Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2022, 01:41 PM   #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okierider View Post
Just got it unpacked-Looks like a lot of bike for the money
Darn it! I'm still waiting on mine, the guy hasnt called me yet. but that's good man! looks like you're going to get those pics up first, I'm stoked to see them though!

Old 04-12-2022, 03:15 PM   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by scbindisbihhh View Post
Darn it! I'm still waiting on mine, the guy hasnt called me yet. but that's good man! looks like you're going to get those pics up first, I'm stoked to see them though!
I would if I could but this forum isn’t liking my iPhone pics lol.
All told the bike really was “gas and go”. We’ve been tearing our 5 acres up, me on this and my boy on his mini bike. Bike feels good and solid, even a bit heavy.
It’s quite a bit larger than o thought it would be, but it’s zippy…almost did my first wheelie when I gave it too much gas in first lol.

I’m not a small guy either-5’9”, 230lbs power lifter build, and it slings me around with authority lol.
Edit: brakes suck, rear is especially ineffective.
Speedo isn’t working.

Last edited by Okierider; 04-12-2022 at 04:43 PM.

Old 04-12-2022, 07:19 PM   #93

Glad you got your bike in.

My back brakes work very good. Wonder it there's a problem..

Setup your speedo instructions below. Search for model KR200 instructions. Below is directions on how to set up. The front rotor has 3 pickups and a 2182 circumference front tire. Hold the button down then turn on the key to get to program mode. Hope this helps.

KR200
Enter to setting mode:

1. Disconnect all power supply

2. Press the setting button

3. Connect power supply 4. Enter to parameter setting page

E. Tire circumference setting:

1. Enter to tire circumference mode, matching digit flashing

2. Short press for the most significant digit to switch between 1

other digits switch between 0-9. 3. 1-3 times long press to enter next digit, fourth long press to en

fuel level setting.

Number of signal setting

1. Enter number of signal setting mode, number of signal d flashing

2. Short press to switch between 1 - 12 signal.

3. Long press to enter tire circumference setting mode.

Number of engine cylinders setting:

1. Enter to number of engine cylinders setting mode, matching flashing.

2. Short press to switch between 1, 2, 4.

3. Exit the parameter setting mode, enter to normal operation mo Automatic exit parameter setting mode:

1. Enter to parameter setting mode, if not pressing any button a 1 minute, instrument automatic exit parameter setting mode.

Old 04-12-2022, 07:31 PM   #94

Valve clearance is very opinion driven from what I've seen. Factory both my motors are .0025 Intake and .003 exhaust.. I've read .005 for both is popular as well. Anything over .005 is to loose..

Old 04-12-2022, 09:49 PM   #95

Rear brake cylinder needed bleeding. It still needs some but it’s worlds better now.
All in all it was a great day spent putting around with my son.
I think my dad is going to buy one now lol

Old 04-13-2022, 07:10 AM   #96

Mine got dropped off at my work Monday, I started putting it together after work, but had to go pick up one of my Grand babies, so finished it yesterday,
Brakes need to be bled, and took my a few to realize, I had to hold the front brake to make it crank with the button......I'll have to by-pass that feature....
Started right up once I put gas in it, rode it around the house, but still need to replace the oil, before I really test it out....taking my AJP PR4 out to the trails Saturday, but hope to get some time to go over all the bolts and change the oil soon...Also, the front wheel was missing one outer bearing seal...but as you can see from the pic of it being off loaded, the wheel was exposed, so probably fell out when the box got damaged..but overall, I'm very impressed with it, a lot of bike for the money for sure.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Delivery Offloading-SM.jpg (120.8 KB, 576 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5014-SM.jpg (186.1 KB, 605 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5017-SM.jpg (125.9 KB, 931 views)
2016 AJP PR4
2022 Templar X 250
2021 Sondors Metacycle
AMA Life Member

Old 04-13-2022, 10:06 AM   #97

I'll also note, it has mounting points for rear pegs, but does not come with the Pegs.
2016 AJP PR4
2022 Templar X 250
2021 Sondors Metacycle
AMA Life Member

Old 04-13-2022, 10:07 PM   #98

Good News..Below is a parts list for these bikes. Same as EGL A16 250k. Can be found on EGL website as well.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...f=true&sd=true

Old 04-14-2022, 12:53 AM   #99

And she's done. Now to change the oil and gas her up, that'll be tomorrow.

https://imgur.com/a/zLEMPAl

Old 04-14-2022, 11:36 PM   #100

So it's now running, fired up immediately just died quite a few a times afterwards but got it running steady. Noticed that the rear end of the front fender comes back to far and touches the exhaust manifold, found that out the hard way when I noticed it melting it during idle lmao.. Other than that, it idles quite steadily, and ride pretty smooth, shifts great, need to adjust the lever though, and is overall impressive. by the way, I did notice that the exhaust manifold get so hot to the point that it glows red, seen this because I had it running after dark. any of yal seen that as well and is that normal for it or what?

Old 04-14-2022, 11:58 PM   #101

Back Yard Mechanic advise at best but you might need to check the Valves. Tight Valves can cause the conditions your describing. Poor starting, running and especially overheating. Your engine symptoms say tolerance it to tight. I do recall reading assembly instructions that Valves should be checked. Get acquainted with the process because the engine potentially requires more than regular inspection.

Old 04-15-2022, 12:25 AM   #102

Quote:
Noticed that the rear end of the front fender comes back to far and touches the exhaust manifold, found that out the hard way when I noticed it melting it during idle lmao..
A couple washer on the rear two fender mount bolts can cure that.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 04-15-2022, 07:18 AM   #103

Quote:
So it's now running, fired up immediately just died quite a few a times afterwards but got it running steady. Noticed that the rear end of the front fender comes back to far and touches the exhaust manifold, found that out the hard way when I noticed it melting it during idle lmao.. Other than that, it idles quite steadily, and ride pretty smooth, shifts great, need to adjust the lever though, and is overall impressive. by the way, I did notice that the exhaust manifold get so hot to the point that it glows red, seen this because I had it running after dark. any of yal seen that as well and is that normal for it or what?
That is also a sign of running too lean, might need to bump up to a bigger jet size in the carb.....but being an air cooled engine, it doesn't need to sit idling for extended periods.

Changed the oil in mine last night, the front brake still needs to be bled, is pretty weak currently, but rode it around the block a couple times, seems to pull very good, looking forward to getting my paper work, so I can put it on the road.
2016 AJP PR4
2022 Templar X 250
2021 Sondors Metacycle
AMA Life Member

Old 04-15-2022, 04:30 PM   #104

I'm aware of it not needing to idle for long periods of time, but now I can't get the bike to remain running without immediately dying after releasing the choke. No matter how low or high I set the idle adjustment to, it just dies nearly the second my finger releases the choke.

Old 04-15-2022, 04:38 PM   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 View Post
Your MCO will need to state Motorcycle. You should be able to request that from the dealer. You can register a dirtbike as street legal in Louisiana but will be a big pain in the rear jumping through all the hoops. Best place to go for registration and tags is one of the Notary/Tag shops. They will go out there way to make sure it gets done. There in business to make money. I've register three Chinese bikes at my local Notary/Tag shops and couldn't of taken more than 15-20 minutes. Avoid the DMV. They will be clueless on what to do and will put no effort in looking anything up.
BTW, what part of Louisiana are you from?
I never seen this reply, I apologize man, and I'm from Lake Charles.