Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2020, 05:16 PM   #1

This weekends work on RXB150

Hello,

Finally got things really cleaned up in terms of wiring neatening and removing unnecessary stuff. Some of this is a repeat from a previous post...I forgot what I had said before!

One thing I really like about the design is the gas tank. One bolt and it is off. I was able to drain the tank without disconnecting the fuel line (and having to do it the slow way) by just turning it over and funneling it back into my gas can. Just wish it was more than 1.12 gallons!

1) Cut down the oil cooler mount to eliminate the bars sticking out for the plastics. I was going to make a new mounting setup with aluminum bar and save the bracket so the plastic could be put back on, but figured...Why?...I don't plan on selling this bike.

2) Found a good location for the horn mounted on the gas tank. Easy to take off if I want for the trail.

3) Fixed my concern about the starter hot wire touching the skid plate. I put a rubber isolator around the wire and then pulled out to make some distance and wire tied the wire to the small bracket that the carb bowl drain tube goes thru.

4) Got the carb figured out...need one size larger Pilot jet. But, I may just replace with a real VM26-606 from TboltUSA using an adaptor that allows a spigot carb. https://tboltusa.com/store/tbparts-m...606-p-742.html Much better carb.

5) Fixed the wiring mess under the headlight and correctly mounted the headlight by swapping the lower bracket around so the pins fit in the fender sockets.

6) In watching a TboltUSA video it seems there should be a rubber boot covering the coil. I'll look for something that will work.

7) Put a lock-washer under wing nut that holds the seat on. The wingnut already spun off on its own with the bike idling while I was working on the carb.

8) If parked on concrete when idling the bike likes to walk backward...so needed to put a chock behind the rear wheel. It is so light!

9) Couldn't find the relay or whatever is used to make you put a brake on when starting. I have gotten used to using the foot brake, so I guess I will live with this silly feature.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RXB-LEFT FULL.jpg (87.6 KB, 317 views)
File Type: jpg RXB-RIGHT FULL.jpg (91.0 KB, 302 views)
File Type: jpg RXB-CLOSE UP LEFT.jpg (95.3 KB, 292 views)
File Type: jpg RXB-RIGHT FRONT.jpg (95.3 KB, 293 views)
File Type: jpg RXB-LEFT FRONT.jpg (96.3 KB, 286 views)

Orion RXB 150XL

Last edited by Goob; 03-01-2020 at 05:52 PM.

Old 03-01-2020, 05:57 PM   #2

Puzzle...

Here's a puzzle. What did I miss putting back together in these photos?

Orion RXB 150XL

Old 03-02-2020, 08:31 AM   #3

That little bike looks great! That looks like it would be fun on the trails.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 03-02-2020, 11:06 AM   #4

Any estimates on top speed for the bike?

Old 03-02-2020, 11:20 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofqueenz View Post
I've gone 43 mph in 3rd at about half throttle. I have not been able to take it out past my little subberb area can only go so fast with the short streets. Still waiting on the mco so I can plate it. also carb is still not right yet my pilot jets should be in today. so the carb should be straightened out this evening.

2019 Lifan Xpect

2016 Harley Davidson Roadster

Old 03-02-2020, 03:12 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goob View Post
Here's a puzzle. What did I miss putting back together in these photos?
Fuel line

Old 03-02-2020, 04:52 PM   #7

Speed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofqueenz View Post
I have no idea yet. Have only shifted into 3rd on the streets around my neighborhood. We'll see once I get out to a bike park.

The knobbies really throw me off because I am used to my street tires on the TT250. Rumble, Rumble!

Orion RXB 150XL

Old 03-02-2020, 04:55 PM   #8

Trails!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 View Post
That little bike looks great! That looks like it would be fun on the trails.
Yes, I am looking forward to Rocky Mountain trails this summer. So nice because I can just throw it in the back of my old '87 Dodge Mini Ram Van (a panel Caravan).

It is so light I can lift it in without my Son's help!

