Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2007, 08:40 PM   #1

Little upgrades

Put in iridium plug, Mobil 1 Vtwin synthetic oil, and nitrogen in tyres. Must say everything is smoooth.

Old 02-05-2007, 09:03 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to mdsuave13 Send a message via Yahoo to mdsuave13
i dont think an iridium plug would be a good idea for this bike, copper is a better conductor, granted it needs to be changed more, but for the price of that iridium plug, you could have gotten a few of the copper ones..

platinum, iridium, multi tipped spark plugs are gimmicks.

the platinum and iridium plugs are better suited for cars where the maintence schedule will not be followed at all, but seeing as it would take about 30 seconds to change plugs on these bikes, i'd say save the money and stick with copper champions.

just my .02... :roll:

Old 02-05-2007, 09:53 PM   #3

Nitrogen in the tires, hmm, never heard of that one before.. What are the benefits of nitro over air? I do agree with the Mobil 1 synth, I used the 20w-50 in my sportster and it did make a difference, for now i'm running Rotella 15w-40 just for the break-in, the temps in FLA can get pretty hot and I'd prefer to have a heavier oil and it runs great with it, once it's broken in I will switch to the Mobil 1.. As far as plugs go NGK DR8's are just fine, I don't need a plug that will last 6 times longer, for the price I'd rather just change it.. Let me know about the nitrogen though...

Old 02-05-2007, 10:22 PM   #4

Send a message via AIM to mdsuave13 Send a message via Yahoo to mdsuave13
nitrogen is supposedly not able to escape the tires thru the rubber like normal air, it also is supposed to keep a more even pressure not related to heat.....

i think its a little bit overkill on a chinese bike.. haha...

hey, if you can get stuff for cheap, or just want to try it out, go for it!

but i will use motorcycle mobil 1 and standard champion or ngk plugs and be happy

Old 02-05-2007, 10:29 PM   #5

Nitrogen is more stable than atmospheric air. Less changes in pressure due to temperature. The molecules are larger as well,which means the nitro wont slow leak nearly as much.

Iridium plugs are my choice. Easier starting, much much longer life, able to remain clean under varying fuel mixtures. No downside other than initial cost, and that actually makes regular plugs more expensive; $12 iridium will outlast $18 worth of regular plugs.

Synthetic oil, good as long as the bike is broken in, no oil leaks whatsoever, and the oil is wet clutch friendly.