Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2020, 11:23 AM   #91

I'm pretty sure it's anything that's motorized, but not rail related.. It would be cars, trucks, tractors, motorcycles, etc...

Based on articles I found, they said motorcycle sales were way down so manufactures actually stop production for periods of time to not flood the market. One article was saying some models that were slated to be 2021 won't be released till 2022 because of the lack of demand right now. If that's true, I'm guessing it's the same with ATVs... Which tells me that these manufactures might have over did it.

I was at the local Honda shop the other day and they had 1 Honda, 1 Yamaha, and maybe 10 Husqvarna dirt bikes. There's definitely a shortage, but I'm now thinking the cause was because manufactures over did the build stoppage.

Oh well.. I guess all we can do is wait and hope that the dealers will come through with our orders... Still feel sorry for them because no sales is no income, but it pisses me off that they won't give us any real info, as in if they really don't know when they'll get inventory, just say it.. not this . in 2 week, 4 weeks, next month BS. It's like they're pulling time periods out of the air.. I swear, I use to think being a weatherman was easy because you could be wrong 90% of the time, but man.. powersports dealers might be right up there with them.

Old 08-11-2020, 12:33 PM   #92

Last I heard, one of the distributors told me in email that they were expecting more Lifan bikes in about 12 weeks, and lifan does make engines for a lot of other brands too. Hope thats a helpful data point.

Old 08-11-2020, 01:07 PM   #93

I hope that refers to new design and release 2021 machines being pushed back. Sounds like that is the case. There is to much catching up to do first.

If current models are so over sold that delivery possibly might be getting pushed back toward the end of 2021 the dealers are in big trouble. They will have to issue massive refunds. I doubt many folks will wait until late 2021 for their 2020 order. Not me.

Unfortunately when they stop taking orders for like Hellcats for example we have no idea what that means for production and delivery. Does it mean they reached a set sold limit that can actually be built and delivered yet this year? Or does it mean they are way over sold so sales just had to stop?

Lack of communication and transparency means continued speculation. That is how it works.

Old 08-11-2020, 02:29 PM   #94

Member RedCrowRides just recently received his Orion RXB250L on 7/31 http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=27033

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 08-12-2020, 11:12 PM   #95

Well, was able to get money back for returned VM22 carb kit and jet kit. To late to send back rear rack, CDI, sprocket and couple little things.

Now for the big decision. To give up on Hellcat or not.

Old 08-12-2020, 11:24 PM   #96

More stuff going to Canada... I wonder if they're shipping some of the vehicles from the Canadian warehouse to the US....

Old 08-13-2020, 10:16 AM   #97

I mentioned something about that earlier. I wonder if it is easier right now to dock and move inventory around from Canadian ports rather than US ports. I would imagine ours are pretty backed up and I'm sure certain products are getting priority.

I still go back to the email I received from Tao though. It sounded like they are not even building Hellcats right now. Not sure how many they can build a day or how that squares up with all the many pre-orders actually getting delivered. Just seems like many more months to me and probably 2021.

Would be great if Tao and others would let customers know something real but not going to happen.

Old 08-13-2020, 10:40 AM   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgl57 View Post
I mentioned something about that earlier. I wonder if it is easier right now to dock and move inventory around from Canadian ports rather than US ports. I would imagine ours are pretty backed up and I'm sure certain products are getting priority.

I still go back to the email I received from Tao though. It sounded like they are not even building Hellcats right now. Not sure how many they can build a day or how that squares up with all the many pre-orders actually getting delivered. Just seems like many more months to me.

Would be great if Tao and others would let customers know but not going to happen.
Personally, I don't think it's an issue of ports being back up. I don't think the issue is port related at all. I say this because Tao is shipping through US ports but under the TaoTao Group name and its been motorcycle parts. I know it's the same company because their Customs paperwork uses the same address.

I'm not sure how NAFTA works, but if they ship to Canada and pay Canadian Customs, when they drop ship to the US, will they need to pay US Customs or does NAFTA make it tax free? Even if taxes don't change, shipping from Canada to the US has to be more costly than shipping within the US. I guess I'm saying that financially it doesn't make sense to ship to Canada to then ship to the US.

These container ships are also, almost always, stopping in the Port in Wa. I'm guessing when they dock there, they're probably off/on loading containers, so why go up to Canada to drop off 1 or 2 Tao containers? Nothing makes sense...

