Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2019, 04:31 PM   #121

Someone else posted the cluster wiring diagram to this site some time ago. I can not find it again. I'm just passing it along. But yeah, I want to find that post again and thank him because this solved a problem where 3 lit up on the cluster when I was in 4th and visa versa.

Old 06-18-2019, 04:10 AM   #122

I've had mine for 850 miles, engine bolt went missing, had to extract a few bolts (learned to avoid reusing green china bolts), my blinker relay gave out.

Some of the mods/improvements I've done:
-Mikuni knock off carb from Amazon, yet to mess with the jetting
-Custom exhaust pipe
-Down 1 tooth in the front sprocket
-Higher grade bolts used for the engine mounts, rear suspension mounts, axles
-Maxxis Knobby tires

I ride with Groms in my area every Tuesday, I love how cheap it is to completely change my Boom's performance and I enjoy wrenching on it. Hoping to throw on a cheap big bore kit and fixing a few lighting electrical issues.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6569.jpg (99.8 KB, 1683 views)

Old 06-18-2019, 04:14 PM   #123

Looks great PLYROWNER! Be cool to see how it turns out with big bore on it.

Old 07-30-2019, 10:27 AM   #124

Hit my 2000 miles mark. 2000 mile review, you say?

Overall I think it's been great. My initial investment was $400 so I started out ahead. The best thing about it is the size which gives me lane splitting winning abilities haha. Second, related maybe, is that it's agile, easy to ride and very forgiving when I make a mistake. It's simple to work on too, even for someone with lesser than mechanic knowledge as in a learning tool. I mean at worst if it breaks, you get to upgrade to a zs190. I'm not sure that's a bad thing!

The bads,..... Number one bad would be suspension. Rear shock bushing crapped out which made me upgrade to a z125 shock. Front shocks are terrible. I did some 20w awhile back and they were night and day difference but they still suck. Starting to think about finding shock upgrade. Other issues would be screws, bolts, nuts that fall out or break. This has been covered over and over but really annoying. Stock tires weren't so bad but my front has developed a significant unbalanced wheel hop at higher speeds. It isn't worn out but upgrading soon. I guess that's about it for high and low notes,....
2000 miles and it's running well on that Molkt carb.

Old 07-30-2019, 01:46 PM   #125

I had the same issue with rear shock bushing which made me upgrade ,but it was more than a little my fault most likely since i stunt and am really hard on drivetrain / suspension. I agree on the front suspension also, i too changed the forkoil which helped a lot and also added some preload adjusters i got from a friend in Japan but while a lot, lot better than stock it still aint nothin to brag on.,if i ever see a decent set of used Grom forks on Ebay i think i will buy em and put the $99 dollar springs in em and new oil and my preload adjusters and try that.

And yeah the "chinesium" bolts, screws, nuts are laughable but an easy and cheap fix

to upgrade em ,i don't mind that since i like working on the damn thing almost as muchas riding it lol.
2020 Orion RXB250L

Old 08-02-2019, 03:49 PM   #126

Im at just a little over 1k on my lil Ducati and haven't had any issues at all but I have upgraded most because I wanted to, I am however still on the original motor mount bolts believe it or not.
Protaper se x110 bars/grips
1/4 MotionPro throttle
Kepspeed Braced swingarm
Chimera rear hub assy
Grom Intergrated tail light
Superlite Sprockets 17/32
custom made from Japan
Chimera Swing Arm Bolt
RK MXZ Chain #420
All Balls wheel bearings
Motodynamic fender eliminator
Coremoto ss brake lines
Composimo 2.5 lower link
Grom Calipers-w/ebc pads/rotors
Michelin tire 140&120
13x4/13x7 fatties
Grom forks

Old 08-13-2019, 02:57 PM   #127

Time for inspection and this time,....see if I can get my Texas plates.

Inspection went ok. Clerk gave me a couple dubious looks this time around, but still did it.

Then,...off to Texas DMV,..a magical land of happy people and smiling faces,...yea right! That lady tried hard to shoot me down on my plates.

She gave me crap about it being Vermont plated and that I'm not a Vermont resident (I said that I'm trying to get it from Vermont, in my name, to be legal in Texas, in my name), Vermont Title not actually being a title (Vermont doesn't issue a title for under 300cc), no tax receipt that I paid Vermont tax to register it (I asked her how would I have a legal Vermont plate/registration if I didn't pay the tax for it), she said that I would have to pay the Texas tax (ok how much?), repreatedly grilled me on the make, model and size (Baodiao Jiangsu! 125cc haha. Maybe people in the waiting areas were laughing at me bellowing BAODIAO JIANGSU! lol), finally she actually called Vermont dmv to confirm (they did). She made me wait about an hour and a half. Finally she said that she would give me my plates.

BAM! Feeling good admiring my legal Texas plate.

Old 08-14-2019, 03:26 PM   #128

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoot newb View Post
Someone else posted the cluster wiring diagram to this site some time ago. I can not find it again. I'm just passing it along. But yeah, I want to find that post again and thank him because this solved a problem where 3 lit up on the cluster when I was in 4th and visa versa.
Talking about this post? This is what I posted up when I had to swap my cluster.

http://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=21374

Old 08-30-2019, 10:39 AM   #129

Wednesday the rain came down right a 5 oclock on the way home and got soaked. I'd previously put some heat shrink over my cable where it goes into the carb but I guess it had backed off.

The slide got water, grit in there and locked up again around 6000rpm. I clutched it home, running all the stop signs and passing people on the right, wrong side of the road etc cause I really didn't want to stop and push it.

Anways, oiled up the slide and blew it out with air and it's ok. This time I put heat shrink with tape over it. Hopefully that'll keep the water out. Was dong great until then. Was plowing through the water while cars had their blinkers on waiting for it to pass,....

Old 08-31-2019, 12:26 AM   #130

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlfpck View Post
Talking about this post? This is what I posted up when I had to swap my cluster.

http://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=21374
Yes that is the one!

Thanks it was very helpful. I've since gotten another new cluster and found it was easier for me to switch the wires on the gear indicator sensor and leave the cluster as is.

This do-hickey here.

Old 08-31-2019, 12:30 AM   #131

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrfxr67 View Post
Latest update,...lost my N light. Maybe try to figure it out
Oddly enough my N light is hit or miss now. It worked fine for a couple of days after installing the new sensor. I am going take a look maybe the screw that holds it in needs tightening. If not I got a couple more lying around. I ordered a bunch.

Old 09-05-2019, 10:19 AM   #132

Anyone have any thoughts on front forks swapping? I'm hating this suspension. Maybe early grom forks would swap, I dunno. My steering bearings crapped out too so I have to figure those notchy turd piles out also.

Old 09-05-2019, 06:08 PM   #133

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrfxr67 View Post
Anyone have any thoughts on front forks swapping? I'm hating this suspension. Maybe early grom forks would swap, I dunno. My steering bearings crapped out too so I have to figure those notchy turd piles out also.
Same.

Bump

Old 09-24-2019, 10:19 AM   #134

got m' forks in and some grom bearings. Hopefully these bearing fit or I'll be on the hunt for the right ones. Can't wait to get some time. unfortunately I'm right in the middle of,...

Old 09-26-2019, 10:10 AM   #135

Made some time last night to do the quick swap,...

I'm not crazy about that bright gold color. I prefer the black but . Was an easy swap out. I putted around in front of the house but couldn't tell much of a difference actually. Maybe out and about it'll be better.

This weekend tires which I think 'will' make a huge difference,....