Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-2018, 11:41 AM   #1

Finally pulled the TTrigger.

After one month of due diligence, which consisted of viewing every you tube on the web, downloading 50 different photo to my screensaver and reading every review and road test out there, I finally decided to get a new TT250.
Ordered a white one this past Tuesday and was notified that it shipped yesterday. As posted many time on this forum, the service from CSC is exemplary. Steve patiently answered all my questions every time I called and TK was very thorough going over all the details of the purchase.
Though it was more expensive than the competition (I was also considering the Hawk and the Brozz), the combination of higher quality components like the 300 watt alternator, better switchgear, adjustable upside down fork and rear suspension, electronic dash, counterbalanced motor and most importantly the excellent dealer support with a 1 year unlimited mileage warranty made the decision the only logical choice. When I originally searched for a used dirt bike the prices were higher for beaters than a new TT, so it was really a no brainer.
Back in the 70’s I worked as a service manager for a Southern California Honda dealership when an XL250 was a simple, carbureted, comfortable, fun dual purpose bike. Sounds just like the TT.
When I first looked at the Hawk, the dealer basically assembled the bike and handed it to you with no pre-delivery service whatsoever. When I inquired about them doing a valve adjustment and fresh oil change the response was that it was full of oil and the motor was quiet (yes, tight valves are quiet).
On the other hand, this is what CSC does, so I’m confident that I made the best decision.

Name:  270CE143-04D7-411D-8816-9BDFD25A5B97.jpg
Views: 424
Size:  18.5 KB

Old 04-14-2018, 11:51 AM   #2

Congrats on the purchase. After many of your inquiries, I was pretty confident that the TT250 was the right bike for you. I think you will be happy with it.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 04-14-2018, 02:41 PM   #3

cool. you will have a lot of fun with it.

Old 04-14-2018, 03:16 PM   #4

Congrats on the bike, I would have gone with the white too, real clean looking.

Old 04-14-2018, 08:22 PM   #5

Excellent choice. I'm sure it'll give you many happy miles.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 04-14-2018, 10:48 PM   #6

Congratulations on the purchase. I believe you will be pleased with the product and the Seidner team.

" Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted." - John Lennon

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song

Old 10-30-2020, 04:53 PM   #7

Very excited. Got a call wednesday saying all set to deliver to my house but it was pouring out so i rescheduled for this tuesday.

What oil you all running? Emailed CSC and they said use conventional for first 2500 miles.