Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2020, 09:15 PM   #1

New guy, new Hawk DLX in MS

Hey y'all...
So I finally ordered the Hawk DLX with EFI. Ordered from Amazon, sold by Great Deals. The bike showed up in less than a week with NO shipping rash!! Took me about 3-4 hours to casually build it, with some help from my friend that got his a week prior. I do recommend a bike stand. Get one from Harbor Freight for around $35 if you don't have one already. First thing I did is order some new mirrors, and levers w/ master, and ProTaper handlebars. Looking at the IMS Flightline shifter foot pedal, and an oil cooler. Also, I would very much like to swap the brake lines for stainless. If you guys have a link for those, that would be great!!

I am in Central Mississippi, so if anyone wants to do a meet up, lets do it. Also, I cant find the link again, but add Mississippi to the list of states that will accept the Hawk for registration/tag.

This bike is bigger than I expected. I've had taller dirt bikes, but the seat of the Hawk DLX is much wider that a dirt bike seat. I am 55yo, 230lbs, 5'10" (5'11") when my Mom tells me to "stand up straight!", and I am on my tip-toes with this bike. My friend is 6'2" and sits flat foot with no problem. So I may give a few turns of the rear suspension nut to bring it down a bit.

This is my second Chine bike. I had a TaoTao 150cc scooter that was a lot of fun. But this is probably my 10th motorcycle in my 40 years of riding.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg received_2963417087098111_copy_312x234.jpeg (47.2 KB, 139 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20200917_120932_3_copy_312x416.jpg (91.1 KB, 139 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20200916_164133_8_copy_312x416.jpg (157 Bytes, 695 views)

Last edited by JasonOnTheRez; 09-18-2020 at 09:52 PM.

Old 09-19-2020, 12:11 AM   #2

Welcome to here! Congrats on the new bike!! To clarify, the Hawk DLX is 49 state EPA/DOT certified as an 'on-highway motorcycle' (Californians need not apply), whereas the Hawk 250 (the Magician 250 is actually on the same certificate) is on the EPA off-road list and is certified in 49 states (again, Californians need not apply) as an 'off road dirt bike' which makes it near to impossible in some states to street register, slightly difficult in others, and in some, states that plate converted dirt bikes (the Hawk 250 and Magician 250 are considered converted since they have all of the street legal bits), the authorities plate it with no issues.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard