Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2019, 06:07 PM   #16

You'll never get a 250 to keep up in 55, 60, 65, 70 zones with traffic even down hill in most cases. That means there is really no universal or touring bike on the Shenzhen market..

Most places it's a challenge to go long distances and not hit at least a 50MPH zone with decent grades..

Old 09-12-2019, 01:34 AM   #17

I forgot about that one! CFMoto, if I remember correctly, is selling ATVs here, but they're not importing bikes, probably because of emissions standards.

The 650 actually is a Kawasaki-licensed motor, used in the 650 Ninja and ER-6F. I think that they actually produce stuff for Kawasaki.

I guess technically Lonchin actually makes the BMW parallel twins, too, but I'm sure that they aren't making any sanctioned copies of those, particularly for export.

Old 09-12-2019, 01:13 PM   #18

CFMoto 650 is a sport bike and looks close to a Z1000. You can still get them in the US. If we're talking about non dual sports there is a 750 cruiser too out of Shenzhen that I've seen in the US.

Old 09-12-2019, 05:35 PM   #19

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrey View Post
culcune what ever happened to the CFMOTO CF650.
They had quality control issues, and maybe even a recall from what I remember. The sad thing is; they eventually fixed the bike AFTER they stopped bringing them to the US.

There is a member on mychinamoto who is an expat from somewhere in eastern Europe (maybe Poland?) living and working in China; I forget his name and it reminds me I need to stop in over there. He was ALWAYS bad mouthing Chinese bikes every time someone posted they were interested in one. I don't recall what bike left a 'bad taste' in his mouth, but it may have been an older CF Moto.

At any rate, he ended up with a new and improved CF Moto. It might have been given to him by the company (disclaimer). He fell in love with it, and raved about its quality. Believe me, he was no fan of any Chinabike, and the new found love for his new bike was very genuine. He even took the bike to eastern Europe (Poland?) from China, round trip! Very few issues, and they were minor.

Last time I recall him taking the bike for any distance (I believe it was the touring version) was a guy who winters coincidentally near Yuma in the Imperial Valley who took a trip to China. The expat helped him buy a cheap dual sport and register it, and the two of them rode for several thousand km's. The only issue with the CF was on a mountain road, around a bend, he came upon an accident where there was black ice (which caused the accident), and he laid the bike down thanks to the ice.

So, we never got to experience the 'fixed' bikes, and like the Xingyue 400 quadruplets, the few we have here wouldn't be worth buying unless CF Moto is able to obtain the parts to fix the issues, which might be a possibility since CF Moto is active as a brand thanks to their 4-wheelers.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 09-12-2019, 08:23 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrey View Post
mychinamoto is where I learned about CFMOTO CF650NK and how close it was to the Kawasaki ER6.
Do you remember the 'convert' to the CF?

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 09-12-2019, 09:51 PM   #21

There is a used sport bike shop close to Charlotte, NC that sometimes has plastic wrapped CF 650 on the floor so it's old stock or someone is still importing them..

The last time I was there they had a white and black one that looked like one of the newer Z1000 designs. It had to be at least 2016..

With QA stuff I'd actually buy one if it competed with the used market.. I can get a low-mile Z1000 $3,500 easy so it's probably not the case..