Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2021, 02:36 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mototech77 View Post
I also did more research on the ECU diagnostic port. Looks like there are not missing wires like I thought. It appears now that there is power, ground and K-line data. I ordered a Honda 6-pin to OBD2 adapter cable. When it arrives, I’m going to verify the pin-out, then attempt to interface with my ELM adapter. Worth a try at least.
All you need is this https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Diag...27424c4d4kuVOq (als available on ebay) and a genuine or knock off tactrix open port adapter. ECu hud hacker is free to interface with the ECU.

Also I would reset fuel trims (d/c ECU for a bit) since you've made mechanical adjustments to the engine.

Old 08-29-2021, 10:13 PM   #17

Did you ever adjust the valves?

Old 08-29-2021, 11:54 PM   #18

Quote:
My Lifan Xpect EFI tends to stall when cold,and occasionally when taking off from a light. This is happening just as I start to roll the throttle, before the clutch is engaged

I've noticed the same things with my 2021 X-Pect. It will be idling like a top, then suddenly just stall out like I hit the kill switch or something no warning at all.

Other times it's idling fine and I'll grab a bit of throttle in preparation for takeoff, but it will instantly stall out instead of revving up.

Old 09-21-2021, 08:03 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Top_Her View Post
All you need is this https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Diag...27424c4d4kuVOq (als available on ebay) and a genuine or knock off tactrix open port adapter. ECu hud hacker is free to interface with the ECU.

Also I would reset fuel trims (d/c ECU for a bit) since you've made mechanical adjustments to the engine.
Thanks. That is not the right adapter, but I was able to locate a Honda compatible 6-pin OBD2 adapter that fits. It works with my ELM327 WiFi reader, connected to the Car Scanner iPhone app. I verified that the TPS was zeroed and I did find one error code related to ECU input voltage. I checked the voltage and found only a .10v difference, so I checked/reseated connections and cleared the code. Code never came back. I went ahead and adjusted the idle speed up some as others have recommended, which seems like it may have done the trick. The throttle body looks like it was machined for an optional IAC valve, but Qipai left it out of the design. I think this might help explain why these are finicky when cold. I say this because it seems to idle cold better if I adjust air bypass valve down when cold, but adjust it back out when warmed up.

Last edited by mototech77; 09-21-2021 at 08:09 PM. Reason: Forgot last detail

Old 09-21-2021, 08:05 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7RC View Post
Did you ever adjust the valves?
Yes, and I will probably recheck again before long based on other users’ experiences. This is a must on these bikes out of the box. Not the best manufacturing quality control

Old 09-21-2021, 08:06 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperNoob View Post
I've noticed the same things with my 2021 X-Pect. It will be idling like a top, then suddenly just stall out like I hit the kill switch or something no warning at all.

Other times it's idling fine and I'll grab a bit of throttle in preparation for takeoff, but it will instantly stall out instead of revving up.
That’s exactly what mine does. Wasn’t what I expected with EFI, but the idle adjustment seems sufficient so far (fingers crossed).

Old 09-25-2021, 05:32 PM   #22

As of the last ride, since adjusting the air bypass valve to increase idle speed, I did not have any more stalling issues at warmup or thereafter (fingers crossed). The idle is a little higher than I’d like it to be (about 1900), but it beats all the stalling.
1982 Honda Twinstar CM200

Old 09-25-2021, 06:37 PM   #23

Quote:
As of the last ride, since adjusting the air bypass valve to increase idle speed, I did not have any more stalling issues at warmup or thereafter (fingers crossed). The idle is a little higher than I’d like it to be (about 1900), but it beats all the stalling.
Can you tell us where that bypass valve is?

Old 09-28-2021, 09:55 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boatguy View Post
Can you tell us where that bypass valve is?
It’s the big flathead screw on the right side of the throttle body. Unlike a carburetor that would adjust the butterfly opening (this screw is on the left side), the air bypass simply allows more or less air to circumvent the throttle plate while leaving the TPS in the same zeroed position. Adjust counterclockwise to increase flow.
1982 Honda Twinstar CM200

Old 10-25-2023, 08:09 PM   #25

I realize this is an old thread but my 2023 x Pect is starting to have the same issue.

The spec plate on the side of the bike says 1500 +/- 100 rpm.
Ithe bike idles steady when warmed up and doesn't skip a beat. When it's cold it is stally.

I had the bike idling at about 1700 RPMs. Never had a stall issue until I adjusted it back down to 1500rpms. At 1500 it stalled once right after start up and once with a throttle crack. Might go back to 1700.

Valves at 0.06mm
Spark plug at 0.65mm
15w40 rotella jaso 2 certified

Has anyone else messed around with it?