Being that Tao US does list the Tao Canada location as one of their warehouse locations, I have a feeling when dealers scream loud enough, possibly Tao US drop ships a vehicle from there? Got no idea....

It seems I'm just rambling now. LOL

BTW, wish me luck... I start my MSF riding course this evening.. 2 days in class and 2 days riding...

Old 08-14-2020, 09:30 AM   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabjoe View Post
Personally, I don't think it's an issue of ports being back up. I don't think the issue is port related at all. I say this because Tao is shipping through US ports but under the TaoTao Group name and its been motorcycle parts. I know it's the same company because their Customs paperwork uses the same address.

I'm not sure how NAFTA works, but if they ship to Canada and pay Canadian Customs, when they drop ship to the US, will they need to pay US Customs or does NAFTA make it tax free? Even if taxes don't change, shipping from Canada to the US has to be more costly than shipping within the US. I guess I'm saying that financially it doesn't make sense to ship to Canada to then ship to the US.

These container ships are also, almost always, stopping in the Port in Wa. I'm guessing when they dock there, they're probably off/on loading containers, so why go up to Canada to drop off 1 or 2 Tao containers? Nothing makes sense...

Being that Tao US does list the Tao Canada location as one of their warehouse locations, I have a feeling when dealers scream loud enough, possibly Tao US drop ships a vehicle from there? Got no idea....

It seems I'm just rambling now. LOL

BTW, wish me luck... I start my MSF riding course this evening.. 2 days in class and 2 days riding...
NAFTA was replaced by the USMCA, ratified by all three countries in March... officially took effect July 1st 2020.

Not that I think it affects this situation all that much.

Old 08-14-2020, 12:44 PM   #100

So I sent this message to a dealer early yesterday...

"I see you have stopped taking pre-orders for Hellcats. Does that mean you have sold all of them you can deliver yet this year? Or is it because there will be no more Hellcats arriving until next year sometime?"

And...no answer. Should be simple to answer at least this much by now.

We are now a month from when I started this thread. Still no bikes and maybe worse no solid answers as to when. At least for Hellcats.

Last edited by dgl57; 08-14-2020 at 02:38 PM.

Old 08-14-2020, 02:44 PM   #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckard_Cain View Post
NAFTA was replaced by the USMCA, ratified by all three countries in March... officially took effect July 1st 2020.

Not that I think it affects this situation all that much.

I knew it changed, but I couldn't remember the name.. And you're right, I don't think it would affect the current situation, since the good aren't made in North America. But I do wonder how it affects Customs taxes... As in if it's paid to Canada, does it have to be paid if it's shipped to the US from Canada? If payment has to be made to US Customs too, then I highly doubt they would drop ship from Canada to the US.. but if Canada changes less for import taxes and if the US doesn't collect any because it was paid to Canada, then it might be a smart to to ship to Canada then distribute from there. At least the things that the US charges high import taxes on.

Old 08-14-2020, 10:08 PM   #102

Ordered my Vader from Kronik Racing on 7/17 and am still waiting. Hopefully I get an update soon.

Old 08-15-2020, 07:43 PM   #103

Still no answer to my simple questions from the one dealer but another dealer told me today that maybe by the end of September some Hellcats will begin showing up.

I don't think they are coming anytime soon.

Old 08-15-2020, 08:32 PM   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgl57 View Post
Still no answer to my simple questions from the one dealer but another dealer told me today that maybe by the end of September some Hellcats will begin showing up.

I don't think they are coming anytime soon.
LOL.. At least they're saying maybe.

When I last spoke with the dealer back in July, I was told August but possibly September. It was said to me as if they had inventory scheduled for August delivery and only if there was some crazy thing that happened, would it go into September...

Didn't believe them then and still don't believe them. Right now, I feel anyone's guess is as good as theirs.. but if they were being honest, they would should have said "We don't know, but we're hoping within the next month."

The ones that were taking pre-orders but now not will soon be hurting since their cash flow has to be really low now.

Old 08-16-2020, 01:01 PM   #105

I would think they have a pretty good bank roll right now. They have taken many pre-orders over months and probably have not had to pay anything out for the machines as yet.

If no machines start showing up to give customers some new confidence and excitement then there will be big time refund requests. I think that is when the money problems will become an issue...especially for the little guys.