Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2022, 10:04 AM   #1

Aftermarket harness diagram for 110cc ATV

Looking for a wiring diagram for an aftermarket wiring harness for a TaoTao 110cc ATV. I bought a harness off a company and they sent me here for a diagram. I thought they might have a copy on hand since they sold it but apparently not.

I thought it would pretty easy to do but only some of the wires match and while it would turn over before the new harness, now it won't even turn over.

Original issue was no spark. Tried things, it didn't work and figured if I replaced almost all of the electrical, then it would work.

Old 03-28-2022, 08:23 PM   #2

This may not answer your question but most of the time a no spark or no start issue is almost always due to a safety switch.

Even on riding mowers. Only seen one instance a bad coil was the issue. All other issues were faulty safety switches which connect to the black wire on the coil that kills the ignition.

On these ATVs, a faulty brake light switch won't allow the starter to turn over (had that happen on my 110 Tao Tao). You can jumper it which is what I did .

Kill switch, tethering kill switch, ignition switch won't allow for spark.

Like mowers , if you can determine which wire from the CDI connects to all of these switches and isolate it should provide spark. Providing there's not an actual issue with the coil, CDI, etc.

How many wires does your CDI box have? There are various diagrams online but it has to match the CDI box you have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguy714 View Post
Looking for a wiring diagram for an aftermarket wiring harness for a TaoTao 110cc ATV. I bought a harness off a company and they sent me here for a diagram. I thought they might have a copy on hand since they sold it but apparently not.

I thought it would pretty easy to do but only some of the wires match and while it would turn over before the new harness, now it won't even turn over.

Original issue was no spark. Tried things, it didn't work and figured if I replaced almost all of the electrical, then it would work.