Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2021, 01:05 PM   #1

Hawk 250 or DLX

Hello all. I am wondering which bike to get I'm looking for a dual sport and it seems I've narrowed it down to the hawk 250 or the dlx model having a carb does not turn me away the DLX seems to be backordered for a bit but the original 250 is available and much cheaper. I'm wondering what would be the best buy. If there's any other brands I would appreciate the feedback as well

Old 08-08-2021, 01:11 PM   #2

They are both 'dual-sport' in form, but in many states in the US you won't have much luck registering the original Hawk. If you don't want any issues getting a tag for street use at the local DMV, go with the DLX. I believe powersportsmax has them in stock.

Old 08-08-2021, 02:00 PM   #3

My total personal opinion...if you're willing to spend 2 grand on a bike..I would get the Lifan X-PECT, sold by most internet retailers. (2nd choice would be a Bashan Brozz...but i think there is a wait-time for those...pre-order.) Nary a problem with those bikes. That's not saying the Hawks are bad bikes...just my preference.

Old 08-08-2021, 03:42 PM   #4

From what I understand the TBR7 is not a whole lot different than the standard Hawk ,other than tires. I think the TBR could possibly be registered in states that won't register the standard Hawk. If you want a carburetor rather than injection it vould be a better option than the Hawk for this reason if you intend to use it on the road. Like I say this is just what I think could be, but whatever bike you settle on make sure for yourself that it can be registered in your state before you buy it, if you intend to register it.

Old 08-08-2021, 06:54 PM   #5

Yes Billy Hilly, the TBR7 is on the 49 state approved highway motorcycle EPA/DOT list and have heard of no issues with the Taotao. (Unless it was something minor.)

Old 08-08-2021, 08:38 PM   #6

When I first saw the DLX with fuel injection, I thought it was neat to be able to get one with that technology.
Now I've seen a lot of posts of people with the DLX where something has gone wrong and the more sophisticated electronics seem to open a larger can of troubleshooting worms than a carbureted model.
I still think they are neat, but I wouldn't personally get one unless there was a good manual and a good code reader available.
I would consider the Lifan 200 over the DLX, it is only 200cc however. I don't know much about it's performance versus the 229cc bikes.
I would say if I were going to purchase another dual sport, I would for sure get a Brozz again, or a standard Hawk if I knew I could register it. The Raven looks pretty good, too. If you can wait, Peace Sports and buying a Brozz from that crew is going to be a good customer service experience.

Old 08-08-2021, 08:52 PM   #7

The Brozz site says all orders placed from July to today ,get shipped out tomorrow ,so it looks like they have stock .Beware of the small rim sizes if you want an off road bike though

Old 08-09-2021, 08:17 AM   #8

Actually I never thought that the orders they were talking about might not be for bikes ,just parts etc . .There site only has 2020 bikes listed and all out of stock .

Old 08-09-2021, 08:45 AM   #9

Just my opinion, but I would go with a Brozz. You just don't hear of many issues with them. Mine has 1,500 miles and not a issue yet. Plus Peace Sports is good to deal with, as long as they have bikes in stock.

John