Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2007, 10:09 PM   #16

-22 was that the low temp ??????? yooooo thats colder than.......... i wont complain much after seein that temp, wow could ya red star brothers from the south send us a little 50's, specialy to the guys from the real cold states, and the great white north, brrrr and i thought standin on lake Erie today was cold.

Culcune are the temps like that average all winter? after we have the twinns, the next winter, i am trying to talk the little woman into doing a southern states in 10 days ride on our bagger, FLA to Vegas and back to my truck and back to the snow in PA. but i never been out southwest and have no clue if it gets bad there in the winter.

someday i would like to do a ride like that on my china bike, but i bet my arse would be hurtin fer certin. that would have to be solo, or get her a china ds scoot also.

Old 02-06-2007, 10:15 PM   #17

Send a message via MSN to bfe71730 Send a message via Yahoo to bfe71730
This is the coldest winter we've had in about 3 years, we need it. Today was just right for a trail ride.........Hey here's another bumper sticker "I'd rather be riding my China Bike!" anything beats working on days like today.
1983 Honda ATC 200X
1974 Kawasaki KE100

Old 02-06-2007, 10:21 PM   #18

Rain, fog, high in the 40's. Kind of like much of the rest of the year here on the wet side of the Cascades.

Old 02-06-2007, 11:01 PM   #19

started out this morning wet/light rain for a little while, in the high 40's. by the afternoon it was 70. tomorrow shows the low as 53 and the high 78. guess i'm riding the bike to work tomorrow

Old 02-07-2007, 01:43 PM   #20

-26°C (-14°F)...... :(

Old 02-07-2007, 05:00 PM   #21

Pobiker, it is like this at this time of year. It was fairly cold in December and January, into the low 30's (F) at night, and only into the low to high 50's during the day. However, there is a constant breeze that seems to make the temps feel colder than the posted temps, and we have had some strong winds--with the winds come lots of dust/sand. Our temps will probably last in the high 70's the rest of this week, but will cool off a bit next week into the low 70's next week. I suggest to come in later February/March and into April. Once May hits, we climb to the 90's and 100's (F), and it only gets hotter into June/July/August/September, and low 100's into October. (Thinking back, I guess May is rideable, too, if you don't mind the 90's and 100's)

This year, as far as accomodations go, the motels/hotels were booked solid due to the National Guard (finally) watching the borders while the border fence is starting to get built, and the Guardsmen staying at the local places.

You also have to factor in the snowbird population, too. Traffic gets hectic (as far as Yuma goes, nothing like L.A.) and dangerous due to inattentive/elderly drivers in motorhomes and huge dually pickups.

The above is not to scare you, but keep in the back of your mind. Next year, this time, I might be in Vegas, but if I am still here, definitely get in touch with me (yes, get in touch with me in Vegas, too)

Catastrophix, I feel for you!! Maybe you and the two Hawaiians who recently joined the site can webcam each other? (Just a thought!!)

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 02-07-2007, 08:12 PM   #22

Culcune, gets pretty darned hot in the summer sounds like, and I understand the blue hair factor. FLA is the same way, me and a buddy took a month in 99 in FLA down to the keys, I can't even tell ya how many times we were almost grease spots on the road, I swear some of them get fixed on ya and drive directly at ya. Gotta always be on triple gaurd with the snow birds.

If we head that way I will definatly get in touch Culcune, that would be cool, either there or in Vegas, do ya like beer? And the same in return, If you ever come north, get in touch with me, I am an hour outta Pittsburgh, in fact any of "yinz guys" (you all) come to western PA drop me a line "n' at" (and so forth). I speak Pittsburgeeze LOL I enjoy all of you guys, motorcycle enthusiest's, not hard core "bikers" or s.q.u.i.d.'s or "I will only ride this brand this style", just good old fashioned people who enjoy bikes, any bikes, my hat is off to Frostbite and the Chinese factory workers who make this all possible.

I think we will be doing the bagger, I have a feeling the Mrs.ssss aint gonna wanna give up the comfort factor. When I asked her last night about tryin the China bike on a long trip, I thought she was gonna whack me with my brick hammer LOL I never claimed to be the sharpest tool in the shed. 6 to 8 hundred mile a day would kill us both on the China bike. I am thinking 300 would be tough, any one here done a long road trip yet on a 200cc? I will do a couple trips with my buddies, they will harass the hell outta me, but it is fun to aggitate grumpy bikers.

And CathastrophiX, cheer up warm weather will be here soon for us all, I do know how you feel, I enjoy time on the computer, but I would rather be on a bike. What month does your riding weather arrive, here we get a couple days in March, few more in April and from May on I will be back to 2 wheels. The China bike will extend my season for sure, gettin to old to be hittin ice patches on a dresser, and since babies are on the way, I can't play Mr. Invinceble any more

Old 02-07-2007, 10:54 PM   #23

[quote="pobiker"] I am thinking 300 would be tough, any one here done a long road trip yet on a 200cc? .

quote]

Pobiker, I am not sure where exactly it is, but Jet_Tech wrote about a 14 hour (you heard that correct) run on his Lifan GY-5 from Lousiana to somewhere in Florida. He was able to keep up with the traffic (due to the street gearing the GY-5 model is blessed with from stock; 17 t front/46 t rear). It gives us all hope of the capabilities of these bikes.

I am on the verge of ordering my new engine from Jetmoto (any day now!!) due to something happening to my old one (I am pretty sure it was me, but not positive). Before it went out, it kept stranding me, and finally went out for good. I just want to start over, and since I have a 44 t rear, and a 16 t front that I will install into the new engine, I could break in the engine without it screaming for mercy like it was with the stock gearing (possibly part of the reason for catastrophic failure).

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 02-07-2007, 11:36 PM   #24

quote]

I am on the verge of ordering my new engine from Jetmoto (any day now!!)

Wow thats awsome news Ive been wondering When it be your turn to talk about the days ride. Cant wait for you to roll again

Old 02-08-2007, 07:21 AM   #25

Quote:
any one here done a long road trip yet on a 200cc?
I did about 200 miles on mine. It was probably a good day before I could get the brick surgically removed from my buttocks.

"The beatings will continue until moral improves"

Old 02-08-2007, 03:36 PM   #26

VFRFlyer, I think my first big run will be up HWY 95 to Lake Havasu (no, not to see the girls on spring break 8O , but that would make the pain in the rear end more bearable ) I might get a little crazy and take my 7 year old son on the ride. Yes, there will be many stops, so I think it will make a 6 hour round trip run into a 12 hour run.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150