Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2019, 11:57 PM   #1

TaoTao T Force 125

Long time lurker here. Had been looking at the ATA125D for my daughter and maybe someday a Bull 200 for me. Interested in trail riding in AZ. Recently started looking at the T Force. Seems similar but slightly bigger then the 125D which would be good for her. Anyone have any experience with the T Force? Any reason to not get the T Force?

Thanks in advance.

Old 10-17-2019, 09:57 AM   #2

I don't know of any reason not to... I think the T-Force is also a 125cc branded atv, so given that, it's going to be the same engine as the ATA125. Looking on TaoTao's site and comparing the two,

TForce has 3.5" longer wheelbase, .7gal less fuel capacity, same engine -107cc, MUCH larger tires... 19x7-8 front and 18x9.5-8 rear... more suspension travel, seat is almost 3" higher and it has 2.5" more ground clearance. and weighs a good 30lbs more. It's just a bigger machine in all aspects except fuel tank and engine size.

ATA125D has 16" tires and is physically a touch smaller. Maybe the TFORCE is an upgraded version of the ATA125D... I'm not sure, they sure do look a lot alike.

Interestingly, my son's New Cheetah is labeled as 125cc... but the engines on the new cheetah's are actually 120cc in actual engine size.

I think if your daughter is still growing, and you occasionally may want to have a full size adult ride this quad, go for the TFORCE. It has almost 100lbs more carrying capacity than the ATA125D too.

Old 10-17-2019, 05:53 PM   #3

I agree with your points. That's where my head was also. Just found a local place that sells them and they had three in stock. Nice looking quads. Pretty sure I'm going to go with the T Force sooner than later.

Old 10-17-2019, 10:27 PM   #4

What oil and plug are you using in your Cheetah? Assuming I could use the same. I think I read 10w30 for oil.

Old 10-18-2019, 09:47 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SevereTrauma View Post
What oil and plug are you using in your Cheetah? Assuming I could use the same. I think I read 10w30 for oil.
I'm using 10w40, brand is whatever I have on hand. most often it's just Carquest branded stuff from the parts store... sometimes I have Wolf's Head on hand. This last oil change I used Supertech from Walmart.

I use 15w40 in my 150cc gy6 generic atv, so sometimes that goes in the Cheetah too. My kid runs it hard, through A LOT of dusty, sandy trails and he runs it with a lot of throttle too. So the 15w40 has been holding up great. Especially since he tends to shift F-N-R pretty aggressively, so I need something decent for the trans gears.

I haven't had any issues with the New Cheetah except that the tie rods used up front are/were cheap crap, as I stripped out the threads on one out in the trail. Amazon prime had me a replacement compatible part shipped "up north" in Michigan within 2 days.

Also had to re-tighten and locktite the chain/axle tension bolts in back. Well, had to re-tighten EVERY bolt, as I go through them about once every 10 hours. One of the wheel hub nuts was loose once, caused the wheel to wobble. I've also had issues with the factory wheel bolts staying torqued down. Might convert it to studs with wheel nuts next year.

Old 10-19-2019, 12:31 AM   #6

Loose boots definitely seem to be an issue. Saw some tie rods ends on whygostock. Might pick them up. Noticed on the Tao Tao site that they have a new TForce with a 120 engine. The place near me has both versions. $200 for the upgraded one with bigger engine and alloy rims.

Old 10-21-2019, 10:35 AM   #7

Quote:
Loose boots definitely seem to be an issue. Saw some tie rods ends on whygostock. Might pick them up. Noticed on the Tao Tao site that they have a new TForce with a 120 engine. The place near me has both versions. $200 for the upgraded one with bigger engine and alloy rims.
I do know that on the old Cheetah vs New Cheetah, they have a side-by-side of the differences, and they are numerous... worth AT LEAST +$200. Allow wheels, LED lighting, improved swing-arms, better tires, auto-chain tensioner, bigger engine of course.. just to name what I remember. Hugely improved.

If the T-FORCE has similar upgrades, easily decided, pay the $200 and get the newer one, if at all possible.

EDIT: I just checked Tao's website for the TFORCE, same as the Cheetah- all those upgrades, plus better suspension. Basically the same atv just different plastics and a few things, more utility style than racer.

Old 10-22-2019, 11:01 PM   #8

Definitely seems well worth the extra $200. If I pick it out I'll grab that if I let my daughter pick it she will pick the one that looks cooler ��

Old 11-16-2019, 06:47 PM   #9

Picked up a new TForce today. She loves it. They had an updated Cheetah also but decided on this one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20191116_142023273_HDR.jpg (96.8 KB, 778 views)

Old 11-16-2019, 11:11 PM   #10

Looks like she will have a lot of fun! I am confused with these ATVs; what is the weight limit? It states 132 pounds? Is this a kids' quad?

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 11-17-2019, 12:53 AM   #11

I'd say it's a kids quad, It's listed as age 10 and up. I fit on it but it's a little small for me.

Old 11-18-2019, 08:39 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
Looks like she will have a lot of fun! I am confused with these ATVs; what is the weight limit? It states 132 pounds? Is this a kids' quad?
Quote:
I'd say it's a kids quad, It's listed as age 10 and up. I fit on it but it's a little small for me.
They say that... but here's the thing, the shocks are so stiff from the factory that you can easily and safely put 200lbs on it. Honestly, when my kid's New Cheetah was.. well, new... I weight north of 230lbs and I rode it. The shorter wheelbase and crappy seat with not enough padding was more of an issue.

I'm now 165-175 and my son is 95lbs.. so things are different, but the quad handled it fine, tires did not blow, shocks did not burst their seals.

BUT, I would suggest putting different, upgraded shocks on it, front and back. There is so little suspension travel out of the box. $100 in shock upgrades with even just generic ebay units is a big improvement.

Since it's new, make sure that the center hub nut is tightened properly, and that the wheel bolts are snugged up good. We already had one wheel fly off (at low speed thankfully) and a lot of wheel hub play because it was not not assembled properly. Those bits like to loosen up.

Old 11-18-2019, 10:34 PM   #13

Checked the lugs at least one was loose. Just installed 2 inch rear spacers but didn't check center nut. Will take a look at those though. Thanks for the tip. Hopefully this weekend we will take it out to play in some dirt.

Old 11-19-2019, 08:18 AM   #14

Quote:
Checked the lugs at least one was loose. Just installed 2 inch rear spacers but didn't check center nut. Will take a look at those though. Thanks for the tip. Hopefully this weekend we will take it out to play in some dirt.
You/she will love it, these things are a riot, especially in mud and sand.

Proof of concept:

Old 11-27-2019, 09:24 PM   #15

That's awesome. We went out last weekend and she rode it for 2-3 hours. I took it for a spin a couple times and it was fun. Fun enough I ordered a Bull 200 today from the local dealer. Hoping it will be here by next weekend.