Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2020, 08:14 AM   #16

To support Dan's point on TENS Units....

After 20+ years of sports and weightlifting... I will NEVER be without a TENS Unit.

There are tons of them on Amazon, however some of them are pure crap.

Google "Compass Health - DT6030 TopTENS " solid little $40 unit that will last - for whatever reason it is not on Amazon, but can purchased elsewhere.

Heal up brotha!

Old 06-29-2020, 10:10 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofqueenz View Post
To support Dan's point on TENS Units....

After 20+ years of sports and weightlifting... I will NEVER be without a TENS Unit.

There are tons of them on Amazon, however some of them are pure crap.

Google "Compass Health - DT6030 TopTENS " solid little $40 unit that will last - for whatever reason it is not on Amazon, but can purchased elsewhere.

Heal up brotha!
Thanks K-O-Q's, I'm gonna call the local ( or what passes for local when you live in the sticks ) drug store chains and try to find one.

Old 06-29-2020, 07:12 PM   #18

Tens units are cheap. Under $30 on the Amazon. I’ve had one for years.
2022 GPX FSE 450R

Old 06-29-2020, 09:02 PM   #19

alternate ice pak, then heat. I use frozen gel packs until my back is numb to the touch, wait a few mins then a warm pack. also anti inflammatory meds. I use motrin. I also tried a topical cbd cream for pain which seemed to help.YMMV when my back goes out, Im an invalid for the first few days. I takes me 2 weeks to recover.
20 Brozz 250 Recon
21 Honda Africa Twin
21 Ice Bear Champion 125
22 GPX FSE 450R

Old 06-30-2020, 09:23 AM   #20

I thank you guys for the tens suggestion, I didn't even know you could get one without a script. I bought 2, the first place I went didn't have the one with better reviews even though it showed instock on their site. I had trouble getting out of the car at both drug stores because of pain but I think there is improvement this morning. I had messaged the P.A. sunday night letting them know I had quit the pain pills because of sluggishness and the pain was worse instead of better and the response I got was to follow original instructions for a few more days so I am. took a pain pill at about 7pm and turned on a podcast and asleep by 8, alarm went off at 5 and I felt ok but since I had told the boss's not to look for me this week I turned it off and slept another hour and a half, don't have the sluggish hung over feeling I had the first time. I used the tens 30 minutes yesterday when I got home then 15 minutes some hours later and then 30 more minutes just before bed. I took my meds when I got up and did 30 mins on the tens. I have been trying to do the exercises they gave me but couldn't do them all but I think I will be able to today and I feel like it is due to the tens unit so thanks to you all for that information.