Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2020, 06:40 PM   #1

TT250 exhaust header on Hawk

Hi all,
Wanted to share what I just did my hawk in case anyone else wanted to do the same. I wanted to decat my hawk, but didn't want to go the route of the eBay exhaust again (too loud for me), and didn't feel confident in cutting open the stock exhaust to remove.

So I ordered the TT250 (no catalytic converter) exhaust header hoping it would be a close fit to the hawk, it was not.

I had to cut off about three inches of length first. Then I cutoff the flange on the stock exhaust header to reuse it's clamp. Luckily it just had a bead of weld around the edge holding it on, otherwise it was just slid over the rest of the exhaust pipe. I cut it off right before the original weld and slid it onto the tt250 header and welded it on after fitment. The weld isn't pretty, but it's leak free. Once the paint cooks on, I'll put another coat of grill paint on it.

Pretty happy with the results. It definitely sits higher off the motor, but still is plenty out of the way from my leg, etc. Sounds great, I have the spark arrestor removed as well.

My hawk was purchased this year, I remember my old hawk's exhaust being different, don't know when they changed it. So this may not work for everyone. For reference; The clamp you see pictured, and the flanges on each exhaust half are how my hawk came from the factory. (I'm sure old news to many, but wanted to call it out just in case)