Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2020, 01:03 PM   #1

New TBR7 came in!

Hey guys!

New to the forum here. My TBR7 just came in and very excited! This will be my very first bike I've owned!

After putting it together and getting her started, she idles really high. Feels likes 4k rpm high. A bit worried that I'll be damaging my motor on the next start up.

Any suggestions as to what it may be? I am completely new to bikes but do most of the work on my vehicles maintenance.

I'll go over the boots again and check any cables. I've heard of cables being stuck so I'll check for that again but it feels my my throttle works just fine. Could possibly be that it's stuck at 50% throttle? (feels like it)

Thanks again guys!

Old 04-26-2020, 01:18 PM   #2

Welcome to the forum Cheez.... you sound just like me, my TBR7 was my first ever bike, but I'm good with a wrench on 4 wheel vehicles.

Start with the easy stuff like:

-your choke lever - up is full choke, mid is mid choke, down is no choke

-your idle screw on your carb, its very accessible

In the end I got a portable lawnmower tach to get the bike dialed into the right RPMs, its hard to do it by ear as a noobie.

Old 05-02-2020, 07:14 PM   #3

kingofqueens,

Thanks for the warm welcome!

After fiddling around with some things and checking out the entirety of the bike, the solution was to get some PJ cable lube and lube up all the cables. They had just seemed to be stuck and everything is working great now.

My only thing now with the bike is that, there is a lot of chattering coming from the cylinder/head area. It's got about 30 miles on her now but wondering if all that chatter is normal? I know this will get better after it's broken in but it seriously sounds like a bent rod in there.

Old 05-02-2020, 07:17 PM   #4

so things I've done so far to the bike:

-Oil Change

-Lube cables
-Fork Oil
-Brake Fluid Flush

New carb and jet kit will be coming in soon as well as need to loosen the chain a bit. Gotta look up how to do that next but moving forward, anything I should go over that comes to mind with these bikes?

Old 05-02-2020, 07:36 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheezBoi View Post
so things I've done so far to the bike:

-Oil Change

-Lube cables
-Fork Oil
-Brake Fluid Flush

New carb and jet kit will be coming in soon as well as need to loosen the chain a bit. Gotta look up how to do that next but moving forward, anything I should go over that comes to mind with these bikes?
The intake side of these bikes are OK, once you've got the jet kit and removed the tamperproof screws. The exhaust is quite restrictive, so you can either remove the cat or swap for a crf230f pipe which flows and sounds better. From there you can move to porting the exhaust and decking the head for more compression
4 degree advance key
290 degree cam
Nibbi PE30 and cone filter

Front fork brace

Old 05-02-2020, 10:57 PM   #6

Who did you order it from?

Old 05-03-2020, 02:48 AM   #7

Hi cheez, if your hearing noise from the head area it might be your valves. First thing to do is check for anything obvious that you might see or hear in that area that could be making that noise. (Anything loose, or rattling?) If not than almost all of the tbr7,HAWK, BROZ, or pretty much all bikes on here need there valves adjusted. Most times they come adjusted to tight!. When they are too loose they make a clatter noise like you mention. There are utube videos that you can watch. One such is a guy named MOTTOCHEEZ. he and other vids will walk you through it. It's not that difficult to do. If you're going to do it I would start there, any questions just post on here, that's what we're here to help with. Welcome to the club, your not alone 😁
Christopher

Old 05-03-2020, 08:08 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA View Post
Who did you order it from?

I ordered from TX Powersports since they were one of the cheaper ones on the internet.

Apparently after further reading, they have quite a bad rep to them so I lucked out and my whole process went pretty smoothly. Aside from them forgetting to send the NGK plug and trickle charger, but that was sent to me without question.

All in all, from TX powersports, I paid $1,375 for expedited title as well.

Old 05-03-2020, 08:11 PM   #9

Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captcj68chris@aol. View Post
Hi cheez, if your hearing noise from the head area it might be your valves. First thing to do is check for anything obvious that you might see or hear in that area that could be making that noise. (Anything loose, or rattling?) If not than almost all of the tbr7,HAWK, BROZ, or pretty much all bikes on here need there valves adjusted. Most times they come adjusted to tight!. When they are too loose they make a clatter noise like you mention. There are utube videos that you can watch. One such is a guy named MOTTOCHEEZ. he and other vids will walk you through it. It's not that difficult to do. If you're going to do it I would start there, any questions just post on here, that's what we're here to help with. Welcome to the club, your not alone 😁
Christopher

Cap,

Thanks for the warm welcome. I will have to order some valve shims and tackle that project come very soon as it's very bothersome to ride around as the noise can get real old, real quick.

I will look up some videos and check out mottocheez.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Tags
taotao, tbr-7