Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2021, 03:11 PM   #1

What kind of gear do you guys wear?

Just curious about the type of gear people on here are wearing

Old 05-11-2021, 12:12 AM   #2

My gear changes if I'm headed off road, but normal commute is Joe Rocket jacket, Cortech pants, leather boots, armored gloves, and a Gmax dual sport full face helmet. I also have molded ear plugs in at all times. I wear all the gear all the time. I've laid it down on the highway before and walked away without a scratch. I won't always be that lucky, but it sure convinced me that Kevlar over CE rated armor is worth it. And gear that you won't wear isn't worth anything. It can't protect you on a hanger at home so if you need to splurge a little to get something you'll wear, it's sure worth it!

Old 05-11-2021, 06:26 AM   #3

I have a Rev'it eclipse jacket, I'll wear my fieldsheer armored jeans, or my bilt armored jeans. I have Bates tasers for riding shoes, of I doing more casual stuff for the day, or my a-star SMX-1 R shoes of I'm just out for a ride. I have a few different helmets, but I normally wear my LS2 arrow carbon, because it's there only one my cardo fits on. My gloves are usually my Rev'it Chevron 2, or my fieldsheer gloves.

Old 05-11-2021, 07:23 AM   #4

I'm old and stuck in my ways so I wear my normal clothes and an open face helmet. Prescription bifocals deflect bugs from my eyes, and if it's cold I wear gloves. Hitting that moose in Alaska a few years ago would have been much less painful had I been wearing armor.

Old 05-13-2021, 03:47 AM   #5

I started with Hawk mesh jacket and the black hawk pants from amazon, then got the hawk ADV suit.. Alpine stars vented boots then added Falco adventure boots. After the hawk ADV stuff kept developing quality issues with stitching and velcro, instead of buying twice (i did but returned them) I bought Sedici Marco mesh (with removable liners) ADV stuff from cycle gear.. IXS gloves "RX4" (like my bike) upgraded from IXS 200 a alpine stars roostguard/back protector and leatt 5.0 armor shorts, upgraded from some chinese armored shorts. The Hawk adv stuff is pretty baggy and bulky so it'll be used when it gets cold again.

I started with cheap gear which served it's purpose for over 10000 miles and when i could afford to spend more, I did. Except the boots, moto footwear is expensive either way.

Old 05-13-2021, 08:49 AM   #6

i ride with a Rev-it Sand 3 armored jacket, leather gloves, Zoan Synchrony D/S helmet, denim jeans, and work boots...

Old 05-13-2021, 09:44 AM   #7

It depend on which bike I'm riding, where I'm riding, the temps, and who I'm riding with.

Usually on the tbr7, on an average temp day, on the street, full face helmet, jeans, shirt, occasionally a kevlar jacket,gloves,ankle high boots... and clean underwear...lol.

On an average temp day trail riding with my crazy friends, jeans, mx style shirt (gotta look cool and stops some sunburn/tree limb scratces), tee shirt underneath, mx helmet, goggles, ankle boots, gloves, occasionally a chest protector, and usually clean underwear...

Clean underwear is very important. My mom used to say it over and over in case I get in an accident. Lol
Mods so far- Brozz swingarm, 21" front rim (Bridgestone Tw302 rear/Dunlop D606 front tires), Digital gauge cluster, pz30b pumper carb, after market hand guards, aftermarket brake and clutch levers, round fold away mirrors, Fly handlebars shortened slightly, 13t front sprocket
2009 Q-link Legacy 250
1982 Suzuki GS1100ES - "Jolene"

Old 05-14-2021, 01:29 PM   #8

Full face helmet all the time. I like my teeth. Other than that, regular boots and a little extra thick denim.

Really never wore safety gear in my 30 years of riding on and off road.

Crazy? I guess so.

I also don’t wear bicycle helmets or snowboarding helmets. Probably a different generation