Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2020, 12:02 PM   #1

motomax 250 or DB-47-250

hi all

I've been lurking on china bikes off and on for a few years but i'm finally coming to a place to pull the trigger on getting one of these machines. i'm leaning towards a motomax 250 from peace sports, but i'm curious if there is a comparison to the DB-47-250. video would be sweet but i'll take what i can get right now

Old 04-18-2020, 07:54 PM   #2

Both are the same manufacturer and I believe they use the same engine. It depends on what kind of style you prefer is one consideration. Another is assembly. The Motomax comes 95% assembled, whereas the '47' will need more assembly. Price, too. The 47 is new, old stock (2018 model, I believe), whereas the Motomax is new(er). I doubt you could go wrong with either. There are a few Motomax videos, yet one to no more on the 47, so highly doubt there is a comparison video.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 04-18-2020, 08:09 PM   #3

I just keep the comparison simple.

Motomax = enduro
DB-47 = ADV

At the end of the day it won't make much of a difference. I would say that if you plan on using more off road, the motomax is going to be the better bet with its spoked wheels. Hitting a cast wheel against a rock = bad day.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 04-19-2020, 04:45 PM   #4

Dealer

I am not sure what dealer you are looking at for the DB-47, but Jeff at Peace Industries is great. I bought a 2018 Brozz 250 from him. The transaction was flawless, shipping was quick and the signed MSO and invoice were in the crate wit the bike.

Old 04-21-2020, 08:38 PM   #5

thanks for the input everyone. it seems Peace sports has a really solid reputation so I'm likely going that way. i'm getting excited��

Old 04-21-2020, 09:46 PM   #6

I just purchased a DB-47. If you go that route, tip for headlight assembly is to reroute the main harness under the housing. Its running up the middle and hits the headlight. Fought with it for hours before figuring it out and couldn't find any tips to make it easier.