Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-16-2019, 09:15 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
Many people are often afraid of dents and dings in the pipes thinking they are going to somehow harm the flow through said pipes. It quite literally won't harm anything in regards to flow unless you are having to crush the pipe beyond half of it's diameter, which at that point you likely have a different issue.
Not afraid of that. Its more of a mind thing... knowing I dinged up a perfectly good pipe. Even no one else notices because its hidden away... I know its there. I think I can accomplish this without dinging it up.

Old 01-16-2019, 09:33 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allinarush View Post
Not afraid of that. Its more of a mind thing... knowing I dinged up a perfectly good pipe. Even no one else notices because its hidden away... I know its there. I think I can accomplish this without dinging it up.
I can understand that mentality, and it is possible yours will fit without having to smash it up. Some members have had great luck and got systems that fit without requiring them to make any "adjustments." I have had good luck with leaving every connection loose and starting with the header pipe and working my way back, positioning each section so it clears and tightening it down. Even with doing this I had issues with clearance on the rear section where it turns up to go to the muffler and simply flattened out the pipe a tiny bit in that one section.

If it helps with your mental process, keep in mind that these are really cheap exhausts built with low quality standards for a different bike than what it is being installed on. Some modification is required.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 01-16-2019, 11:05 AM   #18

See the attached image. Im just going to create a small bracket to the screw hole in the handle.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190116_094930.jpg (92.0 KB, 247 views)

Old 01-16-2019, 12:14 PM   #19

Great minds think alike. I also drilled new holes for the end cap and rotated everything 90 degrees to keep the exhaust off of the plastic around the license plate. i could have done a better job with the mount but i am in between houses right now and my workbench and vise are in storage. I had to clamp the aluminum plate to a metal shelf with vise grips to cut it and drill it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 33A699BF-9DD3-439A-9682-65065DF4FE8A.jpg (13.1 KB, 244 views)
2017 Kawasaki Versys 650 - Seat Concepts Seat, Moto Werk Foot Peg Lowering Blocks and Highway Pegs, MadStad Windshield, SW Motech Rear Rack, Givi Handguards and Rear Fender Hugger, Polaris Series Regulator Mod, Denali Sound Bomb Air Horn, SHAD Luggage
2018 RPS Hawk 250 - CRF230 Exhaust, Mikuni Clone Carb, LED Headlight and Tail Light, Pod Air Filter, Generic Hand Guards, Volt Meter/USB Port, Grip Puppy Grip Covers, 45 Tooth Rear Sprocket, Shinko 244 Tires with IRC HD Tubes, AGM/SLA Battery

Old 01-16-2019, 12:17 PM   #20

Quote:
I wish I would have known about the pro circuit 230. I cringe at the idea of bending a new pipe and putting kinks in it. So what I decided to do is eliminate the air box, and put an external filter on it. I already took it out... The next thing I did was cut the bolt bracket on the silencer it self about half way. Drilled a hole in it, and tomorrow will make a 2 inch bracket to mount to the seat. This allowed me to clear the frame. I will post a video or something later when Im finished.

As already said...

Don't be afraid of "dinging" up your exhaust too much... depending on how it's dented... you might even gain a few hp

https://www.motortrendondemand.com/d...ts/0_ujj8a8mw/

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 01-16-2019, 12:39 PM   #21

I'm not a great fabricator so I just lifted the muffler and pushed it out away from the tire rub. The pipe melted into the airbox a bit, but sealed, and I'm planning on going to a pod filter anyways. Was pretty quick fix took a bit off the top corner of the bracket and moved the hole over. Used a longer, skinnier bolt and loaded up the washers if anyone interested.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20190116_111501.jpg (74.2 KB, 236 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20190116_111511.jpg (91.6 KB, 239 views)

Old 01-16-2019, 02:03 PM   #22

Just modded the airbox so I can mount stuff in it. It will also keep the mud off of it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190116_121308.jpg (84.5 KB, 240 views)

Old 01-16-2019, 02:22 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Richardson View Post
I'm not a great fabricator so I just lifted the muffler and pushed it out away from the tire rub. The pipe melted into the airbox a bit, but sealed, and I'm planning on going to a pod filter anyways. Was pretty quick fix took a bit off the top corner of the bracket and moved the hole over. Used a longer, skinnier bolt and loaded up the washers if anyone interested.
What is the spring for?

Old 01-16-2019, 02:54 PM   #24

Quote:
Just modded the airbox so I can mount stuff in it. It will also keep the mud off of it.
Welcome to the hacked airbox club! It's a great place to hide relays, fuse blocks, alarm sirens, etc. Makes for a decent place to also shield a pod filter a little better than having it stick right off the carb.

Old 01-16-2019, 03:05 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
Welcome to the hacked airbox club! It's a great place to hide relays, fuse blocks, alarm sirens, etc. Makes for a decent place to also shield a pod filter a little better than having it stick right off the carb.
I like the facility of a hacked airbox keeping a pod filter away from flying mud and solid water. You can also coat the inside of the airbox with sticky grease to reduce sand and gravel from bombarding a pod type filter...ARH

Old 01-16-2019, 11:32 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel Red Hunter View Post
I like the facility of a hacked airbox keeping a pod filter away from flying mud and solid water. You can also coat the inside of the airbox with sticky grease to reduce sand and gravel from bombarding a pod type filter...ARH
wisdom as always!
13' long chopper in progress
2009 johnny pag bar hog
2004 hd electra glide ultra classic shriner edition
1997 harley davidson 1200 sportster
1972 harley davidson amf sx250

Old 04-26-2019, 05:29 AM   #27

So about the ebay exhaust...the header pipe just slides into the midpipe? No clamps or anything come with the kit...now on the stock exhaust there is a chrome clamp...is that what you all have been using to lock the header and midpipe together? Searched for threads re: ebay exhaust and came across this one...anyone else have a better link? THANKS!

Old 04-26-2019, 06:00 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_DJ_Remixer View Post
So about the ebay exhaust...the header pipe just slides into the midpipe? No clamps or anything come with the kit...now on the stock exhaust there is a chrome clamp...is that what you all have been using to lock the header and midpipe together? Searched for threads re: ebay exhaust and came across this one...anyone else have a better link? THANKS!
No clamps or anything. It is a very tight slip fit and the head pipe slips inro the mid pipe quite a bit. I simply used some tail pipe sealant on the joint to ensure it doesn't leak.

Old 04-26-2019, 10:13 AM   #29

This is how I accomplished it.
Nip the ends out of the exhaust flange, a little ball-peen action for clearance, make bracket.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2191.jpg (59.7 KB, 137 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3587.jpg (52.3 KB, 136 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3589.jpg (90.1 KB, 134 views)

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 04-26-2019, 09:38 PM   #30

Is it just me or does the 2nd pic LZ posted showing the pipe and hammer also look like he has a chrome handled ball peen that he has beat the hell out of and bent to a 90 ???? Such anger ! That'll learn that hammer to smash your thumb !

" Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted." - John Lennon

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song