Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2021, 04:15 PM   #1

Stolen TBR7 only ridden 5 times.

I had my TBR7 stolen from the back parking lot in the shopping center where I work. I parked it there for 3 days because it was out of the weather. My area is pretty much crime free so I didn't have in chained up to anything. I've only had it for 2 months and only ridden it a few times since getting it together. I had an appt with DMV Sept 27 to get it registered and get my motorcycle permit. I still have the Mikuni carb in the box waiting to go on it. I had also just picked up a receiver hitch carrier from Harbor Freight for it. The only mod I had done was the 17 tooth sprocket when I assembled it. Thank you all for the advise on which bike to buy, how to assemble it and mod it. It was fun to ride but that is not the kind of loss that I will be ready to repeat so I will prob be done with bikes and this forum. Since it's more of a dirt bike I don't expect the police to find it and my area is a tourist area that people from all over come and go. It could already be in another state.

Old 09-23-2021, 04:25 PM   #2

Well that sure sucks. Sorry.
Mods so far- Brozz swingarm, 21" front rim (Bridgestone Tw302 rear/Dunlop D606 front tires), Digital gauge cluster, pz30b pumper carb, after market hand guards, aftermarket brake and clutch levers, round fold away mirrors, Fly handlebars shortened slightly, 13t front sprocket
2009 Q-link Legacy 250
1982 Suzuki GS1100ES - "Jolene"

Old 09-23-2021, 04:48 PM   #3

That sucks.

2016 Magician 250

Old 09-24-2021, 10:01 AM   #4

That really sucks!!! I work On a military base so I don’t worry there but I go to a larger city and I lock the forks pad lock my helmet put a lock
In my rotor and I still wonder if it’s going to be there when I return

Old 09-24-2021, 11:33 AM   #5

I'm sorry to read this. Surely there are surveillance cameras back there? Don't count on the police to investigate (not that I am anti-police, but I am sure they are not making your $1500 bike any kind of priority); I suggest to ask the shopping center for surveillance footage yourself, and if something significant is seen (e.g. license plate of getaway vehicle or face clearly seen), take the footage to the police. For all it is worth, set up a fund, and link to it here and see how much $ you can generate if you change your mind on a new bike.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 09-24-2021, 01:56 PM   #6

Sorry to hear about it. I am very familiar with having my China bike stolen, as are several others here and on the facebook groups. Unfortunately, these dual sports are both appealing and lightweight, which makes them highly targeted by Assholes (my term for thieves).

Don't hold your breath on it being recovered. 80% of all stolen bikes are never recovered. Not trying to bum you out, just wanting to keep it real.

That being said, don't let this stop you from riding. I have owned many bikes over the course of 2 decades, and only my Hawk was ever stolen. There are security measures and practices that you can utilize to help reduce the likelyhood of your bike being the next target. I can almost promise you that the person who took your bike knew it was parked back there and knew that they could easily get away with it.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 09-24-2021, 08:10 PM   #7

Sorry to hear that man. That's one thing I worry about since these bike are light weight and easy to put in the back of a truck really quick. I need to get something to help deter some jerkoff from trying to take mine. Don't give up on having one of these bikes it sound like you really liked it. Maybe keep your eye on facebook or craigslist to see if some one is trying to sell your bike. What color was it

Old 09-25-2021, 03:25 AM   #8

The problem with thieves stealing these bikes...is because they look so dang nice! Every time I pull into a parking lot with people coming and going...someone will always stop and query me with the "that is a nice bike...who sells it...and how much is it?" I always wonder if I should lock it to the nearest sign/bike rack/trash can...whatever! Best of luck finding your bike Bud!

Old 09-25-2021, 10:00 AM   #9

One of the appeals for me for buying the Brozz was the alarm system, I liked to take the bike to make runs to the store. Like everybody else it's always a fear to leave a nice bike in the parking lot that's light enough to put into a pickup truck pretty easily. So I always set the alarm when I would go inside, and never really worried too much about the bike because that alarm is a screamer! Once I came out after being in the store for 20 minutes or so and my alarm was going off, kind of freaked me out at the time. Once I got to the bike and shut off the alarm a guy walked up to me and apologized and said he was just checking out the bike and the alarm went off. No big deal but it scared the crap out of him. So as cheap as alarms are maybe it would pay to add an alarm to your bikes. Just a thought
2022 Venom Ghost chopper 250
1997 Honda GL1500 Goldwing
1978 Kawasaki KL250
https://youtube.com/@herbiesgarage681