Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2007, 05:52 PM   #1

Anyone ride double?

Just wanted to know if anyone has had another person ride on the bike with them and how the bike feels with someone else on it also.

Old 02-07-2007, 07:04 PM   #2

That is a good question for those of us who don't have their bikes yet, I assume that it would haul 2, but I think it would be taxing on the bike.

Old 02-07-2007, 07:35 PM   #3

It should be more comfy than my SV650S, but my Wing has it beat. There should be adequate power for 50 mph two up easily enough.

Old 02-07-2007, 08:11 PM   #4

Just keep in mind most GY's have a 330 pound weight limit... My wife doesn't weigh 80 pounds... (you do the math)(and I'm not stupid enough to say what she weighs.. LOL)

Aaron

2008 Fly-Scooters La Vie
www.scootdawg.proboards59.com

Old 02-07-2007, 08:16 PM   #5

I've riden two up on my GY. Me (175lbs.) and my son (60lbs.). No problems at all.
Other than him hitting me in the back with the bill of his helmet everytime I went to stop.

Old 02-07-2007, 08:49 PM   #6

I tried it...

Well, I have a LF200 and I rode my girl on it. Im 160 she is 125 so thats close to the 300 mark. The engine did great, those 200ccs hauled us both 60+ mph very nicely. A week later though, I go to take off and suddently I loose all power, then get jerked real hard, almost thrown off the bike, and at the same time I hear metal bouncing off the road. I though I blew the engine, got off and said DAAAM. The rear sprocket ripped completely off, shreded the sprocket hub and was just dangling on the axle. The chain came off the sprocket and did the wraparound thing like a bicycle, almost threw me off the bike. When I look at the hub, all four mounting holes were torn out, so it seems like the thing just failed miserably. Im guessing that it was because of me putting all the weight on it, soft metal POS. Im waiting for the new hub now, still alittle worried about it though, dont want a repeat. I guess what I am trying to say is: the engine can take it, the rest of it, not so sure. Oh, and check your rear sprocket hub for stress fractures if you own a lifan, maybe locktite the bolts...

Old 02-07-2007, 09:51 PM   #7

Send a message via AIM to mdsuave13 Send a message via Yahoo to mdsuave13
wow, feel lucky that you didnt bite the big one.. im glad to hear you didnt get hurt, its very easy to do so...

2008 Kawasaki KLR650 Candy Lime Green

I am the official China bike registration Guru For the State of Maryland..... HA.

Old 02-07-2007, 10:40 PM   #8

Me and the ole lady rode a few times we were close to the max but the bike performed flawlessly. 60 MPH was easily accomplished and we covered 123 miles that day. So unless you are as big as a bus I wouldnt recommend doubles but if your ole lady is a match stick than I say go for it.