Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2022, 10:10 AM   #16

Bit of a bump here, but I'm also in Las Vegas (northern) and recently got started with dual sport riding after buying my first motorcycle, coincidentally the TT250.

Couldn't get into the MSF course anytime soon at CSN, so I've paid the extra $300 to take it at a Harley dealership a couple weekends from now. The extra months of legal, worry-free riding will be worth it. I'm just half your age but wouldn't mind being a riding buddy if you want one!

Old 03-23-2022, 11:12 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by vividpixel View Post
Bit of a bump here, but I'm also in Las Vegas (northern) and recently got started with dual sport riding after buying my first motorcycle, coincidentally the TT250.

Couldn't get into the MSF course anytime soon at CSN, so I've paid the extra $300 to take it at a Harley dealership a couple weekends from now. The extra months of legal, worry-free riding will be worth it. I'm just half your age but wouldn't mind being a riding buddy if you want one!

Welcome aboard! That's a fine looking bike (identical to mine down to the color and CSC skid plate). I will be ready to start riding again in April now that the little heart surgery speed bump is in my mirrors. Drop me a PM here and let's stir up some dust.

2022 CSC SG400
2021 CSC TT250
2013 Suzuki TU250
1977 Kawasaki KD175
1978 Honda CT90
2023 Mitsubishi Mirage SE
2009 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS

Old 03-23-2022, 04:27 PM   #18

[QUOTE=gearhead1961;361104]I generally enjoy fiddling around with my toys anyway, so doing a little maintenance here and there will not be an issue. In doing my research, it appears that a lot of the smaller "Japanese" bikes have China-built engines anyway and many are assembled in Thailand. So much for "made in Japan". My Suzuki TU250 claims to be built in Japan but it sounds like the engine was made by Jinan Qingqi in China, so it seems that I already own a Chinese motorcycle and didn't even know it. I was in China a couple of years ago and was amazed by the sheer number of motorcycles and scooters on the streets. If they were all truly junk, the workforce would have a tough time showing up to the office every day.

I was in China a few times and it's not unusual to see people towing a car with a 125 or hauling a sofa strapped to the back or multiple bags of cement. I hired a mover for my apartment and they used a trike/ pickup with an 8 lug truck axle in the back and a 250 Z engine, 1 load the whole 2 bedroom apartment, no problem. If nothing else's these machines are tough!! I've only hady used tt250 for a couple of months and it surprises me each time I take it out. Did 100 miles FS roads this past Sunday. Welcome, enjoy the bike!!

Old 03-23-2022, 04:56 PM   #19

Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead1961 View Post
Plan C was to take a closer look at Chinese bikes and I eventually settled on a CSC TT250. I have placed my deposit and am looking forward to the delivery.

I've had a bunch of motorcycles over the years and this one should (I hope!) be exactly the right tool for the job.
I also went quickly to Plan C after looking at local dealer websites and facebook marketplace. I settled on an SSR XF250 but had to wait 3 months for the local dealer to receive their order. Even the Chinese manufacturers have to wait for Chinese parts sometimes. By the time I received it the plastics were changed slightly and an "X" was added to the model name. I now have 90 miles on it as we only had a couple days warm enough when I had time enough to ride!

I feel it's the right tool to ride the backroads of central Pennsylvania as many of the smaller roads are not well maintained.

"It's better to offer no excuse than a bad one." ~ George Washington

Old 03-25-2022, 12:39 AM   #20

[QUOTE=2t2t250;374450]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead1961 View Post
I generally enjoy fiddling around with my toys anyway, so doing a little maintenance here and there will not be an issue. In doing my research, it appears that a lot of the smaller "Japanese" bikes have China-built engines anyway and many are assembled in Thailand. So much for "made in Japan". My Suzuki TU250 claims to be built in Japan but it sounds like the engine was made by Jinan Qingqi in China, so it seems that I already own a Chinese motorcycle and didn't even know it. I was in China a couple of years ago and was amazed by the sheer number of motorcycles and scooters on the streets. If they were all truly junk, the workforce would have a tough time showing up to the office every day.

I was in China a few times and it's not unusual to see people towing a car with a 125 or hauling a sofa strapped to the back or multiple bags of cement. I hired a mover for my apartment and they used a trike/ pickup with an 8 lug truck axle in the back and a 250 Z engine, 1 load the whole 2 bedroom apartment, no problem. If nothing else's these machines are tough!! I've only hady used tt250 for a couple of months and it surprises me each time I take it out. Did 100 miles FS roads this past Sunday. Welcome, enjoy the bike!!

My bride and I visited China in 2017. I was stunned to see just how many people were on two wheels at any given time. Everything from electric scooters to delivery "trucks". I am truly impressed with my TT250 so far.

2022 CSC SG400
2021 CSC TT250
2013 Suzuki TU250
1977 Kawasaki KD175
1978 Honda CT90

Old 03-25-2022, 12:41 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by tae View Post
I also went quickly to Plan C after looking at local dealer websites and facebook marketplace. I settled on an SSR XF250 but had to wait 3 months for the local dealer to receive their order. Even the Chinese manufacturers have to wait for Chinese parts sometimes. By the time I received it the plastics were changed slightly and an "X" was added to the model name. I now have 90 miles on it as we only had a couple days warm enough when I had time enough to ride!

I feel it's the right tool to ride the backroads of central Pennsylvania as many of the smaller roads are not well maintained.

Enjoy your XF250! That bike was on my consideration list but I opted for the "dealer-free" CSC route instead.

2022 CSC SG400
2021 CSC TT250
2013 Suzuki TU250
1977 Kawasaki KD175
1978 Honda CT90