Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2019, 11:23 PM   #1

I different take on a Grom

I’ve seen a lot of mods done to Groms and Grom clones. Check this one out:

https://manofmany.com/rides/motorcyc...c5d8a-81391945

Enjoy the Ride!
-2016 Hawk 250 - Kitty Hawk - eBay exhaust, Mikuni carb(120 main/30 Pilot), airbox mod with K&N filter, digital cluster, total LEDs, 17/45 sprockets, RK chain, Shinko 244 tires, trunk, aftermarket levers, burrito tube, skid plate, Sargent Cycle Seat...
-2003 HD Sportster 100th Anniversary
-1999 Buell X-1 Lightning - Race kit, Buell Seat

Old 04-21-2019, 04:30 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbo7106 View Post

https://manofmany.com/rides/motorcyc...c5d8a-81391945

Enjoy the Ride!
DUDE!!! What!!!??? I love motorcycle sidecars and this one looks B*thcin!! I was sooo excited...and then I saw the price and realized I could buy a 110cc Trail 70 clone with a sidecar and maybe still have a couple hundred left over for the same price lol. That being said the awesome $1600 sidecar link you posted might be affordable for many people who either work a lot more and harder than I do and/or people who have multiple good incomes in their household (I prefer tons of free time, working from home and spending money wisely over making good money but being stuck at work a lot and hardly having time to really enjoy the money)

"Life's too short not to enjoy it-So's my China Bike!"-Me

Old 04-21-2019, 04:34 AM   #3

Quote:

2018 Hellcat- Didn't survive delivery

Enjoy the Ride!

Did you end up fixing or returning the Hellcat or just not using it? How'd whatever the end result was work out for ya?

Old 04-21-2019, 09:03 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaxwell View Post
Did you end up fixing or returning the Hellcat or just not using it? How'd whatever the end result was work out for ya?
The Hellcat has been a horror story. Currently, it is still sitting in its shipping container. I filed a claim with Familygokarts. I filed a claim with Saia, the transport company. I filed a dispute with my credit card company. I had a Chinese Motorcycle shop look at the Hellcat. They didn’t remove the bike from the shipping container. Just from the damage they saw, they said it would be a total loss. Plus, with the amount of force the bike took, they think the frame might be bent. They said the liability isn’t worth the cost.

So, what started out as a cool 50th birthday present to myself, has turned into a stressful, time absorbing, headache! I just want my money back and the headache gone.

I’ll post more updates as they happen.
-2016 Hawk 250 - Kitty Hawk - eBay exhaust, Mikuni carb(120 main/30 Pilot), airbox mod with K&N filter, digital cluster, total LEDs, 17/45 sprockets, RK chain, Shinko 244 tires, trunk, aftermarket levers, burrito tube, skid plate, Sargent Cycle Seat...
-2003 HD Sportster 100th Anniversary
-1999 Buell X-1 Lightning - Race kit, Buell Seat

Old 04-21-2019, 08:02 PM   #5

Quote:

So, what started out as a cool 50th birthday present to myself, has turned into a stressful, time absorbing, headache! I just want my money back and the headache gone.

I’ll post more updates as they happen.

wow Im sorry to hear that. Shipping companies need to care for these bikes better. The shipping frame around my bike took significant damage on one side as did the box. I was lucky the shipping frame bent and was right up against my exhaust but didnt damage it at all. Im sure I could have ended up with a disaster also, especially since my bike shipped form Cali to Connecticut--After shipping from China to God knows where maybe Cali or Canada is where Booms are imported I think.

I hope you are able to resolve that and get your money back

Old 11-13-2019, 02:10 PM   #6

Send a message via Yahoo to ikeus685
Irate

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaxwell View Post
wow Im sorry to hear that. Shipping companies need to care for these bikes better. The shipping frame around my bike took significant damage on one side as did the box. I was lucky the shipping frame bent and was right up against my exhaust but didnt damage it at all. Im sure I could have ended up with a disaster also, especially since my bike shipped form Cali to Connecticut--After shipping from China to God knows where maybe Cali or Canada is where Booms are imported I think.

I hope you are able to resolve that and get your money back
I had often picked up freight from and for these rapid shipping companies i.e. Conway, Ol Dominion Fed Ex etc. Its shocking to see the fork lift drivers zip around with out a bit of consideration to what they're handling. Like they get paid by the piece instead of hourly (union). I am guessing the shipping companies have a sliding scale. Speed and efficiency vs damage claims.