Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pure Dirt
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2021, 06:28 PM   #1

Apollo 250rx leak

Brand new to dirt biking, have no previous knowledge on bikes, came hear to learn. My bike has been leaking 4 days since I got it, seems to be oil. Not sure the origin of the leak, but im too nervous to start taking the bike apart, dont want to ruin my 1st bike. Please tell me I didnt get scammed by a 16yr old, im real upset right now. He said it just needed and Oring. Any help is much appreciated.

Last edited by SpeedRager22; 09-08-2021 at 04:09 AM.

Old 09-11-2021, 01:03 PM   #2

Be careful I took that gear out and starter cover and there Are 2 shim washers on each side of that double gear one fell in my motor and caused a bunch of issues I thought I'd broke it had to tear everything apart for just a stupid little washer so make sure you have your washer on both left and right sides on there it looks to be more than just chain lube I wanna say there's a sensor in there maybe the sensor just needs a new O ring I think it's the indicator sensor or the neutral sensor that looks about right in the pictures if you have Facebook you can contact me And I've been walking through some more stuff I have the same bike and know a lot about it My name is Thomas Healey in the profile picture it's a blue truck in a motorcycle that's red and Gray
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210820_235528_compress94.jpg (142.1 KB, 89 views)

Old 09-11-2021, 01:13 PM   #3

I'm thinking it's that sensor black with wires if you lay bike on its side make sure gas is off also drain carb bowl it holds a small amount and will leak out it like 1oz take sensor out check oring take to auto store and find replacement lube o ring rebinstall get some carb cleaner and spray area first to confirm leak no matter what it's mostlikley fixable and he may have been right
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210820_224617_compress72.jpg (135.2 KB, 82 views)