Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-2021, 01:27 PM   #1

Does the Brozz have a fmvss nhtsa label ?

I notice that some online dealerships have a disclaimer regarding bikes not having a fmvss nhtsa label .One such example is the Hawk 250 from TX Power Sports. I am considering the Hawk from them, as well as the Brozz Recon from Peace Sports. I have been back, and forth between the two. I like the Brozz MUCH better, but my inner titewad keeps saying Hawk..I would just go ahead and buy the Brozz today if I knew it had the above mentioned label, because a bike that I can't get road legal will do me no good. I would appreciate any advice you can offer. Thanks

Old 02-04-2021, 01:42 PM   #2

Yes the bike has these labels. Completely street legal. I traveled to the capitol DMV of my state and got my plates in and out. Before this I got the run around from a yurkronic agency telling me I had to wait 4 weeks for them to charge me extra money to mail it out. With the probability of them not accepting it. Or take the 3 hour drive save a couple hundred bucks and get them same day. Depends what state you are in for the run around. They may just accept it and not have to get it verified from the higher up DMV. The hawk is street legal in most states that believe in being an American lmao. Your going to have to jump through a couple more hoops to get the hawk plated in certain states.

Last edited by Thebrozzanator; 02-04-2021 at 01:49 PM. Reason: More info

Old 02-04-2021, 01:50 PM   #3

Brozz you shouldn't have as difficult as a time. You will probably jump through some hoops for the Brozz too but it is definitely street legal and not labeled for off-road use only.

Old 02-04-2021, 02:46 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebrozzanator View Post
Brozz you shouldn't have as difficult as a time. You will probably jump through some hoops for the Brozz too but it is definitely street legal and not labeled for off-road use only.

I had no problems registering and getting a title for my 2020 Brozz in Michigan, of course, other than the fact they closed all the DMV offices for months and this had to be an in person transaction.

Once I finally got in, after waiting about 3 months, it was a ten minute deal.

John

Old 02-04-2021, 03:35 PM   #5

Thanks Amigos !! I E Mailed Jeff at Peace, and he is out, and will be back Monday the 15th.. Now the only decision I am pondering is the regular blue, or red Brozz 250, or the Recon. I like the Recon, and am not as concerned with the fact that the knobby tires will wear faster as I am the way the bike will handle on paved roads. I would rather have a bike that is safer at 45-55 mph on paved roads. I have never had an actual road motorcycle, but was on YZs, and RMs all through my youth. I have laid down plenty in the dirt with only bruises,and bumps. I live on a street in a small unincorporated community (Evans WVa), but I own a farm at the other end of Jackson Co. It was my parents place,and were I was raised. I hunt there in the fall, and keep it mowed in the spring,and Summer. It is all secondary paved roads with the exception of about 1 mile of rt87, and a few of rt 33 going thru Ripley. I will be riding on farm roads, and dirt roads, but don't anticipate any extremely difficult trails. I'm too old (54) to get too crazy LOL. What is your opinions on the model I should choose? Is there any difference ,other than tires,and colors between the Recon, and regular blue,or red Brozz?

Old 02-04-2021, 04:43 PM   #6

My vote goes to the Recon! Not because im biased lol but its unique color wise and has that rugged look to it compared to the standard colors you see all the time..
The only difference between the red/blue/recon is that the recon models have the knobby tires and the desert tan or olive drab color options.
I spent alittle time on this and kept reading comments of how the Desert Tan looks much better in person, and they are right, i love the color and keep this in mind.. if you get a color and later decide you wanted something else, you can buy all the plastics from shopbrozz.com for $190, but im sure whichever you choose will be the right one for you..

P.S. i titled the Brozz in VA with no issues and have insurance thru Safeco with full coverage $100 deductibles @ $170/year

Former China Bikes: Tao DBX1, Brozz 250, CSC RX4, Titan DLX, Templar X

Old 02-04-2021, 06:16 PM   #7

I titled the Brozz in Ohio with no issues whatsoever.
I went with the blue color.
If you can wait, might be good to see what changes the 2021 models will offer, and the 2020's may be had at a discount.

