Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2019, 04:04 PM   #16

very nice looking bike.... Now you got me wanting one of those..... I like the 35" seat height .. hmmmmm... you probably don't need to do any mods to it.... enjoy it ....
2004 Isuzu Rodeo
1998 Kia Sportage 4x4
2004 Toyota Tundra
2016 Ford Escape

Guitars

1970 Gibson SG mint Condition
2005 Epiphone white Custom SG Les Paul L/New
Fender Banjo New Condition
BC Rich Bitch - Like New\
3 Jay Turser SG Good Condition

Amps

Marshall vs100 Good Condition
Acoustic 261 very good condition
Boss GT-6 Pedal effects Like New

Old 05-03-2019, 04:17 PM   #17

Hawk is an awesome machine with tons of info here, and guys that are beyond knowledgeable. In the masters class they are. There is a price difference between the two bikes, and the bms is more. I think, just think, the bms is newer on the market. The advertised seat height is way wrong on the bms, closer to 35 inches. I also looked at the bikes from Peace powersports. The bms has inverted forks. I also considered the storm, with counter balanced engine, and chiptoothy really praised that bike. Both the hawk and the bms have 21/18 tires. There is very little info out on the net about the bms, so it is intriguing to me. Megadan advised me that the bms would be a good choice, as well. Most of our riding will be off road. I think the bottom line is budget, and what you are willing to spend on mods, etc. Also there was a couple from northern MN that gave the bms good reviews. GOT to remember there is a ton of hawk info here, and way more than bms info. Good luck! If you have any more questions, let me know.
A family that works together, plays together, shoots and trains together, and sleds together, stays together. Second amendment! SkiDoo sleds, NOW 2 TTR225, and a BMS250. A couple of quotes (we are not farmers) "I don't get off the farm much" "Am too old school" I call the china bikes "the china syndrome".

Last edited by wedooit; 05-04-2019 at 01:42 AM.

Old 05-03-2019, 05:15 PM   #18

Not a bad price on these bikes.... I would consider buying one of these way before a hawk where you would need to fix a new bike before riding... and you can purchase it all put together ready to ride for no additional charges... Free shipping too?? good deal... to me it's a no brain er.. check the first link out....

https://www.turbopowersports.com/pro...enduro-250-crp

https://www.txpowersports.com/BMS_EN...-dirt-bike.htm
2004 Isuzu Rodeo
1998 Kia Sportage 4x4
2004 Toyota Tundra
2016 Ford Escape

Guitars

Amps

Old 05-03-2019, 06:37 PM   #19

wheelSpinner....One still needs to go over these bikes, as per the list megadan has provided. The couple from northern MN went over their bms bikes as well. Even check valve clearance, etc. The assembled price feature, I would not trust. Check every nut and bolt. If you do, it is fun and rewarding, as you get to know your piece of equipment. A few months ago, I purchased a, new, large Miller piece of welding equipment, found some problems, and fixed them. I and we like to go thru and check equipment, might save a walk back to the pickup.
A family that works together, plays together, shoots and trains together, and sleds together, stays together. Second amendment! SkiDoo sleds, NOW 2 TTR225, and a BMS250. A couple of quotes (we are not farmers) "I don't get off the farm much" "Am too old school" I call the china bikes "the china syndrome".

Old 05-03-2019, 06:45 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel spinner View Post
Not a bad price on these bikes.... I would consider buying one of these way before a hawk where you would need to fix a new bike before riding... and you can purchase it all put together ready to ride for no additional charges... Free shipping too?? good deal... to me it's a no brain er.. check the first link out....

https://www.txpowersports.com/BMS_EN...-dirt-bike.htm
I don't know where you got that bias from, but I have yet to fix anything on my Hawk? I greased things, changed fluids, etc when assembling, something I would do on any of these bikes. In fact the only think to break so far has been the throttle cable that came with my pumper carb and new throttle.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 05-03-2019, 07:24 PM   #21

