Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2020, 11:33 PM   #1

Looking for reliable seller

Been watching a lot of videos about China bikes and very quickly wanted one for myself. Grew up riding dirt bikes, it’s been probably 10 years since I’ve drove one. First I discovered the hawk250 but found out it I can’t get it registered in NJ. With more research I discovered the Apollo DB36 250cc which I can get registered in NJ. I was just wondering what websites are the best to go through. I’ve read good things about Belmont Bikes and Orion Powersports, just wondering if anyone else has had good/bad experiences with these sellers or if there is a better one out there.

Any information is very much appreciated.

Old 05-15-2020, 12:24 AM   #2

I have heard good things about both places. Orion ships the bike assembled, which may or may not be a good thing (some prefer putting their own bike together). I would probably go that route, with Orion. But I have never read anything really bad about either, and that is a good thing in the Chinabike world!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 05-15-2020, 03:03 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadedpw View Post
With more research I discovered the Apollo DB36 250cc which I can get registered in NJ. I was just wondering what websites are the best to go through. I’ve read good things about Belmont Bikes and Orion Powersports
If you're going to order that bike from Orion, you'd better hurry-- they show only one left in stock.

I want to buy a DB X-18 from them, but it's out of stock (like almost every dirt bike is on their website). I tried to call today but the recording said that due to reduced staff they're not taking phone calls. Instead, you're supposed to email them and it might take a few days to get a response.

Has anyone communicated with Orion and have any idea when they might have Apollos back in stock?

Old 05-15-2020, 05:50 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Rogers View Post
If you're going to order that bike from Orion, you'd better hurry-- they show only one left in stock.

I want to buy a DB X-18 from them, but it's out of stock (like almost every dirt bike is on their website). I tried to call today but the recording said that due to reduced staff they're not taking phone calls. Instead, you're supposed to email them and it might take a few days to get a response.

Has anyone communicated with Orion and have any idea when they might have Apollos back in stock?
I called out to Q9 about taotao tbr7 and they said they should be back in stock early June. Everything else I’ve read on chinariders seems like tao won’t be around until the end of summer. I definitely am going to keep following up about the Tao but I am hesitant to preorder so I’m not out the money if it takes a while.

Old 05-15-2020, 09:51 PM   #5

Quote:

I want to buy a DB X-18 from them, but it's out of stock (like almost every dirt bike is on their website).
Kronik Racing out of Simi Valley, California is in good with Apollo's hq (also out of the greater L.A. metropolitan area) and the owner told me he has 3 or 4 X-4 dirtbike and 3 or 4 X-5 dirtbikes in stock. I asked about the X-18 and he told me he should be getting them in a week and a half. Again, Pete is in good with the Apollo dealer rep, not to mention he bought the remaining X-4 and X-5 pitbikes putting him in good graces with Apollo, so that is how he should be getting hold of X-18s. Call him to let him know you are interested in one. https://www.kronikracing.com/Apollo-...kes_c_102.html

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 05-16-2020, 12:08 PM   #6

i ended up going through Q9 and a Taotao TBR7, I am going to make another thread about by experience with them, as it was just a pre-order, they will not be getting the bikes in until early June.

Old 05-16-2020, 03:03 PM   #7

Orion

Quote:
Been watching a lot of videos about China bikes and very quickly wanted one for myself. Grew up riding dirt bikes, it’s been probably 10 years since I’ve drove one. First I discovered the hawk250 but found out it I can’t get it registered in NJ. With more research I discovered the Apollo DB36 250cc which I can get registered in NJ. I was just wondering what websites are the best to go through. I’ve read good things about Belmont Bikes and Orion Powersports, just wondering if anyone else has had good/bad experiences with these sellers or if there is a better one out there.

Any information is very much appreciated.
Bought from Orion, it took 10 days to 12 days to arrive due to New Years. Then received Mco and it was not signed or stating mileage. Not bad experience but paid for "Rush MCO processing then received it blank. Then took additional 15 days to get MCO notarized and mileage written on it. Can't entirely blame them, I should have researched Florida DMV requirements before hand.

Old 05-16-2020, 04:40 PM   #8

Quote:
i ended up going through Q9 and a Taotao TBR7, I am going to make another thread about by experience with them, as it was just a pre-order, they will not be getting the bikes in until early June.
Great that you got an order in! You know that last db36 I mentioned at Orion? After spending most of the day shopping around and thinking about it, I ended up buying it myself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
Kronik Racing out of Simi Valley, California is in good with Apollo's hq (also out of the greater L.A. metropolitan area) and the owner told me he has 3 or 4 X-4 dirtbike and 3 or 4 X-5 dirtbikes in stock. I asked about the X-18 and he told me he should be getting them in a week and a half. Again, Pete is in good with the Apollo dealer rep, not to mention he bought the remaining X-4 and X-5 pitbikes putting him in good graces with Apollo, so that is how he should be getting hold of X-18s. Call him to let him know you are interested in one. https://www.kronikracing.com/Apollo-...kes_c_102.html
Thanks for the info, culcune. but as I mentioned above, I decided to go with a 250.

Old 05-17-2020, 12:52 AM   #9

Quote:

Great that you got an order in! You know that last db36 I mentioned at Orion? After spending most of the day shopping around and thinking about it, I ended up buying it myself!

Thanks for the info, culcune. but as I mentioned above, I decided to go with a 250.
Pete is known for minis, but pretty much any bike available through any distributor that he deals with, he can get. He is just a little stubborn in my opinion and does not expand his website to show larger displacement bikes. For instance, he shows the Lifan KPMini on his site, but can get the full-size Lifans. Same with the Apollos. Of interest to California buyers is evidently, according to the EPA/DOT certification list for so-called 'on highway' motorcycles, the Apollo '36' street legal dual-sport (the one you just ordered) which used to be 49 state certified just obtained 50 state certification including California. Pete will confirm this on Monday with the dealer rep he deals with for Apollo.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 05-17-2020, 10:19 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
... Of interest to California buyers is evidently, according to the EPA/DOT certification list for so-called 'on highway' motorcycles, the Apollo '36' street legal dual-sport (the one you just ordered) which used to be 49 state certified just obtained 50 state certification including California.

Interesting info, culcune. Thanks. However, I don't think the db36 is a street legal dual sport (I believe it's just a dirt bike), and Orion lists it as California CARB legal. Here's the one I bought:

https://www.orionpowersports.com/las...embled-tested/

Old 05-17-2020, 02:37 PM   #11

Quote:

They told me a week or so ago that they are starting pre-orders on some bikes starting end of may, with stuff shipping in the first week or so of June.
I asked about the dbx18 actually and he said 4-6 weeks for that one and this was on May 1st.

Old 05-17-2020, 03:40 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikePit View Post
I asked about the dbx18 actually and he said 4-6 weeks for that one and this was on May 1st.
Thanks for that info. Hope they're able to get up and running soon. This virus has been so unfortunate for so many...

Tags
#apollo250, #reliable, #seller