Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2020, 07:50 PM   #1

New Orion RXB-250L question on headlight mount

Hello all

Fellow RPS hawk owner here and just bought a second bike, an Orion RXB-250L. Assembly was easy except for one part. I cannot figure out the lower mounting point for the headlight assy. The lower triple has two holes which seem be the same width as the lower headlight mounts. trouble is when the top mounts of the headlight are attached, the lower mounts are over an inch too high to connect to the lower triple. I think I am missing a bracket or long bolts / spacers. Pictures on the website show a slightly different setup on the front end with a bracket and reflectors on the front fender. My reflectors are mounted directly to the lower triple. Any ideas?

Old 10-19-2020, 07:13 PM   #2

You are indeed missing the lower bracket, as was I and a lot of other people too. Hit up Orion customer service and they'll get one to you.

This same issue just came up on the Orion FB page in the last couple of days as well, with pictures.

Old 10-20-2020, 09:01 AM   #3

Thanks
I searched the FB pages and only found posts complaining about headlight aim but nothing on the bracket.
I found a decent closeup pic of the lower mount and will make one instead. Some have made longer top mounts to aim the headlight lower. Looks like a good idea and will give more space for the wiring bundle behind the light.

Old 10-20-2020, 01:19 PM   #4

What do you think of the bike? I have the 150 and it’s a lot of fun. I’m thinking of buying the 250 and putting the super Moto tires and wheels on it.

Old 10-20-2020, 02:01 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorcyclelove View Post
What do you think of the bike? I have the 150 and it’s a lot of fun. I’m thinking of buying the 250 and putting the super Moto tires and wheels on it.
Why not just look at the SSR XF250. 249cc @ 18.1 hp. Don't let the MSRP scare you off. Just find a local dealer and get the real price. http://www.ssrmotorsports.com/store/enduro/xf250_st.php
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 10-20-2020, 06:48 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorcyclelove View Post
The bike is better than I expected. I bought mine "unassembled" to save a few bucks. Every nut, bolt was properly tightened and the full bearing linkage suspension was greased. Forks and shock look decent and fully adjustable. I did not get much ride time on it yet but it has plenty of power and suspension feels similar to my old 2007 WR250F. Fit and finish is better than the Hawk 250 and the bike feels solid. No flex in the frame and swingarm.
Complaints: It's a bit on the heavy side and the muffler is obnoxiously loud.
I can't believe they ship the bikes this way. Seat is narrow but this is a clone of a MX style bike so you have to expect that. No way you can ride it as is on the street. I have a Lexx quiet core insert on order to fix that. If a had a little more to spend, I would find a good used KTM muffler on ebay instead.

Old 10-20-2020, 07:00 PM   #7

Jerry doesn't the new 250l come with a 249cc rated at like 19.5 horsepower or something like that?

Old 10-20-2020, 08:59 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcalis View Post
The bike is better than I expected. I bought mine "unassembled" to save a few bucks. Every nut, bolt was properly tightened and the full bearing linkage suspension was greased. Forks and shock look decent and fully adjustable. I did not get much ride time on it yet but it has plenty of power and suspension feels similar to my old 2007 WR250F. Fit and finish is better than the Hawk 250 and the bike feels solid. No flex in the frame and swingarm.
Complaints: It's a bit on the heavy side and the muffler is obnoxiously loud.
I can't believe they ship the bikes this way. Seat is narrow but this is a clone of a MX style bike so you have to expect that. No way you can ride it as is on the street. I have a Lexx quiet core insert on order to fix that. If a had a little more to spend, I would find a good used KTM muffler on ebay instead.
Yeah, the 150 is obnoxiously loud as well. My neighbors have given me the stink eye.

Old 10-21-2020, 11:13 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebrozzanator View Post
Jerry doesn't the new 250l come with a 249cc rated at like 19.5 horsepower or something like that?
My bike was from the latest shipment with the new 249cc OHC engine. It also has aluminum rims and nibbi carb stock. Compared to my uncorked and jetted hawk there is a noticable difference in power.

Old 10-21-2020, 11:40 AM   #10

That's what I was figuring. The upgraded new one looks decent now for that price tag.

Old 01-18-2021, 07:25 PM   #11

The 250L is a final contender for me... can I ask why you think its not suitable for road use in stock form? Too twitchy? or just too loud?

Old 01-18-2021, 07:57 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 View Post
Why not just look at the SSR XF250. 249cc @ 18.1 hp. Don't let the MSRP scare you off. Just find a local dealer and get the real price. http://www.ssrmotorsports.com/store/enduro/xf250_st.php
Now that i'm looking at it. It seems it's the same motorcycle that the italian mfg BETA sells in South America as the BETA TR 2.5 an entry level motorcycle.
Minus the oil cooler and 2 more HP.

Name:  IMG_2251.JPG
Views: 382
Size:  25.3 KB

Old 01-21-2021, 07:01 PM   #13

The RXB250l is basically a dirt bike with lights and a license plate. The bike is too loud in stock form for street use. Much better since I added the quiet insert. Your neighbors will not like the stock "muffler"!
Seat is narrow and a bit uncomfortable for long distance street use. It would need to be widened / modified if you plan to sit on it for more than an hour or so. Gearing is too low for street. you can install a smaller rear sprocket to help with this. I added spoke weights to balance the wheel, due to the rim locks. You do not notice unbalanced wheels offroad but you as soon as you hit the pavement you will.
I bought it to connect trails on the street but its primary purpose is a trail / dirtbike. Suspension allows for tackling just about any type of off road terrain.

Can you tame it for the street? Sure, but you will have to make more than a few changes to get there.
I feel the hawk is 80% street and 20% dirt, this bike is the exact opposite.

Tags
orion, rxb-250l, rxb250