Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2020, 09:14 PM   #1

csc tt250 jetting help

Hi there,
Im alittle lost on my tunning and i was hoping i could get your input or advise.
I got a tt250 with some mods
Ebay exhaust
115 main jet from csc with 40 pilot jet
Needle down to the 4th notch
Fuel mixture screw to 2 1/2 turns
45t rear sprocket with unibear chain
Emissions crap delete

Here are my 2 problems.
1. I changed my oil at around 200miles(i can't remember exactly) the oil was abit dark not too much metallics on screen. I changed it again at around 650miles (by this time i installed the jet kit with the fuel mix needle at 2 1/2 )the oil really i mean really smelled like gas. So i thought i must be running way too rich. Have you guys had this problem before? Should i worry about it?(That is one of my problems i will change my oil again at 900-1000 miles to see how it looks)
2nd problem is after i deleted all the emissions crap( i did not delete the carbon canister or whatever its called. )I decided to go back to the stock pilot jet which is a 38( i read on a post here that it is better after deleting emissions crap) i put the fuel mixture at 2 turns out and the bike pulls strong much stronger. It does not bog at all but i get back firing when im in gear and i let go off the throttle which i read it means im running lean. Does that sound about right? I played with the fuel mixture between 1 3/4-3 turns out and i like it between 2- 2 1/4.i ran the bike for 20 miles and like i said pulls strong but im wondering about the exhaust popping when i let go off the throttle? If this is normal then great i like how it performs

Thanks in advance

Last edited by Choco; 08-10-2020 at 01:18 AM.

Old 08-10-2020, 08:44 AM   #2

Backfire could be valves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choco View Post
Hi there,
Im alittle lost on my tunning and i was hoping i could get your input or advise.
I got a tt250 with some mods
Ebay exhaust
115 main jet from csc with 40 pilot jet
Needle down to the 4th notch
Fuel mixture screw to 2 1/2 turns
45t rear sprocket with unibear chain
Emissions crap delete

Here are my 2 problems.
1. I changed my oil at around 200miles(i can't remember exactly) the oil was abit dark not too much metallics on screen. I changed it again at around 650miles (by this time i installed the jet kit with the fuel mix needle at 2 1/2 )the oil really i mean really smelled like gas. So i thought i must be running way too rich. Have you guys had this problem before? Should i worry about it?(That is one of my problems i will change my oil again at 900-1000 miles to see how it looks)
2nd problem is after i deleted all the emissions crap( i did not delete the carbon canister or whatever its called. )I decided to go back to the stock pilot jet which is a 38( i read on a post here that it is better after deleting emissions crap) i put the fuel mixture at 2 turns out and the bike pulls strong much stronger. It does not bog at all but i get back firing when im in gear and i let go off the throttle which i read it means im running lean. Does that sound about right? I played with the fuel mixture between 1 3/4-3 turns out and i like it between 2- 2 1/4.i ran the bike for 20 miles and like i said pulls strong but im wondering about the exhaust popping when i let go off the throttle? If this is normal then great i like how it performs

Thanks in advance
I had a backfire on deceleration (off throttle) that I thought was the carb, but it turned out that the valves were tight (very tight). Adjusting valves solved the issue.

Orion RXB 150XL

Old 08-10-2020, 10:48 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goob View Post
I had a backfire on deceleration (off throttle) that I thought was the carb, but it turned out that the valves were tight (very tight). Adjusting valves solved the issue.
I just re adjusted 100miles ago or so.
It wasnt back firing with the 40pilot jet, but it pulls harder the way i have it now. I just want to make sure i wont mess up the bike running it like this. I also wanted to lean it abit to see if that solves the gas smell in the oil