Shinko SR241 ?

Yes.

Rear:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Front:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Old 08-10-2020, 01:34 PM   #3

Boomcat Carb replacement

Hello I recently purchased a boom a few months ago and did a cafe racer rebuild on my bike. After replacing the muffler and air filter I knew I would need to re-jet the carburetor.

The PZ20 that came originally on the bike wasn’t able to tune properly.

So after finding this thread I saw someone bought a new carb but doesn’t say what specific carb they bought or if they had to re-jet it as well.

I found myself buying a Mikuni Vm22 copy from amazon with 48mm bolt spacing. I knew I was going to need to re-jet this carb as well and thought I would have better luck finding jet kits for.

After opening and researching the jets that it came with, I found it has a Mikuni 95 main jet and a Keihin 38 pilot jet. I bolted it on just to see what would happen. It starts fine while on choke but when you take choke off it’s RPMs skyrocket and stay extremely high. I tried adjusting the air screw but nothing changes.

It able to ride smoothly and goes through all gears as if normal but choke is on.

I was hoping someone here would be able to give advice for my issues. Thank you

here is the link to the carb i bought, i have also attached pictures to show.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0176TACDC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Old 08-10-2020, 01:55 PM   #4

IMG_0539 by Joel Mcdonnell, on Flickr
9FCEEA79-06CB-4FAA-84DE-B5EF96D60E1A_1_105_c by Joel Mcdonnell, on Flickr1FD77B34-A4AB-4DF9-8FF5-145241A38544_1_105_c by Joel Mcdonnell, on Flickr

Old 06-10-2022, 08:01 AM   #5

cafe racer seat and handle bars

Hi!,

I just bought a boomcat with all the main upgrades people have been doing but I would like to upgrade the seat to a nicer looking one. what website did you use to buy yours? which bike did you use to order the part? CL70? S90?

Thanks so much!

Old 06-12-2022, 11:37 PM   #6

Cafe racer seat

Hi, I had my BD 125 cafe bike for about a month, and love it so far. I’m looking into changing the seat to a more retro brown look. My first attempt was not perfect, probably due to the gas tank being off set from the center. Anyone change their seat with good results? Looking for suggestions on where to get one without too many modifications.
Thank you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg F27D284D-19F4-4361-942F-1E624BEF3ECB.jpeg (182.6 KB, 349 views)

Old 06-17-2022, 08:05 AM   #7

bike seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suettekatu View Post
Hi, I had my BD 125 cafe bike for about a month, and love it so far. I’m looking into changing the seat to a more retro brown look. My first attempt was not perfect, probably due to the gas tank being off set from the center. Anyone change their seat with good results? Looking for suggestions on where to get one without too many modifications.
Thank you.

I was looking into this and I so far only found that bikeseatfactory.com sells honda s90 seats which is what this bike is a clone of. They're really expensive and I don't see any brown ones so I haven't pulled the trigger yet. Let's keep looking and see what we can come up with!

maybe we can ask around on the cafe racer FB groups or forums?

Old 10-08-2023, 01:41 PM   #8

What Handlebars did you go with?

Old 08-10-2020, 05:34 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel88 View Post
Hello I recently purchased a boom a few months ago and did a cafe racer rebuild on my bike. After replacing the muffler and air filter I knew I would need to re-jet the carburetor.

The PZ20 that came originally on the bike wasn’t able to tune properly.

So after finding this thread I saw someone bought a new carb but doesn’t say what specific carb they bought or if they had to re-jet it as well.

I found myself buying a Mikuni Vm22 copy from amazon with 48mm bolt spacing. I knew I was going to need to re-jet this carb as well and thought I would have better luck finding jet kits for.

After opening and researching the jets that it came with, I found it has a Mikuni 95 main jet and a Keihin 38 pilot jet. I bolted it on just to see what would happen. It starts fine while on choke but when you take choke off it’s RPMs skyrocket and stay extremely high. I tried adjusting the air screw but nothing changes.

It able to ride smoothly and goes through all gears as if normal but choke is on.

I was hoping someone here would be able to give advice for my issues. Thank you

here is the link to the carb i bought, i have also attached pictures to show.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0176TACDC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
First thing is check to make sure the throttle slide is resting all the way down at the bottom. Could be a simple as adjusting the cable, or having to cut the cable casing to get more slack. Then a obvious one would be the idle speed screw, back it all the way out so it let's the slide sit all the way down. Set the idle air/fuel screw(the one on the bottom of the carb pointing strait down) to 1 1/2 turns out from screwed all the way in. Don't crank it down when you screw it in, just till it stops. Then back it out and count rotations. Then if all else fails check and make sure you don't have a vacuum leak where the intake flanges are(cylinder head side or carburetor side).

Old 08-25-2020, 07:32 PM   #10

Took the bike to work today, and the mechanic stand lock fell out somewhere along the ride and ended up dragging along the ground. Luckily I had some bungee cords on me and was able to secure it. Driving about 55mph down the roadway and hearing the clatter of metal on roadway was an... interesting experience to say the least.

Old 08-26-2020, 09:13 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmerlin View Post
Took the bike to work today, and the mechanic stand lock fell out somewhere along the ride and ended up dragging along the ground. Luckily I had some bungee cords on me and was able to secure it. Driving about 55mph down the roadway and hearing the clatter of metal on roadway was an... interesting experience to say the least.
It's like driving a Ford!