OK... LOL... wedoit and MegaDan... I wasn't referring to checking torquing bolts and nuts ...or preventive maintenance.. I was referring to buying parts to mod the bike... porting and polishing ports and cylinders... changing carbs and etc... changing chains and sprockets... changing out forks and etc... that's what I was referring too... Just enjoy the bike when you get it...
2004 Isuzu Rodeo
1998 Kia Sportage 4x4
2004 Toyota Tundra
2016 Ford Escape

Guitars

Amps

Old 05-03-2019, 10:15 PM   #22

Good Choice!

We're the couple that bought two BMS CRP250s last November. Man, we love these bikes! Winter here was long this year, but we've gotten out on the bikes a few times in the last week or two, and we're still just really happy with our choice! We've had them on gravel roads and pavement, and a little bit in the pasture, and they perform just great on all riding surfaces.

They run so smooth!! It actually kind of surprises us every time we ride, just how well they run. Everything else is good, too. They shift nicely and handle well. We haven't had even the tiniest thing go wrong, so that's been nice!

Yes, I did have to cut my seat down, but I'm pleased with how it turned out. I'm almost flat-footed on the ground -- just my heels are up a tiny bit.

I think you'll be pleased with your choice. What color did you get her? Make sure to post some pics.

Old 05-04-2019, 08:25 AM   #23

Hey Northern... so you really like the bikes that much... take some pictures of them... how long have you had the bikes??? any problems?? Cut the seat down?? I had to have mine re upholstered not because it was tore up but I needed more padded foam for my boney butt... lol.. thanks

I am also looking at a new Roketa here...

https://extreme-scooters.com/shop/di...0cc-mc-enduro/
2004 Isuzu Rodeo
1998 Kia Sportage 4x4
2004 Toyota Tundra
2016 Ford Escape

Guitars

Amps

Last edited by wheel spinner; 05-04-2019 at 10:42 AM.

Old 05-04-2019, 11:02 AM   #24

Morning wheelspinner,
Here is the link to look at and read about the couple from MN
http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=22506

You can search all their posts.
Mrs northern cut the seat, and posted pictures. she did a great looking job. Somewhere they also posted pix of their trip to NV. They really like their purchase! He is a carpenter and am sure meticulous as heck. They are converting a vnose trailer into a camper, and have done a unbelievable job.

There is little info on the net about this bike, and that is one of the reasons it intrigues me. One of the things that irritates me, is the incorrect posting of the seat height by sellers. Then I wonder what else is misleading. Years and year ago many moons ago, as I say, in my spare time, I kept a small fleet of sleds running for a fellow. We moded engines, did carb work, frames, chassis, tacks, etc. I also had my own 2 bikes that I tinkered, worked on, etc. That was years ago, and my memory has slipped. I was able to rub elbows and get to know some of the founders of the sled industry, and engineers of engines, EFI, and so forth. Learned a lot, and should have taken notes. So my journey in life, led us to riding quads in the summer. That leads to 4 tires, EFI fuel pumps, injectors, front shafts and u joints, CV joints and boots, leaking seals, starters, etc. One day a couple of years ago, maybe 3, I said to self, why don't we try something different like motorcycles, get back into it. I stumbled onto a heck of a deal on a 250 Yamaha, too tall for me and the mrs, of course. One day, she went riding with a neighbor, had an unusual accident in the mountains, called me, and I came and got her off the mountain, bleeding, got that stopped, and had to have what 30 stitches in her knee. ok too big of a bike. Sold it at a profit. Got the mrs healed up Started looking for something smaller, stumbled onto a used ttr225 yamaha. Been tinkering and fixing on that project, and we both ride it. Gravels me to pay 4000.00 for a new dirt bike, when I could find a good used and touch it up. Stumbled onto this forum, and started looking at the china syndrome of bikes. There is lots of people that have great mileage, lots of miles and experience with these bikes. hmmm 1300 to 1700 for a new, yes, new bike? With a backup of masters that have a wealth of info? I stumbled onto a klx140L, kawasaki last summer, heck of a nice bike and a good deal. Gave the guy a deposit to hold it for a day, to acquire some cash. That same day, I got hurt in an accident, and was laid up for 3 months, 36 days in the hospital, so the seller sold the bike to someone else, and graciously returned my deposit. So last summer went to heck as far as riding, camping, etc. Then thru research, after research, maybe two months on this forum, I decided to acquire the above purchase. Mods? heck don't know yet until the china virus arrives, and I and we get the bug. I hate catalytic converters, and after exposure to the regen system on these big trucks, and failing sensors and the def, and the problems, will prob gut the cat on the new bike. A different air filter may also be in the need or want category. I cannot thank enough of the people on this site that have the knowledge, and are kind to share. I will post about this new acquisition, which is a anniversary present for the mrs, and she doesn't know. I am wordy, and that is my story, and am sticking to it, while drinking my favorite coffee this morning, while typing. Take care and stay safe!