I think I have figured out some locations for 1 liter fuel bottles..2 for sure and up to 4 if I go crazy. We'll see what the fuel mileage is like. Not like I will ride more than 100 or so miles in a day!

Orion RXB 150XL

Old 03-02-2020, 04:58 PM   #9

You got it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hancadam View Post
Fuel line
At this point I had finished messing with the carb, but I had already drained the tank, so I wasn't going to ride it anymore that day....and I forgot the line.

Orion RXB 150XL

Old 03-02-2020, 06:22 PM   #10

Quote:
At this point I had finished messing with the carb, but I had already drained the tank, so I wasn't going to ride it anymore that day....and I forgot the line.
I've done the same thing a few times 😂

Old 03-02-2020, 06:43 PM   #11

ss27gogeta..what size pilot jet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss27gogeta View Post
I've gone 43 mph in 3rd at about half throttle. I have not been able to take it out past my little subberb area can only go so fast with the short streets. Still waiting on the mco so I can plate it. also carb is still not right yet my pilot jets should be in today. so the carb should be straightened out this evening.
Hey,

Since we are doing the same thing...you are ahead of me. I had the carb apart, and cleaned the pilot, but didn't look at what size it was (I read somewhere probably a "20").

What was your stock one? What size larger (richer) are you going to? I see 20 is the middle, with 22.5 and 25 the next larger sizes. I think I will order both. Also ordering leaner mains just in case since my altitude. My stock one was 100.

By the way, I ordered an adjustable Pilot Jet Screw. Not sure if it will stick out too far to fit, but it was pretty cheap. I think it will work on this carb, as some of the ads showed it installed on it

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Orion RXB 150XL

Old 03-02-2020, 10:38 PM   #12

Quote:
Hey,

Since we are doing the same thing...you are ahead of me. I had the carb apart, and cleaned the pilot, but didn't look at what size it was (I read somewhere probably a "20").

What was your stock one? What size larger (richer) are you going to? I see 20 is the middle, with 22.5 and 25 the next larger sizes. I think I will order both. Also ordering leaner mains just in case since my altitude. My stock one was 100.

By the way, I ordered an adjustable Pilot Jet Screw. Not sure if it will stick out too far to fit, but it was pretty cheap. I think it will work on this carb, as some of the ads showed it installed on it

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I ended up putting a 115 main in and 25 on the pilot stock is 20 I'm wanting to make sure I'm not lean this time it ran ok the with a 110 main I think the 115 should be just right. And I've thought about getting one of them was just not sure witch one would work.

2019 Lifan Xpect

2016 Harley Davidson Roadster

Old 03-03-2020, 07:10 AM   #13

Thanks for your jet sizes and...we'll see on the screw

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss27gogeta View Post
I ended up putting a 115 main in and 25 on the pilot stock is 20 I'm wanting to make sure I'm not lean this time it ran ok the with a 110 main I think the 115 should be just right. And I've thought about getting one of them was just not sure witch one would work.
Yeah, it is a guessing game, but I looked at a ton of the photos of that screw adjuster and they all appeared to be the same. I will carefully compare the treads of the original and the new before attempting to install. Hopefully, it will be obvious. I'll let you know how it works out.

Not sure if I could do the "hardware test" on the threads by seeing if I can match up a nut. The type of threading used might not be what is commonly used for nuts.

Thing is...once you get the right Pilot Jet in there it probably won't have to be adjusted much anyway. So, if there is any question that the threads are wrong, then I will just skip it.

Orion RXB 150XL

Old 03-04-2020, 09:52 AM   #14

Ordered mine Monday, still waiting on shipping confirmation. It might take a minute to make it all the way up here to Maine. Glad to see all of your updates, will make it easier when I start getting into mine.

Old 03-04-2020, 10:09 AM   #15

stick with the same jets set in your kit for changing sizes, as the jets aren't too perfect anyways. meaning 110 jet from one generic clone seller vs another generic seller will be different on a minuscule level, but may be off enough to throw you off. unless you buy mismatched kits all from jets r us, those are the trusted-perfect specs. a couple more places i have read send perfect specs too, but jets r us has always made sense to me