Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2022, 04:02 PM   #1

Vitacci pentora 250cc cats

So I’ve been wanting to gut out the “cats” on my pentora but I don’t know if thats a good ideas.Will I have to retune the carb to get it to run right or will it be fine right after gutting it out?

Old 06-17-2022, 06:54 PM   #2

So far

Here's mine a couple stages ago, and nearly back on the road with repairs, upgrades and custom body work.
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CetngpBlTvS/
I had it on the road a couple days ago, and it's even faster than it was during winter.

It's also somewhate dangerously fast, and will pull wheelies in 3rd. I'm a fairly large, 190lb man and even with a 20lb sandbag on the front bumper, it will still hurl you into a dangerous wheely if you dump the clutch the slightest in 1st. As I relayed to others, it could eat through 2 more forward gears, but only has 4.I had a brutal flip on pavement nearly dying, and the thing took it with very minor damage. It did a forward moving backflip, half a flip and landed bars/seat down.
Broken rear body fenders, snapped starter/choke/light switch which was salvageable but easier to replace, and a few days later from riding it after the fact, the throttle cable snapped.

No significant complaints at all, but the stock tie rods are trash. I'm outside today suffering through them, the ball joint bushings are shot and there's no form on the top to grab with a secondary wrench, to lock them down.
Only the outer tie rod adjusts, so it's something I would have replaced from day 1 if I had dealt with it then. Average grade designs I see everywhere at the lowest price, your center spindle rotates, and you don't remove the tire rods from the wheel hub bracket at all.
What an absurd and irrational place to save money.