Last edited by wedooit; 05-04-2019 at 11:11 AM. Reason: cant trype worth crap

Old 05-04-2019, 11:08 AM   #25

Forgot to mention about the seat....seat concepts has a seat thru the CSC website, exclusive I think. I don't know what it will fit, but I think I read a post on this site, that someone bought one for a hawk, and modified just a bit. I have that book marked somewhere and cannot find.

Old 05-04-2019, 11:33 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel spinner View Post
and you can purchase it all put together ready to ride for no additional charges... Free shipping too?? good deal... to me it's a no brain er.. check the first link out....

It is $275 if you click on the fine print. However, Turbo seems like a decent operation (I have spoken to them a few times) and are relatively physically close to BMS. They had on their youtube video/ads that these were going to be California certified. I confirmed this with the Bashan rep for North America that BMS was going to certify the CRP while the Bashan bikes were not. However, the other day, I called BMS directly, and the woman on the phone stated they were no longer going through certification. I am guessing that Turbo were planning on selling a boatload of bikes in California, so now that they are only going to move them via mail-order, they might give you some kind of incentive less than $275 to assemble them? Might be low enough to make it worthwhile??

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 05-04-2019, 01:52 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedooit View Post
Forgot to mention about the seat....seat concepts has a seat thru the CSC website, exclusive I think. I don't know what it will fit, but I think I read a post on this site, that someone bought one for a hawk, and modified just a bit. I have that book marked somewhere and cannot find.
The CSC TT250 and Hawk seat are identical. No mods required between the two. Without seeing the seat on the CRP it is hard to say the same, but considering many of these bikes share a lot of parts between them, it is possible.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 05-07-2019, 10:58 AM   #28

Quote:
I have that seat on Mrs. 2LZ TT250. Unless CSC changed how they sell it, it's only the foam and seat cover. You have to mangle your stock seat and use the pan. I tried recovering it myself and ended up taking it to an upholsterer. It was a DAMN EXPENSIVE seat by the time I was done with it. I ended up buying a stock seat last month because the low seat made my 6' fat a$$ so cramped in the saddle, I felt like the circus bear on the tricycle.
She NEVER rides the bike. I'd love to sell that low seat.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 05-08-2019, 09:03 AM   #29

The bms250crp has arrived. Looks like in good shipping condition. Crate wasn't damaged. It looks awesome in the crate! Will probably take me a week to put it together, between my regular day job. My wife was excited about her anniversary present!

Old 05-08-2019, 10:20 AM   #30

Quote:
The bms250crp has arrived. Looks like in good shipping condition. Crate wasn't damaged. It looks awesome in the crate! Will probably take me a week to put it together, between my regular day job. My wife was excited about her anniversary present!
Pics! We are sorely addicted to "shiny" here....

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350