Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2020, 08:42 PM   #1

Orion RXB150XL delivered today!

That was fast! Ordered on the 17th.

No damage in the shipment. I thought the MCO would be in with the packaging, as I saw an un-assembled on a youtube that did. I contacted Orion to ask.

Drained the shipping oil, put new oil up to the middle of the window, put about 1/2 gal of 91 octane in. Started on the 3rd try.

Ran for a bit, until warm. Stopped, waited, checked the oil level, added a bit. I think what I had to add was what filled the oil cooler.

It won't settle to idle, so I think I will need to mess with the jets and needle position. I expected some adjustment since I am in Denver.

The one thing I don't like is having to pull in on the hand brake, while trying to slightly twist the throttle, and push the starter button.

What's the hand brake thing all about! It is stupid. I learned from a young age to pull in the clutch when starting...this leaves your hand free to twist the throttle a bit.

Does anyone know where I can jump out the hand brake switch?

Orion RXB 150XL

Old 02-24-2020, 09:29 PM   #2

Glad you got her running. We need some pics now.

Old 02-24-2020, 09:33 PM   #3

Glad to hear it arrived safely. I'm supposed to get mine tomarow I'm impressed how fast they ship there bikes out. I got mine fully assembled and adjusted to it should be ready for the most part when it gets here. What did orion say about the mco not being with the bike. I was hopeing to register my bike tomarow. The hand brake thing sounds annoying and will have to be remedy asap. Hope your enjoying the new bike.

2019 Lifan Xpect

2016 Harley Davidson Roadster

Old 02-24-2020, 10:48 PM   #4

Wishing I paid the $99 for break-in

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss27gogeta View Post
Glad to hear it arrived safely. I'm supposed to get mine tomarow I'm impressed how fast they ship there bikes out. I got mine fully assembled and adjusted to it should be ready for the most part when it gets here. What did orion say about the mco not being with the bike. I was hopeing to register my bike tomarow. The hand brake thing sounds annoying and will have to be remedy asap. Hope your enjoying the new bike.
ss27gogeta,

I think you will be glad you did the "pro-prep". I am going to have to do some messing to get it to idle and run right. Right now it runs as long as I keep the revs up, but stalls when I try to go to idle.

I adjusted the idle screw (which is weird because it doesn't have a spring on it like most carbs), but not noticing an effect. Probably because I need to adjust the needle and main jet.

Maybe I would have had the same issue if I had paid for the pro-prep. I have yet to check the plug gap or change to the NDK plug they provided.

I didn't get a reply on the MCO. I think you may have to fill out the form they have on-line under "Customer Support" to get it.

As far as the hand brake cut-off. I am working the brake and throttle with my right hand and the starter button with my left. Seems to work out OK for now, but still annoying.

Orion RXB 150XL

Old 02-25-2020, 04:51 AM   #5

Did you get the "Performance headwork"?
1991 Voyager XII

Old 02-25-2020, 05:28 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goob View Post
ss27gogeta,

I think you will be glad you did the "pro-prep". I am going to have to do some messing to get it to idle and run right. Right now it runs as long as I keep the revs up, but stalls when I try to go to idle.

I adjusted the idle screw (which is weird because it doesn't have a spring on it like most carbs), but not noticing an effect. Probably because I need to adjust the needle and main jet.

Maybe I would have had the same issue if I had paid for the pro-prep. I have yet to check the plug gap or change to the NDK plug they provided.

I didn't get a reply on the MCO. I think you may have to fill out the form they have on-line under "Customer Support" to get it.

As far as the hand brake cut-off. I am working the brake and throttle with my right hand and the starter button with my left. Seems to work out OK for now, but still annoying.
I would open up the carb and take a look at your pilot jet sounds like it's got some junk in it on its way over from china or it might be to small depending on your elevation. If it's reving fine your Maine jet sounds like it's clear.

That's the first thing I plan to do when I get it open the carb up. clean it and install a 115 main jet and possibly pilot jet depending on how it idles.

And I'm not sure the pro prep includes carb tuning i think all they do is adjust all cables spokes brake it in and change the oi but they might have since they had to brake it in. Did you order your bike assymbled or unassembled if assymbled how did it arive.

2019 Lifan Xpect

Old 02-25-2020, 07:16 AM   #7

No performance headwork...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJboughtamoto View Post
Did you get the "Performance headwork"?
No I didn't.

My use is to help my son who is a new rider, and bought a Honda XR250R, develop riding skills before he goes out and does himself serious harm on the trails or street.

Also, I felt I needed a tune-up on my skills in the dirt, as I think these skills translate well into street riding. I found that during my first 4 months on my TT250 commuting that having not ridden much for the past 30+ years diminished the skills I had built in the dirt during high school (late 70's) and college (thru the early 90's...yeah I took a long time in school!).

