Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2020, 02:59 PM   #121

Here is your question and answer.

DGL

Why are containers of vehicles only going to Tao Canada such as BoL, YMLUW232392815 and not to the US? Are US dealer orders coming down from the Tao warehouse up there now?

Thanks.

Josh (Taomotor)

Aug 31, 2020, 10:45 AM PDT

I am not sure who provided you with a container number sir, but you are making an assumption from one container number. As I said before, we have not received any word on the Hellcats as of yet, I will not discuss the company logistics any further. This email is for end users that need technical support with their units, if you wish to get further updates regarding the Hellcat, please stay in contact with a local dealer in your area or one of our many online dealer.

Old 08-31-2020, 04:24 PM   #122

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgl57 View Post
Here is your question and answer.

DGL

Why are containers of vehicles only going to Tao Canada such as BoL, YMLUW232392815 and not to the US? Are US dealer orders coming down from the Tao warehouse up there now?

Thanks.

Josh (Taomotor)

Aug 31, 2020, 10:45 AM PDT

I am not sure who provided you with a container number sir, but you are making an assumption from one container number. As I said before, we have not received any word on the Hellcats as of yet, I will not discuss the company logistics any further. This email is for end users that need technical support with their units, if you wish to get further updates regarding the Hellcat, please stay in contact with a local dealer in your area or one of our many online dealer.
He sounds upset. Seems like you hit a nerve with that question.. He didn't even bother to say if dealers can fulfill from their Canadian warehouse.

I'm not sure how they operate, but Tao USA has the Canadian warehouse listed on their website as one of theirs. But the same location has it's own website as if they're just Tao Canada.

Old 08-31-2020, 04:28 PM   #123

One last try...

DGL

Aug 31, 2020, 1:03 PM PDT

That is one example of many containers is why I asked. We customers who have paid dealers in full months ago with a substantial amount of money have a right to know when we are going to receive anything. I think we have a right to solid answers not a bunch of I don't knows from Tao and your dealers. I do not think it is even legal to take full payments and string customers along for months with no answers. How can you not know anything about production and shipping schedules at this point?

Thanks.

Josh (Taomotor)

Aug 31, 2020, 1:14 PM PDT

That is a very simple question to answer. This email is for end users who need tech support for their units. We handle tech issues and issues with parts. We have nothing to do with shipping, we do not monitor production and all I was told when I asked was the same thing I told you already, which is the factory is working as fast as possible to restock all branches state side so they can take care of their dealers. If you have already paid a dealer for the product and don't believe it to be legal, ask him for your money back.

Yeah, might have hit a nerve. Or maybe the refunds are starting to ramp up now and dealers are getting pissed at Tao too. They are pushing all the heat off on them and they will be the first to go down. Interesting he picked up on the legality as well. Like get your money back sir and go away so others don't hear about that and wonder too.

Old 08-31-2020, 04:53 PM   #124

The Tao Tao dealers in Canada have been advertising for the last 3 or so weeks now ,I had not seen anything in months but they are now for sure .I don’t think there is any Tao street legal bikes available in Canada ,other than those scooters ,but they have piles of atv’s listed .

Old 08-31-2020, 04:55 PM   #125

I'm surprised he's even responded... I wonder what he would have said if you asked for a contact at Tao USA that handles logistics?

There's no way that someone at Tao USA doesn't know when they're expecting vehicles.. telling customer and their dealers that Tao China is working hard to fulfill orders is a cop-out. They've been saying that for months now with nothing to show.

They must have been building stealth vehicles... and now can't find them to ship over.

Old 08-31-2020, 05:03 PM   #126

I think it is time to support the US and/or Japan. I know there is some China stuff in them but at least it's not 100%. Even used ones are much better.

Old 09-01-2020, 12:06 PM   #127

Canceled my order this morning. I feel bad for US dealers and what they are having to deal with. I do not feel bad for China except for their enslaved workers.

Will probably be leaving chinariders. It was nice talking with you folks on here.

I hope your vehicles show up sooner than later. At least you moved up one spot out of 1000s this morning if waiting on a Hellcat.

Old 09-05-2020, 11:52 AM   #128

I received a call this morning from Q9 Powersports regarding the status of the hellcat. They stated that they are not expecting any hellcats to arrive until early next year. No specific month, could be January, February, not really sure.

They said that they do have the Icebear Fuerza in Stock, but it doesn't have free shipping.

The guy I spoke to, He said that they can’t get a straight answer from Tao USA or from any other contacts in mainland China.

I’m in a very privileged and unique position where I can simply wait for it to arrive. So that is what I am going to do.

I realize that isn't everybody so feel free to cancel your orders of you wish. It just places people like me further ahead once they do come into stock.

In fact, the guy at Q9 recommended that if I didn't want the Icebear, and for some reason or another I don't, to cancel. But he acknowledged that doing so does lose my place in line.

Old 09-05-2020, 01:44 PM   #129

So I was correct and now someone is finally admitting it will be next year and even then nobody knows when. I think many dealers have known that for a while, at least concerning Hellcats. I am positive Tao USA has known. They just didn't want a lot of people canceling pre-orders.

The heat must be ratcheting up so now looks like dealers are actually advising folks to cancel. It was nice having all that free money for months though.

I could have waited it out as well but at this point am not into supporting China anymore than necessary. It actually felt good seeing that chunk disappear from my credit card balance.

Hats off to Q9 for handling my order cancellation quick and easy.

Last edited by dgl57; 09-05-2020 at 03:41 PM.

Old 09-05-2020, 09:41 PM   #130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckard_Cain View Post
I received a call this morning from Q9 Powersports regarding the status of the hellcat. They stated that they are not expecting any hellcats to arrive until early next year. No specific month, could be January, February, not really sure.

