Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-16-2020, 02:45 PM   #1

Purchase Journey - txpowersports - Apollo DB 36 Deluxe

I just clicked the button on an Apollo DB 36 Deluxe From Txpowersports.com.

Ill keep you all informed on the progress/experience.

I appreciate everyone elses feedback, so Ill contribute my own as I can.

Ill be sure to provide pics

Old 04-16-2020, 02:48 PM   #2

Congrats on the new bike!
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 04-19-2020, 11:36 AM   #3

So far.....no so good.

Even with the multiple threads on here to avoid the 'Mannys', I might have made a poor decision with who to purchase from. I didnt catch the 'manny' threads until my email came back from 'Manny' and I thought to search. :(

Hopefully I can post a 'turnaround' update.......if I ever hear from them....

Old 04-21-2020, 11:36 AM   #4

To their credit, they did respond to me over the weekend during their 'off hours', but it was the same information again. Not necessarily helpful, but I respect the fact that I got a response.

I have a tracking number and will post an update in the next couple of days on the condition of the bike/shipping/etc.

Hopefully there is minimal issue with any damages/parts/etc.

For whatever reason, I do not have an easy feeling - perhaps Ive read too much after the fact, lol.

Old 05-05-2020, 12:10 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beast250 View Post
To their credit, they did respond to me over the weekend during their 'off hours', but it was the same information again. Not necessarily helpful, but I respect the fact that I got a response.

I have a tracking number and will post an update in the next couple of days on the condition of the bike/shipping/etc.

Hopefully there is minimal issue with any damages/parts/etc.

For whatever reason, I do not have an easy feeling - perhaps Ive read too much after the fact, lol.
Manny (real name? Not sure... doesn't matter) actually called me in person the day after I placed my order for a new Hawk 250. Website showed in stock that morning, but other retailers stock went into "pre-order" .. so I presumed the 2019's were running out or it was an importing supply issue.

Anywho, he called me to say that the bike was sadly not in stock, and that he could ship me a TBR7 and refund the price difference, or we can wait about 3-4 weeks for new stock Hawks to show up and he'd ship it expedited.

Manny was very friendly, didn't rush me off of the call, and seemed genuine and helpful. Seemed. So we shall see. another 2 weeks or so will tell.

Old 05-05-2020, 01:18 PM   #6

Overall my experience was as expected from what Ive read - in both a positive and a negative way.

MegaDan/JerryHawk have given the comment before and Ill say it again here: every dealer is going to have its bad experiences and its good ones. Research first. Protect yourself with your payment method (e.g. CC rather than transfer).

The experience with the customer service was, in my opinion, lackluster. I feel they could have been much more communicative about the process.

The delivery was relatively uneventful - standard birthmarks in a couple locations where the shipping container rubbed or it came dismounted. Although it all works/worked mechanically once assembled.

Would I use this company again - maybe. I recognize some of my apprehension is based on the comments Ive read here. The item that makes me reconsider is their lack of contact/direction on what is happening with the process.

The last thing Ill mention is the contradiction on thier website - on the Warranty page, it says to refuse the delivery if it comes damaged. On the Terms of Service page it says you cannot refuse the delivery. If I was in the situation that the bike was not acceptable for delivery, I feel that could have caused me a large issue.

Once again, overall I dont feel it was overly positive or overly negative with my experience. Research and protect yourself.

Pics inbound in Pics/Vids Section.

Old 05-05-2020, 01:45 PM   #7

So I gotthe Hawk 250 also..It arrives but among other issues it maxes out at 50 to 55 and they say if
t is a four speed..