I think the stock 13.75hp and 158 lbs will be quick enough for us.

Plus...I wanted to get the bike as cheap as possible. That's why I skipped the break-in Pro service. Wish I would have done that tho, as it would be saving me some work I think.

Orion RXB 150XL

Old 02-25-2020, 07:23 AM   #8

Assembled bike arrived with no damage

Quote:
I would open up the carb and take a look at your pilot jet sounds like it's got some junk in it on its way over from china or it might be to small depending on your elevation. If it's reving fine your Maine jet sounds like it's clear.

That's the first thing I plan to do when I get it open the carb up. clean it and install a 115 main jet and possibly pilot jet depending on how it idles.

And I'm not sure the pro prep includes carb tuning i think all they do is adjust all cables spokes brake it in and change the oi but they might have since they had to brake it in. Did you order your bike assymbled or unassembled if assymbled how did it arive.
I bought it assembled. It arrived with no damage. I asked the delivery driver to wait until I got it mostly un-packed before he left to check it out for damage as Orion suggested. He had no problem since he was a biker and was interested in seeing it.

They had it bolted thru the foot pegs down thru a 2x4 screwed and nailed to the crate. The front and rear tires were supported with 2x4 on either side with at large zip tie holding them down. The front brake had a zip tie on it. It was wrapped in its broken down shipping box and then shrink wrapped over that.

Orion RXB 150XL

Old 02-25-2020, 09:03 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goob View Post
I bought it assembled. It arrived with no damage. I asked the delivery driver to wait until I got it mostly un-packed before he left to check it out for damage as Orion suggested. He had no problem since he was a biker and was interested in seeing it.

They had it bolted thru the foot pegs down thru a 2x4 screwed and nailed to the crate. The front and rear tires were supported with 2x4 on either side with at large zip tie holding them down. The front brake had a zip tie on it. It was wrapped in its broken down shipping box and then shrink wrapped over that.
Thanks i have heard some horror stories on already put together bikes being shipped. I was affraid all they did was toss it on a pallet and shrink wrap it a couple times witch makes it easaly damage able. Sounds like orion puts some time in to pacage these up right for shippment. I hope it's not raining when mine is deliverd so I can unpack it while the driver is still thete. but it supposed to rain most of the day stupid indiana weather its suposed to be almost 50 today and it wants to rain but when its frezzing it dont want to rain or snow and it's sunny out.

2019 Lifan Xpect

Old 02-25-2020, 10:15 AM   #10

Which state are you registering your bike in? I want to register one of these in Oregon but can't get any info if this can be done (Oregon may require a letter from the chinese manufacturer stating its EPA compliant. This is if the MCO isn't enough to prove its street legal).

I haven't heard of anyone plating one of these here so trying to find proof before I buy one haha.

Old 02-25-2020, 06:40 PM   #11

Colorado registration

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinTuna View Post
Which state are you registering your bike in? I want to register one of these in Oregon but can't get any info if this can be done (Oregon may require a letter from the chinese manufacturer stating its EPA compliant. This is if the MCO isn't enough to prove its street legal).

I haven't heard of anyone plating one of these here so trying to find proof before I buy one haha.
I am in Colorado. I think it will be OK as long as the MCO says "motorcycle" not "dirt bike", which Orion says it will.

Orion RXB 150XL

Old 02-25-2020, 07:51 PM   #12

I called orion today and they said you have to request an mco through there website. Whitch is kinda stupid especially if you ordered a street bike. your going to need the Mco to register the bike any whay. why not send it with the bike or already have it in the mail separate.

2019 Lifan Xpect

Old 02-25-2020, 08:11 PM   #13

Quote:
I called orion today and they said you have to request an mco through there website. Whitch is kinda stupid especially if you ordered a street bike. your going to need the Mco to register the bike any whay. why not send it with the bike or already have it in the mail separate.
most places confirm the delivery by you knowing the vin. quickest way they can be sure its not returned or damaged. but all the other orion 125 purchases had the mco on the bike unless they confused things on purchase day by attempting to get it done ahead of normal procedure time. or it can now be a new procedure. never know do we?

Old 02-25-2020, 08:28 PM   #14

Photos..this weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelbender6 View Post
Glad you got her running. We need some pics now.
I am going to take some photos this weekend.

Will document stripping it down a bit to:

* better route and secure wiring (which was hanging all over the place),
* find the damn relay used by the brakes to hold the starter out,
* remove carb to see what the main jet is and where the needle is set and change as needed,
* put in the NGK plug and gap it,
* adjust the rear shock and front forks, etc.
* adjust cables

Orion RXB 150XL