Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Riding > Ride Suggestions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2019, 11:41 PM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by NzBrakelathes View Post
I’ll be there n I have some free gifts and a few products too if interested etc
Free is always good. Will see you there.

Old 11-02-2019, 11:53 PM   #77

Are we planning on taking a break half way thru or so? It might be a good idea so we could all have a break and get together and chit chat or whatever. I'm not a very experienced rider and I'm not sure how long I can ride for on the dirt.
4 degree advance key
290 degree cam
Nibbi PE30 and cone filter

Front fork brace

Old 11-03-2019, 02:28 AM   #78

Music, can you post an overlay of the route we'll be taking? That way everyone has an idea of which way we'll be going from the meetup site to Wickenburg.

I was struggling to get my wife's attention; I sat down on the couch and looked comfortable. That did the trick!

My wife says I only have two faults. I don't listen and something else...

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way I told you to...

The Stable:
2005 Yamaha V-Star 650 - SOLD
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up

Old 11-03-2019, 11:09 AM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_in_az View Post
Are we planning on taking a break half way thru or so? It might be a good idea so we could all have a break and get together and chit chat or whatever. I'm not a very experienced rider and I'm not sure how long I can ride for on the dirt.
its definitely not a race. Planned breaks we can do.

Old 11-03-2019, 11:14 AM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerikol View Post
Music, can you post an overlay of the route we'll be taking? That way everyone has an idea of which way we'll be going from the meetup site to Wickenburg.
I have the route on my GPS and will post some map pics before the ride here. I also have the gpx file for anyone that wants to download to a Garmin gps if they want. There is a little rural community with a bunch of right and left turns on the way and is easy take a wrong turn, but that wrong turn still takes you in the right direction so to speak.

Old 11-03-2019, 12:27 PM   #81

Google EARTH file

Here is the planned route file you can view in Google Earth
Attached Files
File Type: zip Nov9thWickenburg.zip (719 Bytes, 86 views)

Old 11-03-2019, 12:28 PM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musictrek View Post
The plan is to finish at the little car hop restaurant in Wickenburg.

Old 11-03-2019, 12:47 PM   #83

Base Camp gpx file

If you download Garmin's Basecamp you can view this file in the free software.
This is the gpx file.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Wickenburg Nov 9th.zip (8.8 KB, 74 views)

Old 11-04-2019, 06:50 PM   #84

Quote:
I'm not smart enough to be able to figure that out
4 degree advance key
290 degree cam

Front fork brace

Old 11-04-2019, 09:36 PM   #85

Bad-ish news; my son was gifted my father-in-law's pickup a couple years ago, a '97 Tacoma with extended cab. I was planning on taking that for the ride because I was also planning on bringing my youngest son as my older son works swing shift. When the truck was new, my father-in-law wanted to install what he felt would be the ultimate in alarms. The alarm box was hidden somewhere and the truck could not start without the FOB, and it always seemed to catch you off guard when it was working well. A coupe weeks ago, my son thought he lost the only FOB as there was only one since my father-in-law lost the backup one years ago. We felt it was time to get rid of the alarm once and for all. I tried finding it, and among the spaghetti of wires (he installed all kinds of external off-road lights--the kind long before the new trend of LED strips) could not figure it out. Well, even without pulling anything or cutting any wire, my son found the FOB, but the alarm is now a little crazy (I wondered if my father-in-law's alarm installer made it where if you touch a wire if will sabotage the alarm). The truck has to have the negative cable pulled, or else the alarm, very quiet for some odd reason now as opposed to its super-loud siren, will keep going. When my son drives it to work, he puts the cable back on the battery, a very subdued alarms starts to make noises, he holds the FOB button down and keeps pressing it (the FOB was broken and is taped up, so the plastic starts to threaten to break apart) and even with a subdued siren, when the red light illuminates on the FOB you can then start the truck up. My son has it down to a science--my fear is I would break the one and only FOB or something else and then the truck won't start. I will play with it this week to see if I can get comfortable getting the truck to start, but if not, I will take my Impreza instead. I won't be able to carry a bike, but I will still be able to carry stuff. Again, if I get comfortable with the truck, I will let you all know and will drive that. If not, I will drive my car, and will also let you all know. Cross your fingers...

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 11-05-2019, 02:51 AM   #86

I had something like that with a Corolla... To work on it, I disconnected the horn, and then, knowing that I might be required to spend a week or two on the wiring, disconnected everything that looked like it had been added to the car, and voila, the car worked perfectly fine! I was surprised and blessed, it ended up being really easy!

Old 11-05-2019, 09:53 AM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
Bad-ish news; my son was gifted my father-in-law's pickup a couple years ago, a '97 Tacoma with extended cab. I was planning on taking that for the ride because I was also planning on bringing my youngest son as my older son works swing shift. When the truck was new, my father-in-law wanted to install what he felt would be the ultimate in alarms. The alarm box was hidden somewhere and the truck could not start without the FOB, and it always seemed to catch you off guard when it was working well. A coupe weeks ago, my son thought he lost the only FOB as there was only one since my father-in-law lost the backup one years ago. We felt it was time to get rid of the alarm once and for all. I tried finding it, and among the spaghetti of wires (he installed all kinds of external off-road lights--the kind long before the new trend of LED strips) could not figure it out. Well, even without pulling anything or cutting any wire, my son found the FOB, but the alarm is now a little crazy (I wondered if my father-in-law's alarm installer made it where if you touch a wire if will sabotage the alarm). The truck has to have the negative cable pulled, or else the alarm, very quiet for some odd reason now as opposed to its super-loud siren, will keep going. When my son drives it to work, he puts the cable back on the battery, a very subdued alarms starts to make noises, he holds the FOB button down and keeps pressing it (the FOB was broken and is taped up, so the plastic starts to threaten to break apart) and even with a subdued siren, when the red light illuminates on the FOB you can then start the truck up. My son has it down to a science--my fear is I would break the one and only FOB or something else and then the truck won't start. I will play with it this week to see if I can get comfortable getting the truck to start, but if not, I will take my Impreza instead. I won't be able to carry a bike, but I will still be able to carry stuff. Again, if I get comfortable with the truck, I will let you all know and will drive that. If not, I will drive my car, and will also let you all know. Cross your fingers...
It does sound like a wiring nightmare to figure out. I trigged the alarm on the Brozz and completely forgot that I set it minutes before.

Old 11-05-2019, 10:59 PM   #88

Looks like the weather so far is going to hold out on the slightly warm side on the way back. It's still looking like some good riding weather. Hopefully this rain on Wed comes and goes out quickly.

Old 11-06-2019, 08:27 AM   #89

Quote:
Looks like the weather so far is going to hold out on the slightly warm side on the way back. It's still looking like some good riding weather. Hopefully this rain on Wed comes and goes out quickly.
I think the rain is happening more to the east, it sure smelled like rain when I left home this morning in north glendale
4 degree advance key
290 degree cam

Front fork brace

Old 11-07-2019, 09:27 AM   #90

I wish I could get some time off and go ride with you guys. Sure would like to meet all of you in person.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Tags
250, wickenburg