Old 02-05-2021, 06:50 PM   #8

I went ahead and ordered the tan Recon. I was so on the fence between the Recon, and the blue Sport. I was a little hesitant about the knobby tires , but really like the color for someone my age. I have noticed most folks re- jet these Chinese bikes as soon as they get them. Do they come so lean that it can burn a valve?. It is around 600-800 feet elevation around here . It will be a little while before I get it because it won't ship till after the 15th..I assume that I should use blue LocTite while assembling it. Thanks for all the friendly advice you all have shared, I appreciate it all.

Old 02-05-2021, 07:08 PM   #9

Welcome to the club! Excellent choice, as long as you accept the bike for what it is (an excellent DS) and isnt (full-on dirtbike or highway cruiser), you'll love it!
At your elevation, the stock carb will be jetted fine. I only increased from the stock main and shimmed the needle jet after i removed the airbox snokel and installed a full exhaust, until then you should be fine.
Yes, use blue lock-tire on any bolts you are assembling, especially on the the brake calipers.. Also, a tip for install is to watch the YouTube video that Jeff posted where he goes step by step thru the assembly, will help you make sense of the parts bag.

Old 02-05-2021, 11:18 PM   #10

Yes, watch the Peace Sports video on assembly. I went further on my assembly as far as taking more things apart to check than it seems others care about. The main Hawk stickies that MegaDan and others have posted at the top of this forum help tremendously, and I would recommend you take their advice.
If you don't care too much about the bike, do a quick assembly and get a couple years out of it. If you do care and want it to last, just do your research and put in the time, I feel these bikes will last as long as you want it to.

Old 02-05-2021, 11:26 PM   #11

At your elevation, the bike will be good, but run lean. Especially at idle. If you can track down a pilot jet for the stock carb, it will be soooo much smoother at idle.
I personally would advise steering away from the aftermarket exhaust unless you want real LOUD.
Make SURE you adjust the valves before you ever start it. There are plenty of videos and people on here will help you do it if you are not comfortable with it. It will avoid many issues you may have if you just take care of it right off the rip. I recommend changing the oil it comes with out before you start it as well. I run Rotella T4, as well as many others.
Other than that, I'd ride it stock for the first 750-1000 miles and decide what mods you want at that point. You will notice the engine wake up quite a bit over that mileage. Oh, and I got a lot of sparkles in the first few changes so plan on being liberal with the oil changes until you get to 1000 miles. Can't hurt anything and the oil is cheap.

Old 02-06-2021, 09:26 AM   #12

Thanks again for all the advice. I absorb it all, and appreciate it all. From the videos I have watched on YouTube, as well as the knowledge I have gleaned here, it seems like it is common for the Chinese bikes to come with the valves improperly adjusted. One subject that I have not seen much on is the quality of the factory chain,and sprockets. Do they hold up pretty well with normal use, or should they be upgraded?

Old 02-06-2021, 09:39 AM   #13

I just checked out the Hawk resources sticky posted by MegaDan ,and it is a wealth of knowledge. I realize that many questions I have had are addressed . Thanks MegaDan!!

Old 02-06-2021, 09:47 AM   #14

After i got mine i also was concerned about the quality of the chain, especially as it seemed to need adjusting after almost every ride. And then when i read a few posts of those whose chains had snapped, i researched and landed upon the Niche 428 x-ring chain 128 link as a great replacement option.. havent adjusted it since initial setup and has been great!
I also changed my rear sprocket out to from the stock 46 to a 42 tooth and it helped with cruising and max speed, although did take some pep away which was later remedied via exhaust/airpod/porting work

Old 02-06-2021, 01:02 PM   #15

I have looked for a set of pilot jets that fit the Brozz, but no luck. Anyone have a link?

John