Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2019, 10:21 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter338 View Post
Did the Suzuki come with an engine made in China? Or is there just a clone China engine available with cross reference parts?
Ok... "from everything I've read and heard" (how's that?), Qingqi made the small motors for Suzuki, KTM's small bikes and some of the small Kawasaki's.

If this has been a tall tale, I'm not sure. Culcune???

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 01-14-2019, 03:36 PM   #17

When Carl Parker (Crazy Carl) was a member here and started his own forum mychinamoto.com, he was living and working in China. He had a close relationship with Qingqi, and was even given (actually loaned) one of their enduros for longterm evaluation. I believe the XF250 before we had it. He had stated a few times that they were the OEM for Suzuki's 250 and below singles. At least that is how I recall it. There might have been asterisks (*) with that statement but I recall him stating it and me thinking there must be disclaimers as it seemed too broad.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 01-14-2019, 08:13 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
When Carl Parker (Crazy Carl) was a member here and started his own forum mychinamoto.com, he was living and working in China. He had a close relationship with Qingqi, and was even given (actually loaned) one of their enduros for longterm evaluation. I believe the XF250 before we had it. He had stated a few times that they were the OEM for Suzuki's 250 and below singles. At least that is how I recall it. There might have been asterisks (*) with that statement but I recall him stating it and me thinking there must be disclaimers as it seemed too broad.
QingQi was making the Suzuki DR200 or some Suzuki s, now they make some of the Haoysong Koroan brand 250 maybe 650 bikes.
Not 1200% clear which exactly but they are the OEM for some brands

Old 01-14-2019, 08:51 PM   #19

Pitster pro xtr200x had the Suzuki engine in it ,not sure if you guys got them in the states but we did in Canada ,and I did a clutch on one and can confirm I bought Suzuki parts for it .The bike was a 2012 .

Old 01-14-2019, 09:54 PM   #20

so it sounds like some Japanese actual have heart made in China, that really makes me think a CSC china bike is going to be a good purchase.
Some one makes fun of it being a china bike I can ask are you really sure your bike is all Japanese or is it part China too.

Old 01-14-2019, 11:12 PM   #21

Quote:
so it sounds like some Japanese actual have heart made in China, that really makes me think a CSC china bike is going to be a good purchase.
Some one makes fun of it being a china bike I can ask are you really sure your bike is all Japanese or is it part China too.
"Technology Of Japan"

It say's so right there on the carb
Bashan Storm: Ebay steel exhaust wrapped, folding shift lever, seat mod, vm26 carb, air pod, dual led scrambler headlamps, windshield mod, led brake/tail light, secondary led brake light (swingarm), Ebay 295mm rear shock, back up CDI (racing unknown), oil cooler, digital gauge cluster,

Old 01-14-2019, 11:12 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruces View Post
Pitster pro xtr200x had the Suzuki engine in it ,not sure if you guys got them in the states but we did in Canada ,and I did a clutch on one and can confirm I bought Suzuki parts for it .The bike was a 2012 .
I have a feeling Qlink or SSR had US distribution rights when Pitster Canada had them available to you guys because Pitster never offered them here.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 01-14-2019, 11:19 PM   #23

Quote:
See which Suzukis we have in the US from China... http://en.haojue.com/products/styles_102_156_b156.htm

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 01-15-2019, 11:26 AM   #24

If you go on Qingqi's website and read the section on the Company History, they proudly claim they have been a Suzuki OEM supplier, at least in the past. When shopping for parts for my SSR xf250 on Taobao I have found it interesting that OEM Suzuki parts end up in the search results, and are sold by the same suppliers as the Qingqi parts. (Or they used to at least).

Also, since the 250 and 200 motors have both seen use in the Qlink/SSR and the 200 is shared with the DR, I would assume the 250 could also be mounted in the DR with little trouble, but I have heard what happens when we assume things...

Old 01-15-2019, 02:37 PM   #25

From what I remember, the Qingqi 200 is actually a 125 with a 200 head and piston. A DR200 will out perform XF, XP, and SSR 200's. Keep that in mind when considering a swap.
2016 Tao Tao 125D