Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2019, 03:19 PM   #16

Still haven't tested it after replacing the petcock.

Old 09-04-2019, 03:22 PM   #17

Also, I should probably clarify that I cut and re-ground the round, inside part of the idle screw, not the hex head.

Old 09-04-2019, 06:05 PM   #18

Were you able to use the stock throttle cable?

Any chance you could take a few more pictures of it installed? a couple top views, and a few side views would be very helpful.

Old 09-04-2019, 06:49 PM   #19

Ill try to get some more pics for ya. I was able to use the stock throttle cable, but I did have to remove the twist assembly and turn in the metal guide tube a few times because the outer adjustment was bottomed out and zero play in the throttle.

Also, would be smart to shave off the lip on the inside of the air intake tube where it attaches to the carb. This will shear off and get in the carb if you aren't careful and it's a real tight fit.

A little spit helps getting it on without damaging it.

This whole thing makes me wish I would have stripped the Dial-a-jet off of my Yamaha Blaster before I sold it......

Last edited by Madeaupollo; 09-04-2019 at 06:56 PM. Reason: scatterbrain

Old 09-07-2019, 12:31 PM   #20

So I have gotten it pretty well tuned to my liking. I'm sitting at a 148 main jet because I don't have a 145/146 yet, but I prefer it to be a bit richer for longevity purposes, so who knows where I'll end up. It pulls hard all the way through with a 144 main and needle in the 3rd clip position but my jet is too long and hits the bowl harder than I'd like it to. Also, still sounds and feels too lean to me at WOT with the 144. I have a 35 pilot at 1.5 turns out on the air screw, but I think it's a little rich.. Going to a try a 32 pilot at some point.

Also, I added a few more pics...it is pretty simple if you're willing to sit there and work around that B of a frame. Put the air tube through the slot by shock first and then attach it to the carb, then the carb to the manifold. Also, the screw top on the carb will hit the frame and a wire mount there when trying to install. Kind of a pita. I have only removed the air tube from the carb one time since first install. For jetting, I just drain it, unscrew intake boot, flip carb sideways and remove the bowl. I leave it in that pocket inside the frame. Sometimes the float pin falls out, but I'll fix that wagon soon enough.

Keep in mind the jetting is with all of the modifications I've done, though not many. I forgot to mention that I did grind the welds down on the inside of the pipe and probably removed 1/8" all the way around.

Hope this helps. Any other questions, just ask and I'll keep giving updates on this as I make changes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0038.jpg (94.9 KB, 380 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0036.jpg (90.8 KB, 373 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0034.jpg (83.6 KB, 345 views)

Old 09-07-2019, 12:34 PM   #21

I suggest anyone with this model order the plastic tank immediately or use some interior gas tank sealant on it. Mine has sprung a leak in 3 different places already. Seal-all kicks a$$ though for it. It's already starting to remind me of a the lampoons vacation dam scene with the gum......

Old 09-07-2019, 02:02 PM   #22

Thank you for the picutres, this is exactly what I needed to see. Very helpful!

Douglass

Old 09-14-2019, 10:50 PM   #23

You're welcome. I put the 40 pilot back in it today, which is what it came with and it runs smooth as butter at 2.5 turns out. Ill probably put the 38 or 39 in it because I think it'll start better that way. Still haven't gotten a 145/146 main yet, but I got it up to 116 km/h today with 200lbs on it and 15/39 gearing. Not too shabby!

Old 09-14-2019, 11:03 PM   #24

The pilot change may not make a lot of sense given my previous post, but it turns out I was lean on the pilot, not rich. Also does anyone know if there is a rubber O-ring in the air screw hole of these Nibbi PE30 carbs? My screw doesn't seem to the have quite the effect that it should. Im suspicious that there may be a swelled rubber O-ring in the carb that I'm not seeing. If anyone knows, that would be awesome.

Old 09-16-2019, 08:29 PM   #25

Another FYI: Vibration was turning my big fancy idle screw down all on it's own. Added a lock washer to the fancy side and she's good to go.

Old 09-16-2019, 08:44 PM   #26

I just keep thinking of things to add here. The rear mount on my tank broke at the bend this time. I just cut part of the shipping crate angled steel and drilled a hole in it and smoothed it all off. I cut a square of stadium seat cushion, sold at w mart, and super glued it to the "new bracket" with some HFT super glue and the other side to the tank, creating an isolator. Works great so far and removes a TON of the under seat vibration at high speed!(guess it's a personal choice ) They really should have used an isolator here in place of bolts or at least a rubber washer on each side.

Kinda surprised by the quality of the HFT super glue, though.
Had gel stuff for years and if anything, it gives super blue a bad name.

Last edited by Madeaupollo; 01-30-2020 at 05:14 PM.