Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2020, 08:55 PM   #1

Wrecked Storm 250

whats up riders.So i got storm250 (first ever moto) i bought for cheap so i can break it and fix it for cheap when it does... Well i broke it lmao😂🤕 a ditch came out of nowhere and i rolled over the handlebars wish i had video. Bent the tripple tree and the neck flared kinda bad. wont hold the bearing right and the front end kinda twist with front brake. Now the question goes, would i be better off grinding and welding (new tube frame on the neck area) (but i dont know how to weld or nothing) or sourcing a new frame? new tripple tree of course. and i guess i can ask if anyone has a frame i can buy from a blown engine storm or something. Thanks ahead riders
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20200324_125711120.jpg (75.2 KB, 370 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20200324_124642176_HDR.jpg (89.8 KB, 375 views)

Old 04-03-2020, 10:06 PM   #2

Hope you’re ok!
I vote repair it. If the race seats are out of round bang the tube back to round with a form plug. Grind it back to round if need be and install new race seats.

You could also just part it out and just buy a new one but it’ll take a while to zero out on the parts to new purchase cost. And some parts won’t sell fast.
2018 Hawk P&P Decked .040 off the head. 17/43 D.I.D. 428, NGK Iridium plug, DeCat, Wrapped pipe, Custom S.S. Muffler core, Nibbi PE30 115/35, L.E.D. Lights, Digital Cluster, USB port, Cutting Bord skid plate, Oil cooler w/ custom CRF oil filter inline, 5Wt fork oil, Rear Shock, CNC Back Rack, 30mm FAT bars, Bark Busters, ProGrips, Adjustable levers, Shinko 700’s lots of Loctite!

Old 04-03-2020, 11:23 PM   #3

Aye anybody need some 2018 Bashan parts?

Old 04-04-2020, 12:20 PM   #4

i got my tbr7 knowing i would have to fix it and more importantly learn how to fix stuff that i had never done before.....and at the price of it ...lno problem if i screw up....

all about the Tao MotorsTBR7
http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=25553

Old 04-04-2020, 06:47 PM   #5

Glad you are ok and don't need fixin yourself.

Old 04-04-2020, 07:15 PM   #6

If it were me, I would try to source a new frame and triples. The problem with that approach will be cost, and not just in money, but time. Changing a frame means changing the VIN information, and that means dealing with the DMV and doing some paper work.

Cost wise, the frame probably won't run more than a couple hundred, but the shipping might cost almost the same. Between that and new triple clamps and potentially other parts you may need, you would likely be talking $500-600. Then you still have to swap every single part over on top of it which will take a solid couple of days to do. This would be the most inexpensive option when compared to buying a new bike, but also the most time consuming.

Considering what is left of your current bike that is still good, mainly motor, fuel tank, rear wheel, tires, etc. You might make back a little bit of money assuming you can get the parts sold.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 04-04-2020, 10:04 PM   #7

I would contact Peace Motorsports at www.brozz250.com to see about a frame and parts since they boast they have Bashan parts. Otherwise, contact Roketa www.roketa.com since they distribute the bike (but I bet they don't stock parts like Peace does).

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 04-06-2020, 07:36 PM   #8

You might find a cheap China dual sport with a good title that doesn't run. Let's say someone ran a bike out of oil or poked a hole in the case; that would be an excellent frame swap candidate. The last one I bought like that was $100.00 and I made more than that back by selling parts.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 03-26-2022, 12:14 AM   #9

Hmmmm i want to post here first. So life got in the way and i never actually was able to fix this bike. (built a truck then sold it, built a sr20 then sold it, and am currently restoring my dream truck) I would like to offer it up here before posting anywhere else.

Reviving the thread is probably not the best way to do this but i cannot internet very well hehe. i will post pics if im allowed but im moving states and am SELLING my bike. got one season out of it before i crashed it went everywhere in my town hehe, so alot of parts are still in great shape. would anyone take her for cheap? or should i just part it out to you guys?

Thanks to all the replies back then! my life was all over the place and the bike was always pushed to the backburner. Im in North texas, yall let me know. im glad this site is still going strong!

ok sorry for the long post.....

Old 03-26-2022, 02:28 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
I would contact Peace Motorsports at www.brozz250.com to see about a frame and parts since they boast they have Bashan parts. Otherwise, contact Roketa www.roketa.com since they distribute the bike (but I bet they don't stock parts like Peace does).
I’d agree with you on that front, but Jeff has been telling our side he’s got new bikes coming for going on a year now….. I get the whole pandemic thing, but damn…. No bikes for 11 months?? Maybe his parts stock is ok, maybe he is going to parts only? Who knows, but I wouldn’t rely on Peace as a solid source. I’m not bad mouthing He, it’s just what it is. My brother in law has be trying to get a bike from them since May 5, and all he’s told is that they are awaiting 2022 bikes……..

Everyone else seems to have stock replenished. Odd isn’t it?

Old 03-26-2022, 11:45 AM   #11

I wrote that 2 years ago, just as the pandemic hit and we were just starting lockdowns and masks. Peace was very active and even proactive, and Jeff was fairly active here on the forum. I am guessing Bashan was and still is having some issues as Peace's main line comes from Bashan? I did see that Bashan's lineup was EPA/DOT certified for 2022 with the 'usual suspect' models (Brozz 250, Motomax 250, Storm 250, BMS 250 CRP, BSR 250)and a few new models listed (PRS 250, Rambler 250, RXE 250, RSF 250, and Trax 250). That doesn't mean we will see ALL these new models, if any.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard