Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2022, 10:00 AM   #16

TLDR; Check if the connector for your electric start has water in it, make sure the air filter isn't covered in oil, check the chain tension.

Did it get rained on recently? I had a very similar problem with my electric start and after I took the connector apart and dried it out with a q tip it worked fine. They aren't waterproof connectors, and I put dielectric grease inside my connectors before I wrapped them with electrical tape. They still got water inside. The rubber boot that is supposed to cover all the connectors behind the headlight is shaped like a cup, and it's the wrong way up for keeping water out. I've never put more than 3/4 of a quart of oil in mine so I'm surprised you put 1.4L in yours. You should check your air filter and see if it's covered in oil, and if so you're going to want to replace that, which is no big deal. It's a pretty common lawn mower air filter I've found a few times online for $3-$5. If your chain is rubbing your tire there will be visible rub marks on the side of the tire where the knobs are making contact, if you aren't 100% sure it's rubbing just roll it around in neutral and look. If it is rubbing you can either switch to a less knoby tire or use washers behind your sprocket to physically move it. If you have a tape measure use it to see if you've got 1/2" of slack in the chain. Pull the tape out about 6" or so and push it against the swing arm close enough to the chain that you can see how far the chain is from the swing arm, then just push the chain up and see how far it moves. You're not channeling hulk hogan while you do this either, just casually push the chain up until it stops moving, then figure out if your a 1/2" out or not.

Tags
help!