Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2019, 04:40 PM   #1

New top speed :)

Running 105/25 jets with the needle still 1 slot from the bottom and the new 17/44 we got 70mph on the way up to Missouri. The front tire was bouncing so bad I was too dang scared to see what else she had in her. I’d wager a $20 bill it will touch 75. I feel like if I took it down to naked with road tires etc that 75 wouldn’t be literally everything she had. Right now going over 68 is just too utterly frightening. I’m proud of her though. Yee ha!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg B0D93FCC-40D7-4290-8DC5-9C0DA2E0E11D.jpg (16.8 KB, 236 views)
Bashan Storm: Ebay steel exhaust wrapped, folding shift lever, seat mod, vm26 carb, air pod, dual led scrambler headlamps, windshield mod, led brake/tail light, secondary led brake light (swingarm), Ebay 295mm rear shock, back up CDI (racing unknown), oil cooler, digital gauge cluster,

Old 10-08-2019, 05:09 PM   #2

GPS reading, or what?

Old 10-08-2019, 06:07 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport Rider View Post
GPS reading, or what?

I use the Sambo cluster set as close as I could get to the iPhone which is 2mph higher than the bike which is 1mph below the school traffic sign so we’re definitely on the conservative side.
Bashan Storm: Ebay steel exhaust wrapped, folding shift lever, seat mod, vm26 carb, air pod, dual led scrambler headlamps, windshield mod, led brake/tail light, secondary led brake light (swingarm), Ebay 295mm rear shock, back up CDI (racing unknown), oil cooler, digital gauge cluster,

Old 10-08-2019, 06:51 PM   #4

Yeah mine can eeek out 68mph (indicated) on a straight a way if there is no headwind with my 17-50 tooth combination and Shinko 700 tires.

Old 10-08-2019, 06:57 PM   #5

Was the front bouncing because of the road surface? Normally a bouncy front wheel indicates an issue.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 10-08-2019, 07:17 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
Was the front bouncing because of the road surface? Normally a bouncy front wheel indicates an issue.
What issue? Mine been a with bouncy since a few days ago.

Old 10-08-2019, 07:56 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
My guess is a combo of the TCK80’s having 6,000 miles on them and the front wheel being a little out of true and never balanced. I’m on the front tire missing about 3/4 of a couple random knobs and about 1/2 of the others are paddled pretty weird. l’m sure I’m also running about 20/24 psi on the high end, I never remember to air back up after going OHV riding.

Best guess is the front tire.

Old 10-08-2019, 08:06 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sochin View Post
Yeah mine can eeek out 68mph (indicated) on a straight a way if there is no headwind with my 17-50 tooth combination and Shinko 700 tires.
I was stuck at 62mph premods then at 64 mph postmods this entire year. Narrowing down the correct jet and gear sizes was a real long process of elimination. I know when the Sambo says 60 the iPhone will read 62 and the sign on my street always reads 1 higher than the Sambo so the bike is as accurate as it’s ever going to get. The stock cluster would read up to 15 mph incorrect