 quads, but do recall it being packed enough for 2 wheels vs. the beach sand consistent of the rest of the area around Yuma).

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 11-17-2018, 09:57 PM   #52

Quote:
If you do go, let me know. I will be on winter break starting December 21 through January 8 and my wife and kids live in Yuma, so will most likely be there. I may or may not have my TGB scooter running well enough to show you guys around the paved parts. Too bad my 'project' Jeep Grand Cherokee will not be running (it has sat in my driveway from when the trans gave out) to show you the off-road parts. There is one very large area of BLM (the US govt., not the protest group ) land which might be doable on 2 wheels (I have done it on Honda 250 quads, but do recall it being packed enough for 2 wheels vs. the beach sand consistent of the rest of the area around Yuma).
That's really kind of you. Your winter break sounds similar to mine, but I have to be back on Jan. 2nd. If we decide to head to Yuma, we'll definitely let you know!

Old 11-18-2018, 03:21 PM   #53

Put the new grips on

We weren't very impressed with the grips that came on the BMS bikes, so we ordered some replacements from Amazon. We went for the PROGRIP Soft Touch Rally grips. They are here:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000WO8MKY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The quality of these grips is excellent. We sprayed a little spray adhesive on the insides, and they went on easily. We're happy with the looks, and they seem very comfortable. Definitely a big improvement!

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 11-18-2018, 08:05 PM   #54

W

Quote:
This has disc brakes, both front and rear. We purchased it from SuperiorPowersports. It sounds as if people have had mixed results dealing with them, but our experience was very positive. It cost exactly what the posted price was, (times two in our case). There were absolutely no hidden or unexpected costs. It shipped quickly, and delivery was not too slow. We live in a very rural area of northern Minnesota, and shipments here are always a bit of an ordeal. This one was pretty great, though. We ordered on October 29, and received the bikes twelve days later on November 9. They were packed well, and had no damage.

I am almost certain it is a Zongshen motor. I'm sure I saw that name somewhere on the innards of the bike after we had it pretty much taken apart, but I can't find it now that everything is put back together.

Your fortunate to have received your two bikes in twelve days. I’m still waiting for mine. I ordered 11-5 and the expected delivery is 11-26. I was hoping to receive it before Thanksgiving but the shipping has been constantly delayed. Hope my wife, who doesn’t know I bought it, will allow it in the house for the build. Lol.

Old 11-18-2018, 08:54 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by NzBrakelathes View Post
Check your PM as I sent you a link for Q9 that stated one of their Hawk type versions is 50 states legal and something under $1400

https://q9powersportsusa.com/collect...uro-motorcycle
The website 360 powersports shows the Tao tbr7 to be a Bashan brozz when checking the specs sheet. It’s priced $1350 with free shipping at q9 power sports.

Old 11-18-2018, 09:44 PM   #56

Quote:
Suitable for Hawk etc
Nice?
Yes, very nice. How much is the cluster?
Also I’m interested in the cluster used on the new Bashan Brozz.

http://www.chinariders.net/attachmen...1&d=1521667460

Is there a way to find this one anywhere?
It looks like it will fit the Bashan Crp.

Old 11-18-2018, 09:48 PM   #57

Quote:
Suitable for Hawk etc
Nice?
This is another pic of the Brozz cluster powered up. If you can find this part that would look very cool on my BMS CRP.

http://www.chinariders.net/attachmen...2&d=1529963615

Old 11-19-2018, 08:11 AM   #58

I should hopefully have 3 samples this week, 1 like the pic you sent, one with Rpm dial on left with fuel gauge and another instead of the fuel gauge it has an volt gauge instead.

http://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=22538

Last edited by NzBrakelathes; 11-19-2018 at 11:05 PM.

Old 11-19-2018, 09:47 AM   #59

Quote:
We weren't very impressed with the grips that came on the BMS bikes, so we ordered some replacements from Amazon. We went for the PROGRIP Soft Touch Rally grips. They are here:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The quality of these grips is excellent. We sprayed a little spray adhesive on the insides, and they went on easily. We're happy with the looks, and they seem very comfortable. Definitely a big improvement!

[IMG][/IMG]

I have those on a couple of my bikes. Good grips. I use hairspray to stick mine on. Shhh don't tell my GF. If they need to be removed, a little warm soapy water sprayed behind them and they slide right off. WD-40 also works to remove them.

Old 11-20-2018, 07:57 AM   #60

Nice job on the seat. I've been wanting to chop the hump back a few inches on my Hawk seat so I'm not sitting on the tank.
Quote:
I finally finished modifying my seat to make it a more rideable height for me. It really freaked me out to be cutting into the seat foam, but it turned out pretty decent.

I ended up taking out 2-1/2 inches, maybe a little more. Cutting the foam was pretty tricky, and I had to do a lot of work to get it smooth after the cut. We got the seat cover back on without too much trouble.

The whole thing was worth it though, since it makes the bike a much safer and more controlled height for me. Here are pictures of my modified seat compared to the stock seat on my husband's bike.

[IMG][/IMG]

2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel