Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-27-2019, 07:32 PM   #1

Vader gen 2 en route

Hey all been reading the forums a while ordered a vader gen 2 and some parts if anyone has any other things I need to do let me know heres what I ordered.

Vader gen 2 paid $900
Mikuni VM22 carb kit $32
Mikuni main jet kit $10
428-17T front sprocket $9
428-116L chain and chain breaker $20
Fender eliminator kit $30
Random 4pc LED turn signal kit $20

I think im off to a good start, if the bike doesnt come with the hardened bolts welded to the shipping cage, I should take the stock engine bolts down to lowes and get Hardened bolts. Check and locktite all bolts. Carb jets are gonna be trial and error unless someone else here has tuned theirs at 2500ft elevation, I live at 2500 ft and will generally cruise around here and once comfortable will take further trips, the local mountain is 7000ft at the top so in the spring Ill ride up it.

Anyone else riding at about 240lbs? Haha im on a diet and exercise plan and losing but for now just curious how they feel to you being a bigger dude. I figure I might need to order a rear shock but we will see. Future plan on a ZS190 swap.

My only concern is sprocket and chain fitting, seen contradictory info on whether to use 420 sprocket/chain vs 428.

Thanks all, and btw if anyones around Boise Idaho, lets ride im not scared of cold weather.

Old 01-07-2020, 12:00 AM   #2

Hi friend, I'm at 240 pounds too, for now I put nothing more than 17 in the front because it is more comfortable to travel at less revolutions, although I am doing well at 45/50 by GPS since I adjusted my speedometer to dial the same as the GPS the motorcycle feels that it lacks some power but it is possible. She is happy in the 40/45 feeling nothing forced in the 6000/6500 RPM, I am also thinking about the exhaust pipe and see what changes it makes and if not, I already already carburetor but I am happy with its current MPG. we'll see

Old 01-07-2020, 10:11 PM   #3

The bike will run faster once the engine has broken in.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 01-07-2020, 10:51 PM   #4

I have barely passed the 300 miles, I do not know how much longer I will have to wait for its maximum, but I suppose it will not be much more, what I hope is that it will soften in engine since I notice it very thick, but I suppose the Carburetor is the culprit, I would be happy to go to 55 without noticing it so forced, more would be dangerous I would say.

Old 01-08-2020, 08:07 PM   #5

Have you checked or adjusted the valves? These bikes sometimes need an adjustment out of the box.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard