Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2021, 06:22 PM   #1

Getting my bike delivered friday

After browsing amazon back in march and finding out about these cheap china bikes I knew I had to have one. I ordered a CSC TT250 clear back in April with an expected arrival date of may. After way to long of a wait its finally getting dropped off Friday, I just got the call and I couldn't be more excited.

I live in PA and was nervous about getting a hawk registered and I do like the idea of dealing with CSC over and of the sketchier dealers Ive read about on here. Thats why I decided to shell out the extra money for the TT250 (About $3000 all in)

Any bike related tips on things to look out for would be great. Does anyone know if CSC changes the oil or brake fluid before they send them out.

I'm in Western PA area if anyone is local to that region
Thanks for all the work you lot have put to create this resource for new owners

Old 07-28-2021, 08:22 AM   #2

Congrats! Welcome to the China Bike family!!! You're going to love your new TT250! I strongly suggest you swap the main carb jet to a 112 as soon as possible. The stock one is far too lean. There's no need to change brake fluid. Call CSC and ask Wade about how they handle engine oil.

Two additions I put on our twin TT's:

https://cscmotorcycles.com/rear-rack-aluminum-tt250/

I use it every time I ride my bike to the grocery store.

https://cscmotorcycles.com/skid-plat...re-fits-tt250/

I paid the 1 hour labor charge to have one installed on my bike and my wife's bike. The extra protection is necessary for the type of riding I plan on doing when the weather cools off (fire roads, single track forest).
2021 CSC TT250 - White (Daughter's) "Gemini"

Old 07-29-2021, 07:12 PM   #3

Did you get your bike? If so, how is it? I just ordered one a couple of days ago and live in Western PA. It will be a long time before I get mine, but please let me know how it went getting registered, inspected and insured. All a pain to do in PA… Lol. Appreciate any info you can give me. Thank you!

Old 08-02-2021, 07:47 AM   #4

Hi guys. I joined because I saw western PA riders in this thread. Count me in, I'm in Clfd.co.

I'm considering one of these bikes 200-250cc. I need to spend some time reading, but I do want a dual sport, and so far I like the Hawk and the Lifan X-Pect. The TT250 looks like a slightly larger bike, am I correct?

Old 08-02-2021, 05:35 PM   #5

Check YouTube. They have side by side comparisons from what I recall. I didn’t consider the other ones as I didn’t know if they were street legal in PA, plus I like the manuals, tutorials and hopefully support if needed from CSC. You can also check this site, of course. I’m still dreading the registration process. Sorry I’m no help!

Old 08-02-2021, 07:36 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by spackler View Post
I'm considering one of these bikes 200-250cc. I need to spend some time reading, but I do want a dual sport, and so far I like the Hawk and the Lifan X-Pect. The TT250 looks like a slightly larger bike, am I correct?

The Hawk and TT250 both have 21" front and 18" rear wheels. The XPect has 19" front, 17" rear wheels. the Hawk has a 36" seat height; the TT250 has a 34" seat, and the XPect has about a 33" seat. So, the Hawk is the largest by a small amount, and the LIfan XPect is the smaller of the three.

I've owned a Hawk DLX for a few months now and have a Lifan XPect coming Wednesday for my daughter (she's about 5'7" and she has to tip-toe the Hawk).

Old 08-02-2021, 08:38 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britt View Post
The Hawk and TT250 both have 21" front and 18" rear wheels. The XPect has 19" front, 17" rear wheels. the Hawk has a 36" seat height; the TT250 has a 34" seat, and the XPect has about a 33" seat. So, the Hawk is the largest by a small amount, and the LIfan XPect is the smaller of the three.

I've owned a Hawk DLX for a few months now and have a Lifan XPect coming Wednesday for my daughter (she's about 5'7" and she has to tip-toe the Hawk).

Perfect. Thank you. This is exactly the info I was looking for. I lose so much time on youtube that I didn't want to dive in there.

I wanted to add for anyone that finds this thread... There is a garage in Spring Mills, PA selling 2021 Lifan XPect bikes already inspected and ready to go. So I don't see how it could be too much trouble to go through the registration process in PA. But maybe I'm overlooking something.