They said that they do have the Icebear Fuerza in Stock, but it doesn't have free shipping.

The guy I spoke to, He said that they can’t get a straight answer from Tao USA or from any other contacts in mainland China.

I’m in a very privileged and unique position where I can simply wait for it to arrive. So that is what I am going to do.

I realize that isn't everybody so feel free to cancel your orders of you wish. It just places people like me further ahead once they do come into stock.

In fact, the guy at Q9 recommended that if I didn't want the Icebear, and for some reason or another I don't, to cancel. But he acknowledged that doing so does lose my place in line.
It's as we've all been speculating.. that they had no idea when they would receive any inventory and they had just been pulling delivery dates out of their butt At least they came clean to you.

I'm going to call them to see what they say about ATVs, and I'm guessing they're either going to lie again by saying either within the next 2 months or in 2021.... which is actually a lie, if they don't can't get answer from Tao as to when they might get any shipments. I feel the only truthful answer from them would be "We don't have any idea and the way it looks, it might be never."

This is a guess, but if a product on their site isn't open for pre-orders, it's because they have no idea if and when they might get inventory.

Well, I guess I have a decision to make.. and I have a feeling that I need to get a refund and purchase from well known brand from a local dealer. Sure the price will be higher, but so will the quality and support.

As for the price, based on what these China dealers have been doing, raising prices without delivering a thing, the difference from the well known brands are shrinking..

Decisions, decisions...

Old 09-06-2020, 09:39 AM   #131

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabjoe View Post
It's as we've all been speculating.. that they had no idea when they would receive any inventory and they had just been pulling delivery dates out of their butt At least they came clean to you.

I'm going to call them to see what they say about ATVs, and I'm guessing they're either going to lie again by saying either within the next 2 months or in 2021.... which is actually a lie, if they don't can't get answer from Tao as to when they might get any shipments. I feel the only truthful answer from them would be "We don't have any idea and the way it looks, it might be never."

This is a guess, but if a product on their site isn't open for pre-orders, it's because they have no idea if and when they might get inventory.

Well, I guess I have a decision to make.. and I have a feeling that I need to get a refund and purchase from well known brand from a local dealer. Sure the price will be higher, but so will the quality and support.

As for the price, based on what these China dealers have been doing, raising prices without delivering a thing, the difference from the well known brands are shrinking..

Decisions, decisions...
Exactly right.

For me, the difference new to new of a Hellcat vs Grom is still $3200. And finding a used Grom in my area that is unmolested and bone stock is nigh impossible. And even still, a $2500 used Grom is twice what I prepaid for a Hellcat.

Obviously the quality is light-years beyond anything Chinese, but these are the concessions I'm willing to make.

Old 09-10-2020, 10:02 PM   #132

Other than more helmets coming into the US.. There looks to be a shipment of ATVs going to Tao Canada again.

Date
2020-09-02
Shipper Name
Zhejiang Taotao Vehicles Co. Ltd
Shipper Address
NO 6 XINMIN RD XINBI ST JINYUN COUNTY LISHUI CHINA
Consignee Name
Tao Motor Canada Inc.
Consignee Address
170 BARTOR RD NORTH YORK ON M9M 2W6 CANADA TEFAX1
Notify Party Name
Tao Motor Canada Inc.
Notify Party Address
170 BARTOR ROAD NORTH YORK ON, M9M 2W6 CANADA, TEL 1-416-748-6686, TEFAX 1-416-749-6686
Weight
Weight Unit
KG
Weight in KG
Quantity
Quantity Unit
CTN
Measure Unit
CM
Shipment Origin
China
Details
14,904.0 kg
From port: Ningbo, China
To port: Port of Tacoma, Tacoma, Washington
Place of Receipt
Ningbo
Foreign Port of Lading
Ningbo, China
U.S. Port of Unlading
Port of Tacoma, Tacoma, Washington
U.S. Destination Port
Port of Tacoma, Tacoma, Washington
Commodity
PASS VEH FOR SNOW GOLF CARTS SIMILAR VEHIC ALL TERRAIN VEHICLE
Container
YMLU8744384
Marks Description
ATV OFF ROAD USE ONLY / /
Carrier Name
YANG MING MARINE TRANSPORT CORP
Vessel Name
NAGOYA EXPRESS
Voyage Number
060E
Bill of Lading Number
YMLUW232394136
Lloyd's Code
HTS Codes
HTS 8703.10

Old 09-11-2020, 10:13 AM   #133

@crabjoe I think that's mostly what they'll be manufacturing and importing for the fall/winter season. Probably right after New Years' they'll start going back to motorcycles.

But then Feb 12th is Chinese New Year... so count on a good half a month of stuff shut down for that.

Old 09-11-2020, 11:23 AM   #134

I wonder if I “owned a large dealership of other products” and wanted to inquire about how fast they could ship me a few containers of bikes, how soon could they quote me to have them here?

Old 09-11-2020, 11:49 PM   #135

My personal scope of wonderment covers the fact that we can not get the China bikes we crave, but there is a never ending supply of Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki, Benelli, BMW and Harley Davidson motorcycles coming out of the factories next door to the ones that make ours! In some cases they come out of the same buildings.

I also know that in GB the tremendous market for 125cc Chinese motorbikes and scooters is fully stocked, the dealers have plenty.

This is a move to drive up demand so they can increase prices to "just cheap enough to compete" with the major brands being built in the building next door.

Our 250cc dual sport bikes will likely come back at a standard $2500 and up rather than the present $1500 and up, or the prices will go up soon afterward.